It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This website makes me sick

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was researching a few religions because I like to study theology.

Well after a few hours I came across this website www.jesus-is-savior.com...

specifically this page www.jesus-is-savior.com...

I read what they had to say and it made me sick. they call every religion and denomination that is not Baptist satanism. Their facts are very debatable or just lies. Their statements are directed to control the weaker. They also use comics (not even good comics) to show that they are right and force fear into anyone that lurks onto their pages.

Naturally the first thing I wanted to see is what they say about my religion Wicca.
www.jesus-is-savior.com...
the very first link talks about the church of satan. um okayyyy ?
and they try to sumerise their message with this comic
www.chick.com...
now thats just plain stupid.

This cannot be right and things like this is why I am a wiccan (raised Christian) .

now I will say I am not directing this tread at Christians or Baptists just at the website.

please reply I'd love to hear what all the ats'ers have to say

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
that crap will rot your brain stay away from it for your own safety!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by willydude89

I'm a Christian, but reading that site is just not cool. I can't believe this is the kind of stuff people argue about, fight wars for, and slaughter masses for.

I'd say those who wrote that page are very set on their beliefs and very, very biased and to me and my non-professional opinion, very misled/brainwashed.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Wow, that site is quite the repository of ignorance.

If heaven is populated solely by those who believe that tripe, I'll gladly choose the alternative.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why does this remind me of something?

Oh yes, Landover Baptist. The Satirical, Fictional Baptist church. I wonder if this is some cruel joke?

Although, after reading some of the posts, it looks real.

Radical Christians are some of the most dangerous and under-the-radar individuals in America.

Landover Forum

Wiki

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Thats because christians cant even get the name of their savior right...

based upon the site jesus is savior... they and other krishnans oops i mean christians call their savior by the wrong name and call him as if they were calling to some guy in mexico... named "hey sus" (phonetic spelling for emfasis LOL)

The correct name of the savior of the world's they so wrongly call jesus is actually ספר יהושע Yehoshua (in english letters)

lets just say your name is john and is pronounced ( J awn ) and here comes along a new giant powerful faction or group of lawmakers i.e. the roman catholic church and lets go ahead now and call you ( JOEHAN) wouldn't that be disrespectful and improper to now be called by another name, also to boot this hid and changed the true and original name Yehoshua to jesus in which the actual original Yehoshua was supposed to be called upon to be saved in the first place, NICE TRICK NICEA

They like alot of "religions" have had their fair share of misinterpretations and misrepresentations by tons and tons of people and their views throughout history...
edit on 2-7-2011 by Kamesan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I don't see anything on that site that's any more outrageous than the hate filled threads written on this site everyday. What's the difference?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
I don't see anything on that site that's any more outrageous than the hate filled threads written on this site everyday. What's the difference?

there is no difference and I don't endorse any of it for some reason some people can't accept different beliefs.
edit on 2-7-2011 by willydude89 because: confusing wording

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by isthisreallife

I went to that landover site and the first thing I saw was an advertisement saying "Is there a demon in your rectum?- It's more likely than you think." Just seeing that makes me glad to be an ex-Christian.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I actually stumbled across that site a couple days ago. This↓ was the only page I looked at.

Hand Signs 3: The Beast Has Risen

I thought it was pretty dam funny
. I don't know if whoever wrote that particular article is just too stupid to realize it or not, but he/she even included this.

Harley Clark Above:
Begun in 1955, the `Hook 'em Horns' sign started by Harley Clark still motivates UT fans today. Is it mere coincidence that every Satanist in the world uses the same hand salute?
Can't be a mere coincidence, when it is not true. The truth is that psycho religious folk make false claims that everyone who does that is a satanist.

Basically, that weak attempt at fear-mongering, led me to this.

November, 1955, University of Texas

.....A few days earlier, while in the Texas Union, Clark was talking with classmate Henry “HK” Pitts, who suggested that the hand sign with the index and little fingers extended, looked a bit like a longhorn, and might be fun to do at rallies and football games. The Texas Aggies had their “Gig ‘em” thumbs-up sign, inspired while playing the TCU Horned Frogs. With a big Texas vs. TCU game coming up on Saturday, why can’t Texas fans have their own hand signal?

Clark liked the idea, and decided to introduce it at Gregory Gym rally. He demonstrated the sign to the crowd, and declared, “This is the official hand sign of the University of Texas, to be used whenever and wherever Longhorns gather.”
www.texasexes.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This site is a satire!

It's hilarious.
Just go on the woman's page, and see the books.

However, it so close to what some of these groups actually believe that the humor is lost in some cases.
But, I've heard it said before: fundamentalism operates so strongly that the real version and the satire cannot always be clearly divided.

A very interesting site, and usually only one pun or inversion gives the game away.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Oh! That cartoon brought back memories of my childhood.
The King James version is the only one Satan hasn't messed with. Yeah, okay.

I stay away from things like that website. That was a kick in the head.

That stuff didn't make me sick, but it made me feel sorrow for the people involved in it's creation.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
My step dad, begged me to go to church with him.. I finally went. Had to walk out on the service! They were $aying only baptist could go to heaven... I believe what I beleive, but who am I to say I am right, so and so is wrong, and how do I know who god wants?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Well that second link, with the list of the `false religions` tells some truth. Its first sentence is ``religion is the worst thing to happen to the world``... how true.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by isthisreallife
Radical Christians are some of the most dangerous and under-the-radar individuals in America.

Indeed. All radicalised versions of religion are dangerous which is why the world is the way it is now!

IRM

edit on 2/7/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
In one spot, they are explaining how a certain denomination is satanic because they found within its literature, this quote, "Through baptism we are truly born again in Jesus."
Now this seems odd to me and makes me wonder what the name Baptist means.
To this writer on this web site, claiming one must be baptised is the work of Satan.
Do Baptists say you can be in their church and be saved, without ever having been baptized?
Wasn't that what Jesus and the Apostles and John the Baptist used to say, "repent and be baptized"?
According to what is on this site, it seems the Baptist position is, "just believe and everything else is optional and has nothing to do with salvation".
Concepts like conversion, not doing evil, a future judgment, are all things that if brought up as being important or necessary, makes you evil and of Satan.
I believe this is a completely backwards philosophy with no redeeming human, cultural, or moral value.
edit on 2-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
lol that was the funniest comic I read in a long time, the uncle looked like a sleazy peado, this comic should be made into a movie by the syfy channel its a much better story than any thing their showing on it now, and if they think harry potter is bad they should read the warhammer WH 40K books lol ( I love warhammer and WH 40K)

edit on 2-7-2011 by Lucifersjester because: forgot to mention warhammer lol

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Thanks for bumping up the visits per day on these web sites!! Check this one out too:

jesus-is-lord.com

Even more great truths to be found there !!

And your right, Satan doesn't waste his time with Wicca, its a fairy, tree hugging cult. Satan spends his time with religions that might actually damn people like Catholicism, Islam, and Protestants or any other works based salvation religion.
edit on 2-7-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kamesan

wouldn't that be disrespectful and improper to now be called by another name

No it's not disrespectful. It's a common practice to transliterate foreign names as best as they can be into different languages or to use an equivalent name.

For example, most people know who John Calvin is. Fact is though, his name wasn't John, rather Jean. He is called John in English because John is the English equivalent to the French Jean. Another example would be this: my first name is Thomas; pronounces in the English way. Here in Germany, they pronounce "Thomas" slightly differently, "toe-mas" instead of "tom-ahs". Why should I become offended and feel disrespected because name name was pronounced in a way differently than my language?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, I really hate to say this, but by looking at just the titles of some of the articles it looks like the author/s of this website are frequent visitors to ATS. Some of the titles are eerily reminiscent to some of the thread titles posted here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join