It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DCF wants my whole family to be tested for STD's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I don't want to be a spoil sport but what if I applied your same logic and method to a drug test...let's say for marijuana. Now you have given some good advice to someone that is truly protecting their personal interest but it fails in a case where I know that I have smoked a joint...if I am guilty...a hundred tests are not going to be any help. Independent or otherwise (unless I have a friend in the lab that would be willing to mask the results for me) but in a case of pure guilt...it is not going to matter.

Let's see how your advice is received...I think that should speak volumes to whether or not even a first test needs to be done...and if a second test is just going to provide more damning evidence.

I have yet to hear the OP say whether or not he has a sexually transmitted disease...and if so...what is it? That might speak volumes too...or does the OP know if he has a disease or not? Hmmm....this could be a ugly, ugly turn of events on the ATS main frame...in my opinion.
edit on 2-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

I agree... obviously I was approaching that from a perspective that OP is innocent and just wants to protect his rights.

And, actually, my experience with this comes from a drug test experience... I won, they paid.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I agree... obviously I was approaching that from a perspective that OP is innocent and just wants to protect his rights.

And, actually, my experience with this comes from a drug test experience... I won, they paid.

I sort of suspected that might be the case...I have had a similar experience myself...only I was guilty of having a little too much fun on a weekend...so I didn't win...but I did fight like hell to avoid the test...I had excuses galore!

When it finally came down to it they said Jerry if you want to come back to work you're either going to take this test or you're going to pack your locker and go to rehab for awhile...that was my last day of work there.

Anyway...seems we are on the same page...if there is obvious guilt...fighting the test would be expected and on the other side if there is obvious innocence...protect yourself and take the steps you suggested to ensure your own safety.
edit on 2-7-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

given the circumstances and looking at the point of view of those investigating the case (who only have one thing in mind, eliminating possibiities or suspects) i would advise you to do the test. i think our rights are very important however under certain circumstances and this is one of them, refusing something due to your rights would label you in their eyes as the prime suspect. they are not going to think you are refusing due to your rights, they will think you are refusing because you have guilt and are scared of being found out.

so if you did not do anything you have to weigh up what is more important to you, your rights or proving your innocent/excluding yourself from any suspicions. it sucks your suspected for expressing your rights, but you have to understand it from their point of view, especially in cases like this.

has everybody else agreed to the test? or have others refused?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lspilot6946
Last year we had custody of my wifes 2nd niece due to the fact that her mother and grandmother were found not fit to take care of her due to being hooked on drugs. The 5yo niece was here for a couple months and we decided to let another aunt take her due to the fact she had younger kids around her age. There are 4 of us that live in this house, my wife, me, a 14yo boy and a 20yo girl. Well yesterday we found out that the 5yo has genital warts...1st they said it was herpes, then yesterday changed it to HPV. I am mad...if i find out someone messed with her I'm going to hurt someone. I know there is other ways to get it but its rare.

Well now DCF is saying that whoevers care she was in in the past year WILL have to be tested for STD's. Thats everyone in our household, my crackhead sister in law and her daughter, and as well as two of her aunts families. I told the case worker that I WILL NOT BE TESTED and right away she said Why?, do you have something to hide. I was outrage that she would assume I had something to hide. I said you will not test me cause its against my rights and I wont be told what to do. Everyone has my back, I do not like my rights to be infringed on and I am going to fight this tooth and nail.

What can I do to protect myself from being tested. Can they get a court order? How can I fight that if they were to get one. Anyway, its a bunch of bull. All I know is that I was never alone with that girl and I never allowed myself to be in any type of situation to be alone with her. This family has a history of putting people in prison for false allegations. In fact once I was asked to help the child clean herself up after pooping and I said hell no I'm not ever putting myself in a situation where someone might say I did something. Anyway, what can be done to not be tested for a STD?
edit on 12/08/2010 by lspilot6946 because: (no reason given)

I really feel for you and your family at the moment but I agree with what other people say, you refusing to be tested makes you number 1 suspect to any type of abuse that this girl may have suffered from in the past. You are actually going to make it worse, besides if you did nothing what's the big deal? at least you will be eleimated as a suspect.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Wow, how entirely selfish can you be? This is a five year old child who has likely been sexually abused and you are worried about your "rights"?

If you are innocent take the flippin test and let the investigation move on. Right now, that innocent child is the one that needs to have her rights protected, not a grown man.

Grow up, stop whining and get the test!

(sorry if I am too harsh, but I have a 4 year old girl and my heart is breaking for that poor little girl)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Lots of sentiment in this thread.

My question is what if all family members are tested and come out clean? And the mother has a bunch of sketchy bf's in her past...can the bf's also be required to be tested?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

they would investigate that once it has been determined that all close by are clean, however them coming to that conclusion is being hampered by the refusal to take the test and puts suspicions on the wrong person. this will do nothing other than waste police time and resources trying to somehow eliminate the o.p. from the investigastion when a simple test could do that.

and in the mean time the real suspect if there is one is still free and could be putting other children in danger.
do the test, it is the only logical thing to do in the circumstances.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Last year we had custody of my wifes 2nd niece due to the fact that her mother and grandmother were found not fit to take care of her due to being hooked on drugs. The 5yo niece was here for a couple months and we decided to let another aunt take her due to the fact she had younger kids around her age. There are 4 of us that live in this house, my wife, me, a 14yo boy and a 20yo girl. Well yesterday we found out that the 5yo has genital warts...1st they said it was herpes, then yesterday changed it to HPV. I am mad...if i find out someone messed with her I'm going to hurt someone. I know there is other ways to get it but its rare.

Well now DCF is saying that whoevers care she was in in the past year WILL have to be tested for STD's. Thats everyone in our household, my crackhead sister in law and her daughter, and as well as two of her aunts families. I told the case worker that I WILL NOT BE TESTED and right away she said Why?, do you have something to hide. I was outrage that she would assume I had something to hide. I said you will not test me cause its against my rights and I wont be told what to do. Everyone has my back, I do not like my rights to be infringed on and I am going to fight this tooth and nail.

What can I do to protect myself from being tested. Can they get a court order? How can I fight that if they were to get one. Anyway, its a bunch of bull. All I know is that I was never alone with that girl and I never allowed myself to be in any type of situation to be alone with her. This family has a history of putting people in prison for false allegations. In fact once I was asked to help the child clean herself up after pooping and I said hell no I'm not ever putting myself in a situation where someone might say I did something. Anyway, what can be done to not be tested for a STD?

I didn't read all of the post, because my opinion on DCF and organizations like them is that they are evil, and care only about the money they can suck out of the people they torment and terrorize. They love power and the abuse of power. They don't care what the truth is, they care about destroying families and relationships.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Bad thing is - HPV is a prolific disease, and a lot of people that have it do not even know they do.

www.cdc.gov...

There are more than 40 HPV types that can infect the genital areas of males and females. These HPV types can also infect the mouth and throat. Most people who become infected with HPV do not even know they have it.

For men in particular, there may be no outward signs or symptoms. So, the chance that all of the family will test positive is very very high. This is because if you are not aware you have been infected, women can pass it to their children during birth.

Most people with HPV do not develop symptoms or health problems from it. In 90% of cases, the body’s immune system clears HPV naturally within two years.

Though there are not always outward signs of active infection, once this two year window passes, you will still test positive for HPV antibodies.

HPV is one of the leading causes of cervical cancer in women, and is the main reason the new vaccine was invented for this disease. Now the suggestions are that even teenage boys get this vaccine, because teens now are practicing more oral sex than ever before, and HPV is starting to advance as a cause of oral and throat cancers.

articles.nydailynews.com...

HPV, otherwise known as the human papillomavirus, is a leading cause of cervical cancer for women but the nasty virus is now causing a spike in oral cancer and ravaging an entirely different group: men.

Cases of oral cancer resulting from exposure to the HPV-16 strain of the virus are hitting epidemic proportions in the U.S., doctors say.

It is not as common as herpes simplex (if you ever had chicken pox, you will test positive for herpes simplex type 1), but it is high on the charts for a common and widespread STD.

Is there a test for HPV?

The HPV tests on the market are only used to help screen for cervical cancer. There is no general test for men or women to check one’s overall “HPV status,” nor is there an HPV test to find HPV on the genitals or in the mouth or throat. But HPV usually goes away on its own, without causing health problems. So an HPV infection that is found today will most likely not be there a year or two from now.

www.cdc.gov...
edit on 2-7-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
If I may presume, is your reluctance due to you having herpes and fear that by being tested, you would be implicated in how the child was infected? If that were the case, by virtue of you defending yourself, you may have caused a huge spotlight being focused on you. If this is your scenario, you may have put yourself in a bad place.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Is there some type of 'DNA' test for HPV? I mean, the fact that Joe has it doesn't mean Sally caught it from him, right?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Thank you for a very informative post.
WATS for you!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Really? You refuse to get a simple test because of pride? You have custody of a little girl. You are responsible for her at this point in her life. She has contracted a horrible disease and your own thought is about you.

Any mature responsible adult who is caring for and responsible for a child will do whatever it takes to help that child. And regardless of whether you did something or not, the fact you chose to care for the child may subject you to things that make you feel uneasy. It really does appear that you have something to hide when you refuse to take such a simple test. Everyone is taking it. Not just you. Everyone in this girl's life.

Just get the darn test like everyone else and move on with your life. That poor little girl deserves everything, yet you are washing your hands of being a selfless responsible adult in her life. :shakes head:
edit on 2-7-2011 by skirts and daggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I see the posters concern.

What if he never did ANYTHING to the girl, yet he unknowingly has HPV? The agency would view him as a prime suspect.

He now becomes a bigger suspect and also has a bigger up-hill battle to fight. Yet he may have done nothing wrong.

What if he got HPV from the girl instead of him giving it to the girl? (I'll admit I don't know if HPV can be transmitted in ways other than sexual contact. Like maybe he shared a glass with her, or he/she kissed each others checks good night. Could it be as easy as a sneeze?)

There is a lot of emotion involved. I think that taking the Gov't test will only work if he proves negative for the disease. Any other outcome and he is on the radar as a prime suspect. That is a one in three chance on the outcome being favorable. This is the real fear factor the poster is worried about. The privacy concern is just a defense mechanism and thus a normal reaction to the accusation.

I suggest, as someone else did, to have the poster take a test himself to see what the situation is. A little knowledge can go a long way. If the test is negative, then he has nothing to hide and should take the Gov't test just to get off the radar. BUT if his own test comes back inconclusive or positive, then his back is up against the wall. Whether he did or didn't molest the girl will still be up in the air and most likely there will be other testing and maybe a lie detector test. Probably testimony will be needed from the poster as well.

I agree with others in that this is 1,000% about the girl, and not about the poster. Take your own test first and see where it leads.

Disclaimer: The above is 100% my opinion

-E2

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

In the event you do get tested, I would make damn sure that your normal doctor tests you IMMEDIATELY after you get done with DCF. Dont give him/her any info about "why".

If you have an independant test done within hours, the possibility of being "framed" are greatly reduced.

I have never cared for those folks. they have done more harm to kids than good at times.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You are going to be tested no matter what you want... period. So you might as well do it willingly.
If you forsee a problem I would also get a lawyer but the main focus should be on the child, she is innocent and if anyone harmed her you should be helping the investigation anyway possible.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For so many posters to claim that it is simple pride keeping the OP from submitting to unreasonable search and seizure is forgetful at best, and government sponsored propaganda at worst.

It is not prideful to expect that there would/should be better reasoning than what is already existing in this case before a blind investigation becomes a demand for bodily fluids. I would make them get a warrant before rolling over and taking this sort of alienation and accusation. If there is no other evidence, they are crossing the line of what is reasonable and are acting upon pride themselves. They DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT. If there is parallel evidence that is also observed and understood by a judge, than I would support further investigation, even if that includes forcible testing. But the testing seems to be "blind" at this point.

*** At least three situations exist which make the DCF's search impotent.
Firstly, if the child contracted HPV during birth (being rare is NOT the same as impossible). Even if the little one had prior tests, this does not rule out lab mistakes, etc.
Secondly, if the OPer coincidentally has HPV and simply did not commit the crime.
Thirdly, the OPer does not have HPV, committed the crime, and the little one contracted HPV during a later crime. ***

Taking the test will not truly eliminate you, and if it does, then the people investigating you are plain psychotic and should not be in the care of Truth-seeking/others' welfare.

I am appalled at how many people are responding with such ignorant posts... as though an HPV test is a test of criminality...

YOOS YU'R HED SHEEPUL
edit on 7/2/2011 by Dasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

They have to start somewhere and testing everyone is a start. I'm not saying it should end there but if it were your daughter I'm positive you would go to any length to apprehend the guilty party.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Im not sure why anyone who is sexually active would never get themselves randomly checked anyways. Who the hell is that trustworthy of others?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

You are right, it is a really common disease, and even if he has the virus, that doesnt mean he gave it to the little girl. They could both be infected by different people. If he does take the test and comes back positive, he needs to make sure they actually test further to make sure that the virus is the same one she has, specifically. Im guessing there must be some further, more expensive genetic test they could do to figure out if he transmitted it to her, looking at mutations and what not like they do with HIV.

Being clean will rule you out, but having it is not a sure sign you did it. And if I were innocent, I would make sure to get a lawyer (or tell my lawyer if one was appointed for me) that they needed to isolate that virus more specifically before I got convicted.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join