It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website makes me sick

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

You have made a good point....I stand corrected...peace out.
Really?
I don't think so. These are not people doing good but stirring up hatred for people who actually do good.
Their definition of evil is, those who do not agree with us.
I can see if you do not want to fight and that's ok and probably fighting with these kind of people is futile anyway.
peace be with you and I will stay in the war a bit longer

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I dont get into the Denominational ploy.

If a religion denies that Jesus was/is/and will be , they are not of God. If they deny he died on the cross and arose 3 days later , they are not of God. If they deny that the only way to the Farther is through Jesus Christ , then they are not of God.

It is Paganism / False religion if the above is not taught or if you add to the bible in any way.

Denominations i could care less about , God is more important that our petty squables about skirt height.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by caladonea

You have made a good point....I stand corrected...peace out.
Really?
I don't think so. These are not people doing good but stirring up hatred for people who actually do good.
Their definition of evil is, those who do not agree with us.
I can see if you do not want to fight and that's ok and probably fighting with these kind of people is futile anyway.
peace be with you and I will stay in the war a bit longer

By us "people" you mean those who believe in God...? If yes then so be it.

But please don't try and trick others into thinking we're trying to spread hatred, as that go's against everything Jesus taught... And no your not evil per say if you are not on God's side, but your associating yourself with the enemy so it will only lead you down the wrong path, where eventually you may start doing evil things.

You need to settle your personal hatred towards God my friend, and once you learn the truth that everything the bible says is true then you will come to your senses and start fighting for the right side (the righteous side).

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

Oh and to the OP:

If you hate this web site then why would you even bother posting it in the religion forum?

It seems by doing this your just a typical atheist looking to start conflict with others.

You really are not helping your cause by doing this.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

. . .but your associating yourself with the enemy so it will only lead you down the wrong path. . .
Here's a verse (warning, not the KJV),

When the experts in the law and the Pharisees saw that he was eating with sinners and tax collectors, they said to his disciples, “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
I don't think Jesus was led to sinning because of his associations.
Who is the enemy? I understand I am your enemy, so that is the war I am in, a defensive one because I do not call you my enemy.
here's another non KJV for you.

Brazen and insolent, they are not afraid to insult the glorious ones, yet even angels, who are much more powerful, do not bring a slanderous judgment against them before the Lord.

edit on 6-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" Matthew 7:16

"Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.' Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:33-34

"The righteous should choose his friends carefully,
For the way of the wicked leads them astray." Proverbs 12:26

"He who walks with wise men will be wise,
But the companion of fools will be destroyed." Proverbs 13:20

"Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of evil. Avoid it, do not travel on it; turn away from it and pass on." Proverbs 4:14-15

edit on 6-7-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

Thank-you for posting this link.I will look at the website later,but,
I loved that chick track.
Yeshua HaMashiach/Jesus the Messiah

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
I don't see anything on that site that's any more outrageous than the hate filled threads written on this site everyday. What's the difference?

LOL... You sir are a hypocrite. You claim to be a soldier of god but you have hate towards others and wished death upon certain individuals. Would YOUR god really appreciate those actions?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

"Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.' Awake to righteousness, and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of God. I speak this to your shame." 1 Corinthians 15:33-34
This is not a single sentence.
These are two items in a group of proverbs Paul is reciting for the Corinthians to keep in mind.
There is no direct connection between the two other than they are consecutive items in a list of separate items.
One proverb warns of hanging out with doers of evil.
The next proverb has to do with drunkenness and having your mind working in a specific direction.
So all you could rightfully be doing, when you are applying this proverb about company is to imply that the people you want to be critical of, who do not share your same particular belief, are doing evil things, which you have no evidence of.
That is why I quoted the verse, earlier of slanderous accusations, how people should not engage in that.
So the only evidence of anyone being evil, that I have, is of you. So, I should not associate with you, according to your own quoted proverb.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

This is not a single sentence.
These are two items in a group of proverbs Paul is reciting for the Corinthians to keep in mind.
There is no direct connection between the two other than they are consecutive items in a list of separate items.
One proverb warns of hanging out with doers of evil.
The next proverb has to do with drunkenness and having your mind working in a specific direction.
So all you could rightfully be doing, when you are applying this proverb about company is to imply that the people you want to be critical of, who do not share your same particular belief, are doing evil things, which you have no evidence of.
That is why I quoted the verse, earlier of slanderous accusations, how people should not engage in that.
So the only evidence of anyone being evil, that I have, is of you. So, I should not associate with you, according to your own quoted proverb.

"Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?" Matthew 7:16

I think that verse is all one needs to define if a religion is evil or not.

Name the religion and ill tell you what i think.

Obviously some a more harmful than others.

I originally said that the wiccan religion is evil, and now your saying im using slander?

I Don't think i am, and i think Jesus would think wicca is evil too, because all magic whether good or bad comes from dark forces, and Jesus said not to dabble in the occult. Wiccan is witchcraft. Maybe you should do some research before defending such religions/beliefs without even knowing what they're about.

But after all none of this matters, because if you don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ then you are not on the right path to salvation.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Oh and maybe this verse is more suitable for what i was trying to say.

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness but rather Expose them." - Ephesians 5:11

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You have been making some good points here sir, keep up the good work
Contrary to some peoples beliefs on here...these good works will not get you to heaven though

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Wiccan is witchcraft. Maybe you should do some research before defending such religions/beliefs without even knowing what they're about.

The author of the original posting, Wiilydude89, has not posted since then. He says three words, "I am wiccan", and from this, you have a whole pile of charges to make against him.
So, you are taking the role of the diabolo, which is the thrower of accusations, comonly know as the Devil.
You have no "fruits" to present as evidence, which makes you a slanderer or a satan.
How do you have this special knowledge of this person who you do not know? Is it by Witchcraft, divination? Do you have a "familiar spirit" who tells you these things?
I am not defending a particular belief but people who may have good lives. I have spent a lot of time discussing things on forums with people who do not claim to be Christian who are really good people and are offended when they are told by holier than thou types that they are going to hell.

But after all none of this matters, because if you don't believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ then you are not on the right path to salvation.
Now you are implying that I am going to Hell, too? When did I say I did not believe in the resurrection of Christ? I was telling a story earlier about Protestant doctrines and how there is a hole in it as far as biblical backing for a substitutionary righteousness. That is a part of what some preachers will use in a sermon or put in a book. It seems like a good concept but it is not defensible against close scrutiny.
The blood of Jesus is the propitiation which shields the human race on this planet from having been annihilated a long time ago. The life of Jesus stands as the representative of this same race of mankind, so we can have things like the Holy Spirit though we are not holy ourselves, so we can though that agency, reach towards that goal of becoming holy and worthy of living in the kingdom come. But the works of Jesus does not substitute for our participation in that regeneration process and becoming better persons.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

This is not an accusation, he made a self admitting statement, and since he did not say much else i went off what little he did say... You see I only deal in facts, i am not interested in lies or half truths.

The simple facts are wiccan is evil and if he wishes to dabble in the occult he becomes evil too.

That just seems like common sense to me? if you disagree please tell me why my school of thought does not make logical sense to you, since you seem to be having difficulties agreeing with me.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I can look up my own church and it is listed as being satanic and it is Christian.
It is demonised because we teach that there is something to baptism and is the first step to take towards the goal of being truly converted and to having a regeneration, and that it symbolized the work of the Holy Spirit coming into us because of our spiritual union with Christ.
Your web site equates that with witchcraft.
Trying to be a better person, is grounds for being accused of being Satanic by your site.
Is it any wonder then, I may come forward to defend a person who is my fellow accused?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
HELLO.
ANYBODY OUT THERE?
Would one of you Baptists out there like to explain why baptism makes my church satanic, please.
Would you like to go over the charges with me, point by point, of why our church is evil?
Do you want to defend your web site?
Seriously, I have to wonder about people who choose to hide behind a web site and will not face those they accuse.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

The bible doesn't teach that you need to be baptized to be saved so maybe its a deception, who knows?

I don't know the exact article you read so i don't know what your refereeing to.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

The bible doesn't teach that you need to be baptized to be saved so maybe its a deception, who knows?

I don't know the exact article you read so i don't know what your refereeing to.
That is probably the main point of the article so you can deal with that.
Technically, we do not say it has to be done, to be saved. Hypothetically there could be circumstances that could prevent a baptism, so a person in that situation would not be damned to hell just for that.
The other thing the author did was to search through all the known literature ever put out by anyone representing the church and found one quote that suggested that there was something beneficial in the act itself. The author construes that to mean that the church teaches magical powers in baptism to create an instant regeneration in the person being baptized, which is ridiculous and I do not know a single person who would ever take a thought like that seriously.
Here is the quote the author takes issue with,

Baptism symbolized dying to self and coming alive in Jesus. We practice full immersion baptism because by being fully buried beneath the water we symbolize that God's grace fully fills us with His new life for the future. Through baptism we are truly born again in Jesus.
It looks to me the person who wrote this was trying to be poetic. In common usage, we take the concept of baptism exactly like the Baptists do. This is just nit-picking to find something to say, "we are right and they are wrong so come to our church and pay tithes to us, not them."

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

one religion cannot denounce another because we really don't know and if you believe witchcraft is evil more power to you but I think it is just propaganda

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

This is not an accusation, he made a self admitting statement, and since he did not say much else i went off what little he did say... You see I only deal in facts, i am not interested in lies or half truths.

The simple facts are wiccan is evil and if he wishes to dabble in the occult he becomes evil too.

how can you say wicca is evil and that is a fact. maybe because you were raised to think that way? this is the case with 79% of people. you beleive wicca is evil because thats what you were taught but you "most likely" have no experience with wicca.

also I am NOT a dabbler I am a third degree and leader of a coven of six.

and with this thread i was not just defending my religion I was defending every religion because that website was so willing to call everyone who was not Baptist Satan worshipers. so good day then

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join