It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Farewell to Glenn Beck: Good Riddance You Crazy Son...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Beck always told listeners and viewers not to take his word for anything but to research everything for themselves. How is that manipulating?

Because it is the same old carnival barker trick that Jones uses.

"Don't take my word for it, folks. Look it up for yourselves."
"Oh he would not say that if he was not telling the truth. No need to look it up."

Need proof? Look how many posters defending Glenn admit they do not listen to or watch him all that much. They sound just like the people that call Alex to tell him "I bought 20 of your non-copyrighted DVDs to pass out to my friends even though you tell us to copy them anyway because you need the money to keep up the good work!!"

It really is an old trick that does only seem to ever work on new dogs.

I agree with you if people are just taking his word for everything and not checking it out for facts then yes that's stupid.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

That just proves that facts do not matter. His audience is only interested in hate apparently since that is all you like about him.

Wow... generalize much? Nothing like lumping all of his supporters into one big bunch right?

Wow...fail to read much?
The qualifier "apparently since" should be a clue to what I actually said for you. It helps when you read and understand all the words in a sentence.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I agree with you if people are just taking his word for everything and not checking it out for facts then yes that's stupid.

and out of anyone in talk radio I hear that from people who listen to Beck and Jones more than I hear it anywhere else ever. I never heard anyone say that about Al Franken or Rachel Maddow but the vicious fans of these two that thing they have the whole world figured out and everything they do not like is funded by George Soros and Nazi gold do. You can usually tell the second you ask them a question about what they think they understand that was not covered by Glenn or Alex for them.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Youmakemewonder

Did you not say his audience is only interested in hate? Well I'm not and I'm part of his audience.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Youmakemewonder

Did you not say his audience is only interested in hate? Well I'm not and I'm part of his audience.

No actually that is not what I said.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

and out of anyone in talk radio I hear that from people who listen to Beck and Jones more than I hear it anywhere else ever. I never heard anyone say that about Al Franken or Rachel Maddow but the vicious fans of these two that thing they have the whole world figured out and everything they do not like is funded by George Soros and Nazi gold do. You can usually tell the second you ask them a question about what they think they understand that was not covered by Glenn or Alex for them.

Sorry but I don't think the left fact check or think for themselves anymore than the right.
It's all just a game...
edit on 2-7-2011 by Soldier of God because: can't spell

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sorry but I don't think the left fact check or think for themselves anymore than the right.
It's all just a game...
edit on 2-7-2011 by Soldier of God because: can't spell

Too bad that does not make Glenn Beck any more credible. I think many on here do not get that.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Whether you love Beck, or hate him, take him seriously, or not, you have to admit he was at least entertaining. I can't count all of the times when I laughed, loud and hard while watching his show, and there was one time where I choked on pizza while watching.

Fact is, he would still be on Fox, IF advertisers weren't so afraid of him.... He had the ratings, but didn't have the advertisers... They were scared of him, and can you blame them??

Beck, long before his venture into political commentary, he was all about humor and comedy, his radio show years ago was quite funny.

Maybe in the end here, the joke was on all of us?

And he is the one laughing loudest.... All the way to the bank!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Cool so you're showing one side of the Coin Biased much?

Some people never get over this two-party thing

Its a tactic used to cause divergence. So that no-one can focus on the real powers that be.

"Cause Dissent amongst the people themselves, They will be too occupied with each-other to focus on the real enemies"

That my friends is what allows the elites and TPTB to get away with their Atrocities Like they are doing in Libya and around the world right now.
edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SusyQ30
If you think Beck is done, I would say you're incorrect. He has become somewhat of a phenomenon in America and has a lot of people hanging on his every word.

I'll be interested to see what comes next for him.

True enough but you can say the same about Sarah Palin and Charlie Sheen.
Let's see how long this following and idolatry lasts? This is not a loyal and faithful group. This is a crowd that follows the trumpet horn and wind blow. Remember "a lot of people" designates a quantity not the quality or intelligence of those people. They will dump him in a Brooklyn second when someone more interesting and influential comes along for them to follow.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Beck, long before his venture into political commentary, he was all about humor and comedy, his radio show years ago was quite funny.

I bet the time he called a rival's wife and mocked her miscarriage live on the air was one of your favorites. Boy does he know comedy.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Cool so you're showing one side of the Coin Biased much?

Some people never get over this two-party thing

Its a tactic used to cause divergence. So that no-one can focus on the real powers that be.

"Cause Dissent amongst the people themselves, They will be too occupied with each-other to focus on the real enemies"

That my friends is what allows the elites and TPTB to get away with their Atrocities Like they are doing in Libya and around the world right now.
edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

Yes sometimes this is true.
And sometimes a long winded blow hard is really just a long winded blow hard.

Glen Beck is only a puppet sent to "cause dissent among the people" by blaming liberals and progressives for negative impact of change on this country when the negative impact is not from the change but from the plutocracy that does not want a change.
Doing nothing BUT maintaining the status quo.
The status quo makes the rich richer and the poor don't have a chance. This is the way it always has been. With more people on the planet it is more noticeable and will continue to be so until the revolt.
(building now)
Oh yes, there are people pulling strings behind him. If you look hard enough you can almost see them.
Nobody is fooled my friend.
edit on 2-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I never advocated the promotion or commendation of any individual i see the two-party scam for what it is.

Not like i already didn't know they don't report the truth on the MSM.; Thank you for your interjection though

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
good ridence. my father eats whatever he says up like candy. i cant stand walking into my house after i come home from work to hear him going on about how liberals eat aborted fetus's and how every arab wants to kill us americans

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by newcovenant

I never advocated the promotion or commendation of any individual i see the two-party scam for what it is.

Not like i already didn't know they don't report the truth on the MSM.; Thank you for your interjection though

Good and usually I don't either but when it comes to Beck, Limbaugh, Ann Coulter Sean Hannity and a few others who think they are above the fray. They are anti-human at their core and I am no psychic sensitive but I can see disgust, intolerance and hatred for humanity boiling over from their insides.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

I bet the time he called a rival's wife and mocked her miscarriage live on the air was one of your favorites. Boy does he know comedy.

Oh yeah.

That was when Beck took a page right out of Howard Stern's how to be a shock jock unwritten manual.

I think Beck believed he could be the next Howard Stern (King of all Media) back then, maybe he still does??

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegreyagent
good ridence. my father eats whatever he says up like candy. i cant stand walking into my house after i come home from work to hear him going on about how liberals eat aborted fetus's and how every arab wants to kill us americans

True. I know a fella who listens to him every day like that too. I never try to talk him out of his convictions though since it never gets me anywhere but angry and him too. It is a little like a disease they have. You can only just try and stay a friend. Probably they don't have many others they can trust.

edit on 2-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Why, I oughta...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I see bigger and better things for Glenn Beck.

Glad he had a run on FOX, because I never heard of him before that.

Great historian, and calls it like he sees it.

This scares lefties to no end.

Can't hold people like this down. He will prosper in his new endeavors.

Ok, so apparently I was wrong. What was I thinking!?

There's not doubt "he calls it like he sees it." I think every human being does this to some degree, no?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join