It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and Tired

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Birddog26

As a veteran myself I completely understand where your anger is coming from and your fatigue reading and or listening to the BS spewed about military personnel.

That being said, we just have to suck it up and be the silent heroes brother. That's how it has always been and that's how it will probably always be. You know this already, so again I say, push it back and move forward.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

The TR-3B no I have not. I am on the Intel side of the house but have not and do not have knowledge of that side of the house. I can talk about other projects and some stuff in development that is pretty exciting. I have talked a little with Crakuer on this site about that. These have been open projects developed by Universities and some parts have been discussed on ATS.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Sorry, I just recieved a PM tonight that made me feel like the demon. I know myself and the vast Officers in the We are here to defend the citizens and uphold thier rights. There are no FEMA camps or any efforrt to reduce the population. We are here to defend them. If or when the SHTF we are there for them.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

It's simple Sir... People are idiots and will drink whatever coolaid thats pushed in their faces.

I honor your service and dedication to our country. As Cartman would say... "Damn Hippies!"

All humor aside, it's regretful that so many are so uninformed. When the war comes to our shore, we should defend it as always, but we most definatly should send "these" guys out to the front line and give them the option to fight or wave the white flag while they peddle off to some 3rd world country and see just how far they get. If they ever had the chance in hell to get past the onslaught, I seriously doubt they would be welcome in another county.

All in all, once again, I appreciate, respect, and honor your service as well as all those many others that have and continue to do today. If half the world (cmon, I dont speak for all here, but the education seriously lacks substance in these forums... and I do mean basic history. I'm willing to bet that half of these guys dont even know who our vice prez is) wants to live in the dark ages and keep chasing faries and believes that everything in life is a conspiracy.. let them. Our purpose has always been to take care of the little guy. Nothing changes. Wether they're stuborn, uninformed, uneducated, or simple idiots, we do our duity to keep those little bastards alive anyways. With hopes, maybe their children will one day show them up and make better choices and have more of an understanding in life. Sir, less you forget, there are alot of "young adults" here... Ok.. Screw the political correctness... There are alot of kids here who cant seem to get in the big people line. Perhaps one day, when they're much older, they'll look at things a diffrent way. Till then.. Damnit First Amendment!!!

Salute!

btw folx... that was my first amendment right there.... If ya dont like it... change the constitution.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Birddog26
reply to post by snowen20

Sorry, I just recieved a PM tonight that made me feel like the demon. I know myself and the vast Officers in the We are here to defend the citizens and uphold thier rights. There are no FEMA camps or any efforrt to reduce the population. We are here to defend them. If or when the SHTF we are there for them.

What gets me is... Many of these guys actually believe that sons and daughters, fathers and mothers will willingly toss them behind a fenced barrier... It's sad just seeing examples of how many of these dolts think their own family would do this to them. If the powers that be said to do so.. I dont know one soldier who would actually turn arms against his own people for such foolish reasons. Grow up and think, people!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
@ OP
The way I see it, it's your choice to work for an militant agency where you don't call the shots the at the end of the day decide your own actions.

Any negative traits directed at the military aren't necessarily directed at you personally. But with that being said, you can't expect an agency that keeps all it's shots in the dark and top secret to not invoke accusations from society. Especially when the powers that are the face of our governments and leading bodies, are habitually lying to us. Their lies in Australia are becoming so brazen now that they truly don't seem to care that we notice they promise 1 thing and then do the exact opposite.

These governing bodies are the same people that you have signed away your own freedom of action to, so you do because you are now told to do...

Sure, you are in control of your own actions at the end of the day but I could only guess that should you default against an order, you would be classified as a "turncoat". If things turned sour, who's to say that it wouldn't become a follow our orders or face termination, situation.. it wouldn't be the first time that soldiers were executed by their fellow soldiers for not following orders.

Perhaps you didn't realise that the military and government are linked together like they are when you signed up I don't know. But you can't expect people that constantly get let down by the powers that be in their country to not get suspicious of the militant powers backing them really can you?

edit on 2-7-2011 by JaxCavalera because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Yes, you believe that you are defending your country, but are you? I think its disgusting that governments brainwash their people into believing that whatever they do, its for their country, when we all know that this is not the case. Do you really think we went into Iraq to free the people? I believe its just a form of brainwashing. They get you to believe that you are defending your country, when in fact you are doing it for the oil companies, for the arms wars etc For the powerful people who have never seen war.

People need to wake up to this, and see just how evil these people in power are. They don't give a crap about you. They don't care if you live or die in battle.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Probably because soldies in 99% of cases are'nt free thinkers,don't stop to consider an order ,action, or consiquence, they just do what they are told. I have seen alot of army training boot camp documentaries, and the #1 goal is to break you down to nothing so they can build you up to what they need, someone who will act without question or hesitation. To me that is the epitemy of brainwashing. I can't remember the last time another country was heading over this way to take us over or conquer us, but all i do hear is soldiers from the west in all parts of the eastern areas bombing and killing people who for the most part have it hard enough as it is, dealing with their corrupt leaders. 19 arabs were not responsible for 9/11, if any one thinks so there is a mountain of evidence that will not be recognised by western media,government ,or military. The logistics for those events to transpire could not take place without one of the dozen or so alphabet agencies finding out long before, and if any arabs were involved , they had help from western government employees.
When i see bombs dropping on my country , or hear of boat loads of foriegners headed this way ill defend this place, but until then i would'nt shoot or bomb anyone in another land , just because their ideology does'nt comply with Western status quoe's wants or needs. Nothing personal to any one individual soldier who thinks they are fighting for a just cause, I honestly do think you believe that. But like i said there is no threat other than the military industrial complex that has become an entity unto itself and it's profetiers. Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
You seem to be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I can Identify with this feeling. I'm sure that if you push through this, as i did, It will make you a better person. The fact that you care enough to start this thread tells me something atleast. It's been done before and hang on because it is a wild ride. Best of wishes and keep your strength.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DN38416
Probably because soldies in 99% of cases are'nt free thinkers,don't stop to consider an order ,action, or consiquence, they just do what they are told. I have seen alot of army training boot camp documentaries, and the #1 goal is to break you down to nothing so they can build you up to what they need, someone who will act without question or hesitation. To me that is the epitemy of brainwashing. I can't remember the last time another country was heading over this way to take us over or conquer us, but all i do hear is soldiers from the west in all parts of the eastern areas bombing and killing people who for the most part have it hard enough as it is, dealing with their corrupt leaders. 19 arabs were not responsible for 9/11, if any one thinks so there is a mountain of evidence that will not be recognised by western media,government ,or military. The logistics for those events to transpire could not take place without one of the dozen or so alphabet agencies finding out long before, and if any arabs were involved , they had help from western government employees.
When i see bombs dropping on my country , or hear of boat loads of foriegners headed this way ill defend this place, but until then i would'nt shoot or bomb anyone in another land , just because their ideology does'nt comply with Western status quoe's wants or needs. Nothing personal to any one individual soldier who thinks they are fighting for a just cause, I honestly do think you believe that. But like i said there is no threat other than the military industrial complex that has become an entity unto itself and it's profetiers. Peace

How could your point of view not be taken personaIly from a soldier. I respect your opinion, but you think that you know what it is like because you watch documentaries? Ever think about who pays for those documentaries? History is always written by the victor my friend. In my opinion, you learn the most from the defeated.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I am an Army Officer and have been for over 20 years. I am sick and tired of the talk from people on this forum that wouId say that I conspire against them. I am am sick and tired of people saying that we are going to kill them or put them in camps. I am sick and tired of people saying that we did 9/11 to have wars to fight.I am sick and tired of being called a baby killer and an oppressor. we are here do uphold the Constitution and protect the citizens of the US.

Why am I demonized on these forums. Why am I hated.

I gave my life to protect and defend our country,

I give my life and soul to give others Freedom.

Why am I hated in my own country.
I must have missed that. Where did anyone say "Bird, it is all your fault". With 20 years in, you are what Bird Colonel? Brigadier maybe? You are probably not high enough up the food chain to be part of the "conspiracy". Besides, I think everyone blames the CIA not the military. So take heart and thank you for your service.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I think you got it personal. Nothing wrong with you brother. That doesn't mean conspiracies are not real somehow.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
My feelings are simple, Bird Dog. The grunts on the ground aren't the bad guys. They are just cannon fodder. The bad guys are the politicians sending you into illegal and unethical wars.

Do I think you're a bad guy? No. Do I think you're naive to allow yourself yo be used like this? Absolutely.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

While I myself have never bashed the military, and I do support them... I can honestly say I have never really seen anyone on here point the finger at the military and say "You. You're the bad guy".

But in all honesty, saying you're sick and tired of people exercising their First Amendment rights isn't making a solid case for yourself (as an individual).
edit on 7/2/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

It happens all the time on these forums and is geared twaoreds military and law enforcement. The hatred by some on this site is staggering. The ability for people to just issue blanket statements and stereotypes is just as bad.

At times the paranoia by some is just off the scales.

To the OP - Thank you for serving.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

It's simple Sir... People are idiots and will drink whatever coolaid thats pushed in their faces.

I honor your service and dedication to our country. As Cartman would say... "Damn Hippies!"

All humor aside, it's regretful that so many are so uninformed. When the war comes to our shore, we should defend it as always, but we most definatly should send "these" guys out to the front line and give them the option to fight or wave the white flag while they peddle off to some 3rd world country and see just how far they get. If they ever had the chance in hell to get past the onslaught, I seriously doubt they would be welcome in another county.

All in all, once again, I appreciate, respect, and honor your service as well as all those many others that have and continue to do today. If half the world (cmon, I dont speak for all here, but the education seriously lacks substance in these forums... and I do mean basic history. I'm willing to bet that half of these guys dont even know who our vice prez is) wants to live in the dark ages and keep chasing faries and believes that everything in life is a conspiracy.. let them. Our purpose has always been to take care of the little guy. Nothing changes. Wether they're stuborn, uninformed, uneducated, or simple idiots, we do our duity to keep those little bastards alive anyways. With hopes, maybe their children will one day show them up and make better choices and have more of an understanding in life. Sir, less you forget, there are alot of "young adults" here... Ok.. Screw the political correctness... There are alot of kids here who cant seem to get in the big people line. Perhaps one day, when they're much older, they'll look at things a diffrent way. Till then.. Damnit First Amendment!!!

Salute!

btw folx... that was my first amendment right there.... If ya dont like it... change the constitution.

Well said!

I'm sorry you're being personally attacked. I agree, as someone posted earlier, that the anger is at the people at the top of the totem pole.
I think you are an asset to this site, so I hope to continue seeing you here.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
IN what way do you feel you are upholding the Constitution or protecting Americans? By killing lots of Iraqis?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No one thinks the military did 9/11. It was the Government

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I am an Army Officer and have been for over 20 years. I am sick and tired of the talk from people on this forum that wouId say that I conspire against them. I am am sick and tired of people saying that we are going to kill them or put them in camps. I am sick and tired of people saying that we did 9/11 to have wars to fight.I am sick and tired of being called a baby killer and an oppressor. we are here do uphold the Constitution and protect the citizens of the US.

I can understand the sentiment and wished you could feel otherwise, assuming you are a sincere person.
I would prefer people adding more nuance, separating between an agency and its agents, a government from its citizens.

So, if this helps: I don't hate you.
I hate the fact that US Military is all over the world (slightly exaggerating); that they have bases in my country while I can't participate in the democratic process that ideally should guard over war and peace.

You give your life, indeed, but not to bring others "freedom" nor to protect your country, I am afraid.
That's where you become a victim as well, a victim of those who give you the orders and add the justification for those orders. There was never ever a military conflict between regular forces that had "bringing freedom" as its main motivation. Furthermore, the recent actions of the US military (active in 6 wars right now) decrease the safety of your country. And let's add a question: is it the US role to bring "freedom" to the world? Don't these other nations have the same right to decide for themselves? And how about another observation that the US seems to "spread democracy" only in nations where the interests are high enough - business interests that is, not humanitarian.

So, to summarize: I sympathize with your sentiment, but i'd take it as a starting point to reflect upon the organization you give your best to

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Funny I have to ask the same questions cuz I'm muslim..
edit on 2-7-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join