It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Farewell to Glenn Beck: Good Riddance You Crazy Son...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

i think he riles up his opposers, ya opposers, moreso.

look it up.

he pukes more facts than some of you on a good day on the can.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Is this yet another Sorros inspired thread to trash Beck? - seriously that guy has over a hundred staff members working full time to bring Beck down - intimidating advertisers, sponsers, spreading lies on forums like this.

Apart from being a bit of a religiotard - Beck is just fabulous! - who the hell else have you got on MSM exposing and calling out the conspirators?

Except he isn't exposing anyone. He constantly lies. I am sure it sounds good to people who desperately want to believe the things he says, but much of it has no basis in reality.

And how convenient is it that anyone who exposes his lies and propaganda are working for George Soros. What is it like to believe such rubbish? Let's make Beck look like a victim of the all powerful evil Soros, then everything he says must be truth. Why does the right always need a boogeyman?

Could it be that they are often times all about fear?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You were so eloquent in your post.

Beck has no respect for facts. Are there facts in some of his shows? Sure there are, but he presents the occasional fact wrapped around flagrant distortions in order to get his propaganda through to his viewers effectively.

The man is a self promoter with a galling lack of ethics.

He doesn't care about the truth he just tells his right wing fans what they want to hear. To quote what a family member of mine said when I confronted her about listening to Glenn Beck, "I don't care about the truth, I just want to hear what I want to hear."

He may rile up his opponents somewhat but only because of his distortions. It should rile up any honest person that this man spews lies, hate, and vitriol then presents it as news all the while influencing the views of our electorate.

edit on 3-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
reply to post by fooks

You were so eloquent in your post.

Beck has no respect for facts. Are there facts in some of his shows? Sure there are, but he presents the occasional fact wrapped around flagrant distortions in order to get his propaganda through to his viewers effectively.

The man is a self promoter with a galling lack of ethics.

He doesn't care about the truth he just tells his right wing fans what they want to hear. To quote what a family member of mine said when I confronted her about listening to Glenn Beck, "I don't care about the truth, I just want to hear what I want to hear."

you are so clever to see through all his crap!

good for you! especially the enigma wrapped in a puzzle analogy.

and as a open minded person, you "confronted" a family member? CONFRONTED!!!??/?

explain!

are you a family bully? little honor killing in there somewhere?

kinda makes me sick to hear that last line.

i bet you straightened her out, right?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
reply to post by fooks

while your view is propably accurate, to his defence, he was entertaining.

most of the talking heads on tv(Kissinger, Rove, etc) are as dull as the worst college profesor, while using the same tactics.

making news silly, entertaining,keeps an audience, if you keep it shallow enough, your one of them.
it's a business, whether news or those religious tv shows, line up the faithful, and fleece the sheeps.

Glen did put on a show, what little kids would call a nut.

the old saying "if you can't convince them with facts, dazzle them with bs".

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I totally agree with you...my husband is absolutely brilliant when it comes to political history!
One day when he was watching Glen Beck I started listening & have been fascinated with listening to him ever since.
He does speak the truth, backs it up with facts & that terrifies many people, including me.
He is also an amazingly compassionate & empathetic man & that is due to the fact that he knows about suffering & pain first hand.
His passion for trying to help us see the truth is what I admire most about the man.
I truly believe we should all be scared, as this country is in an extremely sad & disasterous state.
And here is one man who is not afraid to speak out & take risks.
I pray that people of the U.S. will wake up soon & realize that we MUST take action to regain our personal rights & political freedoms.
Yes, I still believe we are living in the greatest country in the world, & I am proud to be an American citizen!
Thank you for sharing, you're obviously a very astute & intelligent person.
And to Mr. Beck & you I say take care & GB.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pjbibeau

You have got to be kidding me. You dont really believe the crap you just spewed do you? Or are you just ignorant to the fact that Glenn Beck was placed where he was? Do you have any idea of the history of the man that you speak of? Have you listened to the man do radio? Why do you think he constantly praises Israel?

People PLEASE research the people you hold as "heroes". You may find they're not so heroic anymore.
edit on 3-7-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I have watched Glen Beck since he was on CNN. When he went over to Fox, I continued to watch him, from day one, and yes, I DVR'd the program, so I could watch it when I got home from work. Since I am interested in history, especially American History, I paid close attention when to Beck and his guests when they were discussing it, especially when the dicussion concered the founding fathers and their ideas.
I didn't take Becks word for anything, nor did I take the word of his guests who were teachers of history. I have a computer, a library card, and access to several book stores. I checked the facts. Closely. Guess what? There's a whole lot of American History you didn't learn in school.
Same with political science.
I never caught Glen in an outright lie. If he was wrong about something, he admitted it. He predicted the "Egyptian spring," and the ensuing confusion and uprisings in the Middle East. He predicted the double dip recession we are going through, way back when every one was telling us it's getting better. (In spite of unemployment hanging at or around 9%.)
Don't believe me? Check the facts. Those who take someone's word on something without checking facts is either ignorant or an idiot. I am neither.
However, the liberals and progressives who hate Beck will only take something someone hands them, out of context, and present it as fact, without looking up the context are either ignorant, or idiots. I suspect they are both.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Idiots are we? I suspect you are so blinded by your hero that to even think about going back a single page and watching the truth that ive posted makes you want to puke doesnt it? Either that or you work for Glenn posting here on his behalf. We know he has people reading this site just like he has people listening to Alex Jones on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

see the above post.
As far as Israel is concerned, she is our only ally in the Middle East, and yes we should support for that reason, if no other, but I also beleive that God warns us that He will turn is back on those who turn their backs on Israel. I don't think everything Israel does is right, any more than I think everything our government does is right. But I do believe we must support the only democracy in the Middle East. But that's a topic for another thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
reply to post by e11888

see the above post.
As far as Israel is concerned, she is our only ally in the Middle East, and yes we should support for that reason, if no other, but I also beleive that God warns us that He will turn is back on those who turn their backs on Israel. I don't think everything Israel does is right, any more than I think everything our government does is right. But I do believe we must support the only democracy in the Middle East. But that's a topic for another thread.

See this is the exact reason you dont mix politics and religion. So let me get this straight, we have to protect Israel under any cost including over American lives and cities or God will turn his back on us?! Do you have any idea how foolish you sound right now? The WORLD has already, for the most part, turned its back on us BECAUSE we support Israel. And why? Can somebody please explain to me WHY we must protect Israel? Please, no religion this time in our politics.

Are we supposed to just let Israel run around and start wars doing whatever it wants while we send in OUR TROOPS to die in war in their name? America is more important than Israel especially if you are American. If you think it to be any other way you are BRAINWASHED do you understand that?
edit on 3-7-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
LOL! The behavior on this thread is why I leave ATS for a while and regroup amongst real people who really understand whats going on in real life in the real world. This behavior here has convinced me that even among the "awake" that nothing will ever be accomplished and you are as bent on division as much as the enemy is. I fear I expect too much from you all
I dont worship Beck, but I listened to him on occasion like I do Maddow or etc. It seems some ATSers are hell bent on promoting group think and that disgusts me. Especially since this board is attempting to guide you to deny ignorance. I find it pathetic and petty that others will bash a poster because they dare to listen to someone or even support someone you disagree with. Sad...

I dont like Beck, any more than I like Jones.. and I feel the same about Maddow, Stewart, and the others on the more left end of the spectrum. These are talking heads and shouldnt be seen as teachers or instructors. Some of you are still in the baby bird stage of development where you need things chewed and digested before its spit back at you.. and then bash others for being in the same situation you yourself are, but happened to choose a different mamma bird.
Because you can repeat things doesnt mean you are any more enlightened than the next person. If anything, threads like this highlight who are the most closed minded, asleep, biased, and compromised individuals on ATS who demand group think and will close their ears at any hint of differing opinion or view.

Everyone comes to the truth on a different path and I will not begrudge the person who listens to or believes things that I reject. That person who listens to or even supports that horrible whiner Beck aka master disinfo right wing shill.. they are as important in this game of exposing corruption and fighting to make things right as YOU are. These demands of homogeny and group think get on my last nerve on ATS...

Wake up and grow up for Gods sake.... left versus right is a game. There is NO left and right.. they are THE SAME and you are given a false sense of choice. If you stopped swallowing what you are fed and used some of that astounding awakened ability you claim, youd have already seen this. The left/right paradigm is a war on people's minds.. you dont even see it... then you bring it to this board. No, there will be no "revolution" of mind, country, govt, or world.. not if the sentiments here are an indication of what the so-called truth movement is. Hell, you cant even tell who the enemy is and bicker like 3rd graders amongst yourselves with playground ad hominems and less than well thought out snotty remarks! If you ever wondered why "tptb" arent fearful of any sort of viable revolution and the great "hidden agenda" is no longer hidden, but done in your face these days.... look around.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I never caught Glen in an outright lie.

So much for your research.

Glenn Beck lie of the day archive

That should take a few days to go through. All these pages about how Glenn Beck teaches, informs, and is never wrong and all anyone can cite is that he predicted the economy was going to get worse and the uprising in Egypt after both were spoken of at length elsewhere. Anyone that could not see the economy failing would have had to be blind. Anyone that needed Beck to point it out to them probably needs help cleaning up after they use the lavatory.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
These are talking heads and shouldnt be seen as teachers or instructors. Some of you are still in the baby bird stage of development where you need things chewed and digested before its spit back at you..

Which is exactly why the chockboards and teacher role worked so well for Beck.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Republicans and Democrats are “two cheeks on the same ass” sorry, had to be honest

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I dont like Beck, any more than I like Jones.. and I feel the same about Maddow, Stewart,

Stewart? I do not get the list you are making here. No one on the left ever even considers the bonehead "comedians" on Redeye so why do so many on the right worship Jon Stewart more than his own viewers do? He is a comedian. When you add Nick Depalo to your list of voices on the right it might make sense. Sorry, not getting it. Why is Mr. Hankey not in your list?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

In reply to your earlier post, I did watch the Alex Jones interview, and it looks as though he's upset because someone might be present information similar to his. Certain ideas tend to take hold at the same time, and it is presented by numerous commentators. I'm sure their sources overlap.
As far as your second post, apparently you didn't understand that I said America and Israel are topics for another thread! Might need to clean your glasses and open your mind(but not so much that your brains fall out.)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

These are talking heads and shouldnt be seen as teachers or instructors. Some of you are still in the baby bird stage of development where you need things chewed and digested before its spit back at you..

Which is exactly why the chockboards and teacher role worked so well for Beck.

Thats always had an uncanny ability to induce sleep.. starts in kindergarten.

link   

Originally posted by LulzCode6
Republicans and Democrats are “two cheeks on the same ass” sorry, had to be honest

Nice analogy,

The sad thing is that the majority of Americans have learned that it is good to choose to be on one side or the other.

Either way, they are all kissing the same ass.

link   

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join