It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wool before your eyes.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Youtube video titled : Settler runs over Palestinian children in Jerusalem

Find below, the uncut or extended video footage:

It concerns me, as I have mentioned in another post of late, that the Main Stream Media is not to be trusted in almost all cases on these forums, with the exception of anti-Israel news. Infact, one of the sole reasons that ATS is so popular, is that it, for the most part, is an alternative news board.

So, knowing this, why is it that people jump on any MSM story involving an alleged atrocity by Israel and disengage their objectivity and accept it as the ultimate source of unquestionable truth? Even when you can prove that the story is false, they care not.

Some of these same people are quick to jump in and respond to unfounded claims on other topics with the 'Deny Ignorance' slogan, though at the same time, accept any scrap of media, regardless of whether it is true or a complete fabrication as 'gospel' when it concerns hating on Israel.

This is why I have posted the above videos for comparison. Can you really watch them in order and then continue to not question future MSM stories on this subject?

We will never really engage in intelligent debate regarding the Arab-Israeli Conflict whilst people display blind hatred and refuse to question their own thoughts and beliefs.

I half expect the usual "la-la-la-la-la-la, I can't hear you" or the "doesn't matter as Israel is no different to Nazi Germany" response to the above example, but please feel free to suprise me.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I half expect the usual "la-la-la-la-la-la, I can't hear you" or the "doesn't matter as Israel is no different to Nazi Germany" response to the above example, but please feel free to suprise me.

I was going to surprise you, until in the very last second of that second video the commentator goes:

"or was he just protecting his child from terrorists"

Which makes the whole point of the video mute. Because one group uses photo ops and the other uses neuro linguistic programming.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
even without the second longer video one could see that the children, who were shirtless and wearing masks, ran towards the moving car with arms raised with what was likely rocks in their hands.

I hope the child was not permanently injured. I just find it odd that he was protesting being taken away in the vehicle. He actually grabbed the door to prevent being stuffed inside. That was quite peculiar. Was he so angry he wanted to stay and continue throwing rocks, or was he fearful of being taken in for medical care? Perhaps another fate awaited him...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

It does not matter what the actual source of the video is; MSM; Bubba Ray from dem dar hills; Middle East; Hollywood; Japan: etc. etc. etc. It does not matter.

Regardless of what the video is, you will never know the full story from a 1 minute clip.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I recognize that gold symbol in the bottom-right of the first video. That is Al Jazeera - would you expect a muslim news source to be unbiased about an Israeli news story?

Hating Jews is the oldest hobby in the world. It's an always-politically-correct form of bigotry.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I just want to discuss a few inconcistencies in the 2nd video. The video said that the secound car did not get hit by rocks and was essentially a Palestinian car, however as soon as the boy is hit you can see the secound car stop and as the camera pans left you can see it reverse. This may indicate that it was a Jewish car. Further more I am aware that settler often travel in motorcades with 2 or more cars. Also they say that the black car was designed to block the drivers view. However, the driver in the front is driving on the right side of the road and had adequate time to stop as soon as he saw the children: He was most likely afraid of the danger ahead of him and continued driving. The black car (as a driver myself) dosen't appear to be severly impeding his vision of the road nor can you say it was put there to do so.

It is clear that the children were there to stone the settler cars driving through and there is often press situated around events such as this. The camera men hoped that something newsworthy was going to happen but I doubt that they planned it. The fact that children don't want to voluntary get run over adds to this story.

An appropriate headline would be: Palestinian children through rocks at settlers in protest and get hit by car as they are on the middle of the road and the settler was most likely scared to stop as he/she apparently had a child in the car. (it's a long title I know)

Maybe, however, you are right. But I still don't see difinitive proof. Are there any extended videos of this incident?
edit on 2-7-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I recognize that gold symbol in the bottom-right of the first video. That is Al Jazeera - would you expect a muslim news source to be unbiased about an Israeli news story?

Hating Jews is the oldest hobby in the world. It's an always-politically-correct form of bigotry.

I dunno I hate some jews or their policies at the very least. Most of the politicians like their prime minister or the llikes of Lieberman. Some of the radical jews are nuts too same for the muslim anyone who preaches hate killing or oppression are scum.

calling them on it isnt racist tho ya racism exists and not only in Israel.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
100% staged event i agree or was it staged by the zionist to decredit the other side.

During war we have double agents and Isreal are masters of deception and false flags.

This was made for propaganda but compare that to the mass propaganda machine the zionist have when they control the news outlets and Hollywood.

We will know who's lieing with the aid convoy on it's way to gaza if the IDF confiscates films taken of the attack on peace protestors like they did last time.

if they have nothing to hide then why confiscate the film.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Notice that Al-Jazeera English (which considers itself unbiased) chooses to skip the start of the extended footage for a more shocking interpretation of the story.

Al-Jazeera English

They did worse with the MV Mavi Mamara footage though, in that, they or PressTV changed the chronological order of the footage to give the impression that Israel were firing live rounds before boarding.

It was the reporting of that event last year that really woke me up to the BS that most accept as fact.

Since then, I cannot stop finding evidence of major spin.

Both sides use propoganda, that is obvious. However, it is only when you really start disecting these videos that you notice that who ever is behind supporting the Palestinian resistance knows all the dirty tricks in the book.

Sitting back and watching people accept these stories without investigation or objectivity infuriates me to hell and back.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Infact, if you go back through archived coverage of the Arab-Israeli Conflict from the past few decades, you may notice that in roughly the last decade, the Western Media bias has almost swung full tilt and become mostly pro-Palestinian.

Why? The Palestinian thirst for undermining Israel works in harmony with the Western MSM's hunger for misery=ratings=money=profit.

I also belive there is a 'greater purpose' to undermining Israel. However that has been covered very well in another recent thread by Skyfloating on this forum.

Regards, Skellon.

edit on 2-7-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
As if it never happened before, or after:

Israeli man narrowly escapes lynch in Issawiya (East Jerusalem)
www.liveleak.com...

Lynch mob's brutal attack
news.bbc.co.uk...

Only this time, they prepared cameras ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Notice that Al-Jazeera English (which considers itself unbiased) chooses to skip the start of the extended footage for a more shocking interpretation of the story.

Al-Jazeera English

They did worse with the MV Mavi Mamara footage though, in that, they or PressTV changed the chronological order of the footage to give the impression that Israel were firing live rounds before boarding.

Man if Al-Jazeera woke you up to this BS then good luck to you because they are now on the pay-roll

Russia Today or PressTV you can accuse because they give the news your goverment does not want you to see but alas Al-Jazeera is just like CNN/Sky/BBC except they pretend to be on the side of the Muslims.

Years ago yes they were difrent but today they are a joke and sing from the same hyme book as the rest of the zionist press.

When was the last time Al-Jazeera did or said anything controversal ?

Al-Jazeera sold themselves out in my book and i'm not the only one who noticed.

new topics

top topics

join