It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website makes me sick

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Satan spends his time with religions that might actually damn people like Catholicism, Islam, and Protestants or any other works based salvation religion.
Could you explain what you mean by this?
Are you a religion which is above all those?
Or do you claim you are not even a religion, but something better than that?
Are you already in heaven enjoying yourselves and your bodies are just here as tokens or markers in some elaborate game?
Even if we believe in justification by faith, it is still based on works, the works of Jesus, or do you believe since Jesus was God, he did not have to actually do any works to be holy?
What you are is a cult and in your own terminology that makes you satanic.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Nope, I'm a Baptist. Eph 2:8-9 is my motto. Read it, you might need it when you die....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

How about the next verse?

For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them.
What does that verse mean, or do you just ignore it?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Why does this remind me of something?

Oh yes, Landover Baptist. The Satirical, Fictional Baptist church. I wonder if this is some cruel joke?

Although, after reading some of the posts, it looks real.

Radical Christians are some of the most dangerous and under-the-radar individuals in America.

Landover Forum

Wiki

You mean insane christians. Hell, I'm more radical then them. I'm a traditional Catholic and have pictures all over my walls of saints.

Yet I don't harm or think about harming anyone. What these souls do in the OP is spread the message without love...on many points.
Baptist isn't the Church God created...
edit on 4-7-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by willydude89
I was researching a few religions because I like to study theology.

Well after a few hours I came across this website www.jesus-is-savior.com...

specifically this page www.jesus-is-savior.com...

I read what they had to say and it made me sick. they call every religion and denomination that is not Baptist satanism. Their facts are very debatable or just lies. Their statements are directed to control the weaker. They also use comics (not even good comics) to show that they are right and force fear into anyone that lurks onto their pages.

Naturally the first thing I wanted to see is what they say about my religion Wicca.
www.jesus-is-savior.com...
the very first link talks about the church of satan. um okayyyy ?
and they try to sumerise their message with this comic
www.chick.com...
now thats just plain stupid.

This cannot be right and things like this is why I am a wiccan (raised Christian) .

now I will say I am not directing this tread at Christians or Baptists just at the website.

please reply I'd love to hear what all the ats'ers have to say

OP no you're a wiccan because you want to believe what you want, please don't give ATS this excuse that you're a wiccn because hypocrites are twisting Gods words.

so you bail out on God because of that?

No.. I aint buying that..

here's the bottom line on this OP...

imo...

ALOT of what they are saying is true. You gotta look at it through their eyes dude. They are doing what Christ told them to. You don't know if it's out of love or pride.

By the looks of it they are doing half out of love...

The comic scetch is stupid to me... They aint gotta mock people.

again I can't read their minds though..

I'm a roman Catholic so I'm on that list as well; however, I aint gonna get all pissed at them. I'm looking at it through their minds..

Instead of ranting about it. Go on that website and rebute every one of their points...

I'm about to do that myself because their Church started in 1700 or 1800. Christ didn't wait that long to found a Church...

So do things through your intellect.

peace op.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
These are the type people responsible for things like "Jesus Camp"

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

If you need some help with these verses, here they are:

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

These verses are pretty easy to understand right? No works, no matter how good or many, can get you to heaven. Only through faith in Jesus Christ and his sinless life, sacrifice, death and resurrection can we get to heaven.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Notice these verses are in a progressive order? 8, 9, then 10? You can't have verse 10, without first verses 8 and 9.

"for we are his workmanship" Who's workmanship are we? God's. Once you accept Jesus by grace through faith,THEN you do good works which SHOW you are a Christian.

The devil turns this around in all the major "christian" religions and makes simple minded people think doing good works is HOW to get to heaven. They are deceived.

Works cannot and will not get you to heaven. If you can live a better life than Jesus, than works can get you to heaven....good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

Funny thing about satanism is that it is a Christian derivative. Can't believe in satan without believing in Christ.
That always burns them up. That statement, not satan I mean.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Look,there is always, always going to be the lunatic fringe. My step brother takes his kids to church on Halloween so they don't worship the devil.
They can't watch Harry Potter or Pokemon because it contains magic and witchcraft. I asked him: when is the last time you actually saw someone fly on a broom?

The broom ritual btw, stems from people taking brooms out to the field and hold it like a limbo stick and someone jumps over it to show the crops how high they should grow.

Whatever, I am not going to change his mind. His kids seem fine.
Even amish kids grow up to have the same teenage troubles as everyone else. Think they don't? same pregnancy rates and drug use as the general population.

I can tell you that I have been told I am going to hell many times. I don't believe in hell, so I smile and nod. Right or wrong people believe what they are going to believe.
It doesn't change what I believe.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Once you accept Jesus by grace through faith,THEN you do good works which SHOW you are a Christian.
How do you think that happens? You have a very short explanation for what I would think was an important concept. Looking at the above, quoted from your last post, you use one word to explain, or describe, the whole process, "THEN". Could you elaborate on what then means? Does God somehow facilitate, or enable the believer to be even capable of doing good works? If so what would that be, and is the person actually a better person than he was prior to this process being worked out through him which produces these works?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The devil turns this around in all the major "christian" religions and makes simple minded people think doing good works is HOW to get to heaven. They are deceived.

Works cannot and will not get you to heaven. If you can live a better life than Jesus, than works can get you to heaven....good luck with that.
The laughing emodicon at the end of this somehow does not make me feel happy. Don't you think that if this was so dangerous a deception, such as making someone actually go to Hell, instead of to Heaven, the New Testament would have done quite a bit to elaborate on this theme?
I would think that your trying to pay for your own sins would only end in your own death, so no sense trying that. We need to accept the substitutionary death of Jesus as our payment so we can live, and have life in the future kingdom come. There is no such thing as a substitutionary righteousness. Jesus does represent the whole of mankind in order for us to receive blessings from God, in his name. There is no substitute for personal righteousness on an individual bases. God does make provision for us to become righteous and that is the work of the third person of the godhead, the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

To the OP:

There is nothing "sick" about this website, it is purely fact based, if you disagree then that's your own ignorance at fault but theirs really no need to start saying its spreading falsehoods.

That website has actually really helped me in finding out more about the christian faith and has helped set me off in the right direction and i agree with most of what they say. Things like the king james bible is the only uncorrupted english version is pure fact if you know your history, so people can stop scoffing at that for a start.

Just because this website go's against your cults wiccan views doesn't mean its not exposing your so called "faith" for what it really is, and thats an act of satan. Wiccans practice witchcraft do they not? Well the bible clearly states not to dabble is such things as all witchcraft draws its power from the occult.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

. . . the king james bible is the only uncorrupted english version is pure fact. . .
This is why 99.9% of Wiccans use the KJV in their witchcraft ceremonies.
edit on 6-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

To me these type of people are crazy, delusional and wrong. They are certainly not showing love of humanity... nor tolerance...nor forgiveness.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Your point?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Why should one show tolerance to evil and evilness?

Wait... don't answer that, the answer is we shouldn't. This website is simply exposing those who do evil and associate themselves with evil.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Your point?
That you sound just like the web site making claims about things you know nothing about and are partisan in you attitude and rally around the flag, in this case . . .a book.
You don't see how you are what you despise in your perceived enemies who have never wronged you?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Your point?
That you sound just like the web site making claims about things you know nothing about and are partisan in you attitude and rally around the flag, in this case . . .a book.
You don't see how you are what you despise in your perceived enemies who have never wronged you?

Wait a minute, how did you come to the conclusion that myself or this website know's nothing about the king james version? Furthermore these enemies of God may not have hurt me directly such as the wiccan religion, but they are hurting others by turning them away from the only true religion Christianity, so these people must be exposed for what they truly are.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

reply to post by caladonea

Why should one show tolerance to evil and evilness?

Wait... don't answer that, the answer is we shouldn't. This website is simply exposing those who do evil and associate themselves with evil.

You have made a good point....I stand corrected...peace out.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There is no such thing as a substitutionary righteousness.
I am commenting on my earlier post that was a reply to KJV1611.
It has been over 24 hrs. since I posted it and have not gotten a reply, yet.
I thought I would explain why, perhaps, not.
I grew up in the middle of a raging controversy and just happened to have lived in the capital of one of the warring camps engaged in this dispute. It had to do with doctrines of salvation and the proper way to read and think about the old Protestants, such as Martin Luther and others of his time and the men who took up that cause later to carry it on. So geographic reasons brought me into it and I went ahead and studied the sides of the arguments to be able to keep up with the discussions around me. I would hear these sayings about how Jesus' righteousness somehow stands in our place, or something to that affect. I thought to myself that would be great if it were true and if I could just find where it says that in the Bible. Well, the point of the story here is there is a reason why I would be so bold to make that claim that I have in the quote box and there is no way to dispute it in a straightforward way.
So, I am saying that it seems to me the point of the railings of the web site in question is against those who would teach personal righteousness. They themselves are the deceivers and God has a punishment in store for those false teachers who continence the self indulgence of sinners and practice it themselves.
Evil is evil and good is good no matter how you label yourself. There is no exemptions, or free passes. When you show up at the door of the wedding party dressed in rags, it does not matter if you are holding an invitation to the party in your hand, you will not be let in.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join