It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Brainwashing Techniques They're Using On You Right Now

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that everyone seems insistant on pointing out the fact that Cracked.com is a humor website (whoopdie goddamn doo!(?)). Therefor, it must be a 'hoax' or simple sattire.

Although, it may be the latter, that doesn't mean it's not *spot on* in its evaluation. Why do those ideas have to be mutually exclusive?

Jesus, try watching John Stewart or Stephen Colbert, each weekday night. The only 'outlets' willing to address the important issues of the day, while putting a humerous slant on it.

[Or, keep watching CNN, Headline News and Fox for the latest in the mother #ing Casey Anthony trial - morons]

My favorite parts were the 'Sounds like' sections... i.e. "Are you goin to the strip club with us, or are you going to be a fag?!" Perfect example. Typical loaded / slanted statements used to force an emotional response, not a rational one!

READ the article, people. It is right on the money. Period.
edit on 7/3/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

This is an awsome thread, thank you very much and I love this stuff.

This sort of information can be very enpowering, and allow you to see things that others wouldnt normally see, and thus gives you an advantage when living during these times.

What I would like to have, is for somebody to point me towards a book that covers these subjects, you must have read this information from somewhere, and would love that book.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is my first comment, I couldn't let this pass by. I have copied a commercial for a local grocery store, for someone who was in it. When I opened the files I couldn't believe what I was seeing. In the simple family oriented commercial, there are pictures of military persons with weapons, civil unrest, empty store shelves, the president, other world leaders, music artists etc...And words like TERROR spread throughout. I also found out that these images or words can be in something as inconspicuous as a an ice cube in a drink on a table full of food, and the images only are in 2/3 frames out of 29 frames per second. I think that subliminal messages are too easily & commonly used. Seeing this information in a simple grocery store commercial blew my mind. It makes me wonder how much is being pumped into our subconscious every time we turn around. Thanks for starting this thread

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Great post that holds a considerable amount of interest for me as I've often thought people in general are easily lead by the nose, well at least 75% of the population. The other 25% are introverts apparently..
I think it's easier to influence an Extrovert in comparison to an Introvert... see source

The reasons why....

Myth #5 – Introverts don’t like to go out in public. Nonsense. Introverts just don’t like to go out in public FOR AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don’t need to be there for long to “get it.” They’re ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for Introverts.
Myth #7 – Introverts are weird. Introverts are often individualists. They don’t follow the crowd. They’d prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. They don’t make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.
Myth #8 – Introverts are aloof nerds. Introverts are people who primarily look inward, paying close attention to their thoughts and emotions. It’s not that they are incapable of paying attention to what is going on around them, it’s just that their inner world is much more stimulating and rewarding to them.

See Off Topic Discussion 'Calling all Introverts...' for interested ' Introverts'.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Great thread, should be required for all who post to Political threads.
Fight political Dogma!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StormMysticD

Welcome aboard StormMysticD! Can I ask what the name of this local grocery store (and possibly location)? The reason why I ask is because I though this type of subliminal brainwashing was made illegal long ago! It would be interesting to know the facts on this.

If you haven't done so already, you should visit the Introductions forum
Weclome to ATS!

Respect.

-AS-

reply to post by LexiconV

Wow ... The external content you posted about introverts is quite accurate. I've always been, for the most part, introverted. I don't agree with all of it but none-the-less ... fairly accurate.

I gather almost the opposite is said about extroverts? (You should do a thread on Introverts and Extroverts
)

Peace,

-AS-

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is a great topic. Though things are overlapping, I think the most important feature of brainwashing is:

* Fabricating news and spreading disinformation to confuse you on major and important topics for you as a human being

Whether it is 9/11 or Alien/UFO related lies spread by the US government or it is the Chinese communist government lying about persecuting and killing innocent people; everywhere in the world the people that want to brainwash you have to lie to you, to confuse you, to disinform you, so that you stop care about what is important for you, for your family, and for everyone you care about. They want you to start to think in the way they want you to think, and the most direct way is by making you believe things they want you to believe in by telling you lies or half-truths.

We always have to double check the new information we absorb and to try to understand whether the people presenting us that new information are truly sincere and kind, whether they have ulterior motives, or they are confused themselves.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Interesting article, but it was clearly biased towards anyone and any media forum that "leans" right. It seems that this article was meant to brainwash me into thinking that any thing Anti Obama is just propaganda. Pretty hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well I guess I didn't articulate any good examples of what I meant. It's nothing special or anything though, just mundane normal stuff.

In real life you can get a feel for people, since you usually know what job they do other basic things. Walking down the street this means nothing because we don't stop and talk to people on the street 95% of the time. Point is there are probably people you know in real life that you try to tell them about ATS type subjects or news.

And they will REJECT it hardcore. Knee-jerk style.

We have seen all of these reactions before on ATS in the very threads and topics that are rejected in real life.

Depending on who the person is, their disposition and their tendencies, you have to treat each differently.

Example:

When I talk to my grandmother, and want her to be informed about certain aspects of our corrupt world and how I am against it and think it sucks, I will speak in the context of the Bible.

Now I am not religious, but I am very keen about what their book says.

This is a very strong advantage with this particular type of person, I can actually get her to admit that the government is bad. Now that may seem like nothing big, but she is one of those people that voted for G W Bush, twice ok. Twice.

I think I may have actually turned her against "Them" totally. I used Biblical references to establish a bridge between what she agrees with and what she may not want to admit.

It is using one of the tactics listed above in a particular format, the "Us vs Them" paradigm. "Either you're with us or you're against us."

I lay it out like this, either she agrees with Jesus, or she agrees with evil humans. This makes my job extremely easy, because she obviously chooses Jesus.

I'm sorry but, I've got give you a interwebs wake up slap for that one.

Do you honestly believe it mattered who she voted for?

The 2 choices were decided months before the election, and TPTB would have been happy with either outcome.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
Nice OP and thread. It is coalescing nicely.
true that..It was a great read & I've bookmarked cracked for the future....

(note: I do not necessarily condone any other Zappa sangs)

Really?

Let me Recommend these Instrumental Zappa 'sangs'
that are all on youtube, its great music

Watermelon in easter Hay (soul soothing melodies...)
Black Napkins
Franks Final Guitar Solo
The Mothers of Invention - Whats the ugliest Part of your body? (only one with lyrics - awesome message)
The Orange County Lumber Truck (seriously good)
Sofa No.1 (The Acoustic version)
Sexual Harassment in the workplace
Blessed Relief
Eat that Question

Some of those tunes are among the best things I've ever listened too.. he released alot of crap too but these are gold...

Peace,
-Bob
edit on 5/7/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The sad thing is that people can see that BS is being throwen at them, but submit to it because they don't know how much evil they're giving into.

When a society gets a case a tyranny, that tyranny grows and grows untill it destroys the society.

But people don't have time to learn history with all the fabulous sporting events on television.

It really is sad though. every innocent child is expected to give up, die inside, stop asking questions, turn the damn television back on and give in to whatever the government says. If you disagree with them you are a conspiracy theorist and get laughed at by your brainwashed friends.

Most people these days have become nothing more than slaves, sheeple, zombies and subserviant serfs to the Global Elite, who are slowly killing us off any way they can, starving millions to teach us that there's not enough food to go around, and telling us that we're overheating the planet, so like 6.5 billion of us have to go.

That's what they push: Your a slave, Your hurting the planet and DESERVE to die and if you have an opinion about our system, well, you'd better watch your back.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

I'm sorry but, I've got give you a interwebs wake up slap for that one.

Do you honestly believe it mattered who she voted for?

The 2 choices were decided months before the election, and TPTB would have been happy with either outcome.

You can save that slap friend.

I agree it doesn't matter who you vote for election wise, that's why I don't vote. It's a sham, a charade. If you can vote for them, they have been compromised by TPTB, yes.

I was merely explaining the character of the person in question, her voting for GW Bush twice is rather astounding. It was an example of the type of difficulty one would have in convincing them of anything out of the mainstream.

But yes I agree, internet slap anyone who believes in voting.
edit on 6-7-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I was reading your post and something really caught my eye. I need to tell you something I learned about, You talked about the idea of light pulses that could alter your state of mind. THIS IS BEING USED ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

A little over a year ago I was introduced to a gentleman that is an ex-spook. This man was extremely intelligent and I was able to hang out with him for awhile and pick his brain. After talking with him I asked him about camera technology that the government uses. Eventually this conversation lead toward TV. I remeber him asking me "Why do you think there was such a huge push to switch to digital TV?" I did not have an answer, but this is what he told me. "The reason that they switched to digital is for a few reasons. First with digital you can push more information through the fiber optic lines and you can move the information faster." Then he went on to say also when it is in digital form you will be able to send light packets through with the digital information."

I then asked him why they would do this

His response was mind blowing. "He told me it is used to help influence people." The reason that they use this method is because of the state your brain drops into the beta state when you watch TV. If you want to understand what I am saying go look at a child or an adult that is really engaged in a movie or TV show. They look like a zombie. They are sucked into the show they enter into that state of mind. They just look very zoned out to the show.

Now the way they do this is that they will have light packets sent through the signal when you watch TV your Optic nerve which is the largest and most direct nerve to your brain will be picking up all this light from the TV. Since our bodies work on frequencies and they like to mimic frequencies around them.

Interesting fact is that when a people gather around each other in close proximioty of each other our frequencies will match up. I.E when hanging out with someone for awhile your heart rhythms will match up to one another because our bodies like to be in sync with our surrounding environment. (Try it out go cuddle your Significant Other and just wait for awhile and listen to yours and their heartbeat in time they will start to beat in rhythm with each other)

So if you were to send out a certain frequency through these light packets your Eye would absorb all of the light from the TV and the signal would be going to your brain. Your brain will pick up on this frequency sub concisously and will start to fall into that rhythm. This in a sense is a type of brainwashing.

Its funny because you can really start to understand people and you can see a lot of similar personality traits that people share and many times they watch the same TV shows. Funny how groups of people act. You can pick out the people that love to watch certain stations such as the MTV crowd or "reality Tv shows", The Fox News, Daily show/ Colbert Report mentallity will start to form and so on and so on. This is being used in Movies, Video Games, and TV

Hence the reason that TV shows are called "Programs"

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To add to the post above, TV is a huge part of brainwashing. They want people to have to work long days, and want to do nothing but watch TV when they're not working.

They NEED the brainwashing power of TVs with their Movie Industry, TV shows (which quite frankly make me sick) and Corperate News and Commercails. It all makes me sick. That's what people are fed so ofcoarse they're going to start acting like the Hollywood stars , and believing stories about Al-CIAda

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The question that everybody needs to ask now is... hmm... is Cracked Magazine pulling a Glenn Beck on us?

Could this be another pilot project by the George Soros minions contracted for the cognitive infiltration of the growing Truth Movement?

Remember the GB Protocol, first make them love you, or at least want to like you, then do the 360- a soon to become notorious and cliche move from every Pseudo-Corruption-Eugenics-Fighter.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The brain doesnt think in binary, its chemical based, the only thing flashing lights will do is put your brain out of sinc due to the way we percieve incoming light and the pulse and wave length. In worst cases it will bring on an epileptic fit and shut the brain down. So no good for trying to instill info.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archie1879
The brain doesnt think in binary, its chemical based, the only thing flashing lights will do is put your brain out of sinc due to the way we percieve incoming light and the pulse and wave length. In worst cases it will bring on an epileptic fit and shut the brain down. So no good for trying to instill info.

Yes are brains are made up of chemicals but also our brainwaves are measured in frequencies. If you can understand and learn to map these frequencies and you can understand what the Alpha, Beta, Theta, and Gamma frequencies and the many more that our brain can enter then you can recreate that frequency. By mapping the brain when in these different states you can start to understand the types of behaviors that people exhibit when in these different states. By watching TV you will be bombarded with these light packets at a certain frequency and your brain will sub concisoulsy pick up on these frequencies and then start to mimic them. Obviously once you stop watching you no longer get the signal so it no longer influences you but during that time if they put you into a different state of mind then you will think in that mind set while watching the programs.

There is a program called I doser that works on a similar idea but with sound. You put on headphones and listen to the diffrent tones and white noises and after listening for the set amount of time you will feel the effects of the different "drug" that they are trying to simulate. They did this by having someone take a drug when they were connected up to a machine that would read the brains frequency and then they would make the sound so that it would make your brain go into that state of mind which in turn would make you feel like you had taken a certain drug. Different ones they did where caffine, opium, coc aine, and other things.

Our bodies just want to be in sync and equilibrium with the environment around us.

Just something interesting to think about.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Excellent post. Being able to lay out complex neurological programming techniques in a manner people will understand. I know it was more or less a copy and paste job (well... you had to go to work early that day and I know you didn't have much time to put it together) but what you chose to post is the very basic foundation that allows people to learn and progress their mentality about some of these VERY subtle yet extremely effective techniques and to show people how to fight back to a certain extent.
Peace, Nova

edit on 6-7-2011 by Novatrino because: corrected spelling

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
certaintly seems to be working on everyone.

no one realizes what happens until 'it' actually happens...
really a curse on us humans.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join