A Farewell to Glenn Beck: Good Riddance You Crazy Son...

page: 4
49
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Beck, long before his venture into political commentary, he was all about humor and comedy, his radio show years ago was quite funny.


I bet the time he called a rival's wife and mocked her miscarriage live on the air was one of your favorites. Boy does he know comedy.


Oh yeah.


That was when Beck took a page right out of Howard Stern's how to be a shock jock unwritten manual.

I think Beck believed he could be the next Howard Stern (King of all Media) back then, maybe he still does??



Ya think so? I always thought Beck saw himself as another Howard Beale





posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Beck is one of the most annoying personalities on TV, but does anyone actually think he believes in half of the crap he talks about on his show? Is he really that crazy? I don't think so.

I think most "personalities" on TV are frauds that are just out to make money, be divisive (to make money), get attention (to make money), they don't really care about what effect they have on their viewers.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I do believe Beck is moving to Texas, the home of the next President of the United States. He will not have to pay outlandish state income taxes like he did in New York.

Be that as it may, you need to listen to all sides, some liberal msm/cable, some conservative msm/cable, a smattering of libertarian and just little bit of far out there, then make up your own mind. Although I'm sometimes guilty, being a parrot for any one point of view seems to the unthinking, irrational and ignorant.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
I see some comments here supporting Glenn Beck and I find it absolutely astounding that people cannot just step back and see that this is propaganda in its very purest form. Now I know that Beck may be saying things that some people here agree with, but how can anybody not hear alarm bells going off when subjected to this attempted manipulation, its insane.


Beck always told listeners and viewers not to take his word for anything but to research everything for themselves. How is that manipulating? You NEVER hear anyone else say that, they insist you believe what you are hearing or seeing. So what are you talking about? Beck spoke the truth about all of the interworkings and behind the scenes deals our media and govt. have going on everyday that no one would have ever put together without him.


Have a look at what 'propaganda' actually is. It is irrelevant as to whether the facts somebody like Beck (or Jones for that matter) presents are true or not, it is the twist or spin they apply to these facts to steer the viewer to make the conclusions that they(Beck,Jones) wish, this is manipulation. If you cannot recognize this kind of manipulation when you see it you are in trouble, conversely if you think that there is nothing wrong with these tactics then your moral compass is f**ked.
edit on 2-7-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer

Be that as it may, you need to listen to all sides, some liberal msm/cable, some conservative msm/cable, a smattering of libertarian and just little bit of far out there, then make up your own mind. Although I'm sometimes guilty, being a parrot for any one point of view seems to the unthinking, irrational and ignorant.


Bramble, I think this is one of the most honest and brilliant things I have ever seen posted here.

Sadly, I think people are too busy bashing, *waves hello to the left hardcore and the righ hardcore!
* to actually own up to this fact.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
I do believe Beck is moving to Texas, the home of the next President of the United States. He will not have to pay outlandish state income taxes like he did in New York.

Be that as it may, you need to listen to all sides, some liberal msm/cable, some conservative msm/cable, a smattering of libertarian and just little bit of far out there, then make up your own mind. Although I'm sometimes guilty, being a parrot for any one point of view seems to the unthinking, irrational and ignorant.


I would take it a step further and suggest people not even watch msm/cable nor talk radio that has an obvious, corporate-driven agenda (whether it's "left" or "right").

Unless it's just for pure entertainment/comedic reasons.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
I see some comments here supporting Glenn Beck and I find it absolutely astounding that people cannot just step back and see that this is propaganda in its very purest form. Now I know that Beck may be saying things that some people here agree with, but how can anybody not hear alarm bells going off when subjected to this attempted manipulation, its insane.


Beck always told listeners and viewers not to take his word for anything but to research everything for themselves. How is that manipulating? You NEVER hear anyone else say that, they insist you believe what you are hearing or seeing. So what are you talking about? Beck spoke the truth about all of the interworkings and behind the scenes deals our media and govt. have going on everyday that no one would have ever put together without him.


Have a look at what 'propaganda' actually is. It is irrelevant as to whether the facts somebody like Beck (or Jones for that matter) presents are true or not, it is the twist or spin they apply to these facts to steer the viewer to make the conclusions that they(Beck,Jones) wish, this is manipulation. If you cannot recognize this kind of manipulation when you see it you are in trouble, conversely if you think that there is nothing wrong with these tactics then your moral compass is f**ked.
edit on 2-7-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)


If you can't see that ALL other media is a left wing liberal lap dog then your compass is f**ked...



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God
 



You're still caught up with the left versus right arguement. That's simply a distraction to mask the real war: elitists versus populists, class warfare.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
SO some people here don't like him why? because he doesn't like the left, or the right?

I like Glenn beck, I'm not afraid to say it. if you actually watched some of his last shows you'd
probably agree with the points he made. which are:

Obama's policies have done more harm than good.
Stimulus has failed.
QE1-2 have done nothing for the economy.
and many others.

The reason GB has made it so well is because his presentation is vastly different than the other talking heads.

I mean seriously, he has a way of conveying commonality to his viewers, saying he's just like us, and he will suffer just like us. Not really getting that from the other guys.

just my 2 cents



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by Soldier of God
 



You're still caught up with the left versus right arguement. That's simply a distraction to mask the real war: elitists versus populists, class warfare.


No... I'm just replying to being bashed...



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So what's so funny?

He tells the truth...much of what he has said in the past has been proven to be true and has actually come to be. Much of what he says now is unfolding before our eyes.

This is not a GB Rant thread, but more like a 'What do you believe? All is well and everything going on in the World is ok and as it should be, or we are being lied to and it's just a matter of time before everything comes crashing down' type of thread.

It's not just GB laying out the facts, but so many others have taken up the baton as well.

Hate the man, not the message.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
If you can't see that ALL other media is a left wing liberal lap dog then your compass is f**ked...


You do not listen to much AM radio do you?
It is all right wing talk, sports, Christian programming. There was Air America for a while. Maybe you watch too many liberal tv shows or movies or something.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Great historian


Please purchase a dictionary.

2nd



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


You're saying this 'matter of factly' like we hate him because of his inability to have an original thought, and not because what he says is as fabricated as his fiction novels. I'm sure most of these ideas have been given to him from other sources. C'mon, progressivism is the same as nazism? They are polar opposites.

If you haven't realized it, progressive media directly oppose the MSM. ATS is infact a progressive purveyor of alternative media.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by f4rwest
 


I don't discredit what he regurgitates and integrates into his own programming. I just never liked the man. Lunatic or not. He had his 15 minutes of fame. Time for a new lunatic to scurry in and replace his role in the mainstream. That's how it works. Different strokes for different cow pokes.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0
 


exactly, progressive is the label liberals are hiding behind, and yes this website is progressive at times, like the whole aliens are really god and stuff



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Youmakemewonder
 


I sure am gonna miss you once school starts. Thanks for playing, we've got some lovely parting gifts for you out back.

I'm going to see if we can get Glenn Beck on the Right Network in time for the fall semester. Maybe we could beam Beck into every classroom in America?


Liberal heads should be exploding in 3....2....1

edit on 2-7-2011 by survivalstation because: smileys



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4
 


A great historical revisionist perhaps.

The man is a nutjob that never lets facts get in his way. He has been lying and misrepresenting the issues far to long. He doesn't scare the left, in all honesty it should scare everyone that a man like this has so large of a platform. An uninformed or misinformed electorate is one of the greatest dangers to democracy, don't let that get in the way of your ideology though.



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
you need to listen to all sides, some liberal msm/cable, some conservative msm/cable, a smattering of libertarian and just little bit of far out there, then make up your own mind. Although I'm sometimes guilty, being a parrot for any one point of view seems to the unthinking, irrational and ignorant.


Absolutely,
edit on 053131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God
 





If you can't see that ALL other media is a left wing liberal lap dog then your compass is f**ked...


Seriously? Historically media has always leaned to the right. The so called liberal media is a myth. Most of the time when you here someone from the right speak of the liberal media they are referring to any news outlet that does not blatantly espouse a right wing ideology.

Right wing radio outnumbers left wing radio 9 to 1 the last time I checked. It is truly interesting how far right wing media took off after the fairness doctrine was revoked.

Reality has a well know liberal bias.
-Steven Colbert





new topics
top topics
 
49
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join