It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Farewell to Glenn Beck: Good Riddance You Crazy Son...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
There is no truth. No, but most viewers of this type of crud (either "side" left or right, they're both just as guilty as the other in the spreading of misinformation and propaganda) don't want the truth: They just want to hear talking points that support their views, and talking points that make any opposing views look ridiculous. It's just more division of the population of America. They separate us into opposing "teams", and set us upon ourselves, the money/power brokers laughing as their stooges mindlessly repeat their pre-written, pre-approved talking points, fighting each other ad nauseum.

The left and the right are nothing more then an illusion, two opposing made up factions designed to cause conflict. Nothing in this country will improve as long as the people fight amongst themselves. They attack their neighbor rather then attacking those who are really causing the problems. It's the most primal of manipulations, encouraging people to take their frustrations out on made up, politically designed "enemies". Enemies that are really their friends, neighbors, their fellow citizen. The people would have too much power if they were not so divided. We the people are made weak by those who have dreams of complete power and control. At least, that is my humble opinion.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Syyth007 because: spelling fix

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I see some comments here supporting Glenn Beck and I find it absolutely astounding that people cannot just step back and see that this is propaganda in its very purest form. Now I know that Beck may be saying things that some people here agree with, but how can anybody not hear alarm bells going off when subjected to this attempted manipulation, its insane.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
reply to post by Youmakemewonder

Well, since I am the only poster who didn't say farewell to Glenn and said he balanced out the equation, I can only surmise you are speaking to me.

You know what happens when you assume?

Originally posted by kro32
Way to be tolerant of someone else's views.

I don't see you guys mentioning the other side however like Ed Shulz, Rachael Maddow, or Keith Oberman.

It turns out you look like you are not really paying attention or have an ego problem.

In all honesty, I'm not a Glenn Beck follower or listener. I've caught him on cable a few times and heard his radio show once or twice.

Sure, it's always gloom and doom and that's what sells. Buy gold. Buy seeds. Buy freeze dried foods. When a Republican is president blame them for not doing enough. When a Democrat is president blame them for everything. That's just the way it goes. Both parties are evil, they both have their agendas, it's just that they try to achieve their goals in different directions.

Beck may be gone from FOX but I'll guarantee that he's not forgotten. He's built himself quite a following of people who hang on words like Soros, Agenda 21, United Nations, Sharia law and police state. Actually, quite similar in the way Alex Jones works.

Scare 'em, teach 'em, make them do their own research. If it opens one persons mind to the possibilities, I'd say it was worth it.

Funny that I said he worked like Alex Jones as well, isn't it? Nothing else here addresses what I wrote. Maybe that is because you are busy assuming.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Youmakemewonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder

reply to post by Youmakemewonder

Well, since I am the only poster who didn't say farewell to Glenn and said he balanced out the equation, I can only surmise you are speaking to me.

You know what happens when you assume?

Originally posted by kro32
Way to be tolerant of someone else's views.

I don't see you guys mentioning the other side however like Ed Shulz, Rachael Maddow, or Keith Oberman.

It turns out you look like you are not really paying attention or have an ego problem.

In all honesty, I'm not a Glenn Beck follower or listener. I've caught him on cable a few times and heard his radio show once or twice.

Sure, it's always gloom and doom and that's what sells. Buy gold. Buy seeds. Buy freeze dried foods. When a Republican is president blame them for not doing enough. When a Democrat is president blame them for everything. That's just the way it goes. Both parties are evil, they both have their agendas, it's just that they try to achieve their goals in different directions.

Beck may be gone from FOX but I'll guarantee that he's not forgotten. He's built himself quite a following of people who hang on words like Soros, Agenda 21, United Nations, Sharia law and police state. Actually, quite similar in the way Alex Jones works.

Scare 'em, teach 'em, make them do their own research. If it opens one persons mind to the possibilities, I'd say it was worth it.

Funny that I said he worked like Alex Jones as well, isn't it? Nothing else here addresses what I wrote. Maybe that is because you are busy assuming.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Youmakemewonder because: (no reason given)
Just where do you get 'assume' out of surmise? Perhaps I should have drawn a conclusion or formulated a hypothesis? Would that have mattered? Probably not.

Quite honestly, I love the way Glenn Beck makes liberals bleed from their eyeballs. I don't need to listen to the man to know that if he strikes a nerve with you, he's on to something. Same with Alex Jones, same with Rush, same with Sean Hannity. The liberals can't stand them and I love them for the fact that the liberals can't stand them. Open your eyes and see the big picture or would you rather discuss the semantics of the word surmise?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Who's going to warn us about the Nazi's now?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
For some reason, he really reminds me of some of these really obviously bad faker tv evangelists that are just after fame and money. The way he speaks and his voice inflections, not to mention horrible dialogue, turns my stomach.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I thought this was just too funny...

Hmm...I wonder if he mines this site for information or has his staff push some of his here. GBTV...please subsribe...just 10 dollars...no you can pay to listen to the same BS i used to give out for free!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Here he is, showing how he sheds phony tears. The secret is Vicks under the eyes.
Phony tears from a phony "man".

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I find it rather amusing that people, led by media matters, actually think that Beck is leaving. Sure he won't be on Fox News but he's got theblaze.com, GBTV, glennbeck.com. Fox News was just the spring board for him. He's not slowing down and you all are going to be in a comical tizzy. It's amazing.

Beck can be a little over dramatic at times however, he has put the spotlight on the PTB that are determined to change our nation for the worse. LIke he said on his show... "Look it up, read for yourself" I have read it all for myself and facts are facts, agendas, connections etc... its all there.

People are scared of Beck because they are scared of the truth. Keep your blinders on folks and just keep looking down the path that is being created FOR you not BY you.

When myopic and malevolent forces like media matters and the bottomless pockets of Soros want to silence ONE person with such fervor and vile hate, the red flag in you little brains should be flying high and straight in the wind. Ask yourself WHY?? What don't they want you to hear? Why the attempt to silence one man's free speech?

If you don't like what he has to say, you simply don't watch or listen. Right? Is Beck an elected official?? No. He's just a talking head, a husband and a father with an important message. He's not casting votes on Capital Hill.
edit on 2-7-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

There goes there finest shock jock entertainment MC. LOL. Never liked the man. I figured it would not be long as his ratings were in the dumper and the advertisers were boycotting by the hundreds.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Wow, is Black on Beck good. Thanks for the post. Supurb.

In spite of all Beck's rhetoric and horsecrap,and in spite of his arrogance and style,I learned who is in the Obama cabinet,and for that I'm grateful.

No, I don't believe all his connect the dots scenario's.

But he nailed the Middle East so far.

And when He started hawking gold? It's doubled in price in spite of him.

Give credit where credit is due,and lambast the lunatic too.

I wouldn't want it any other way personally.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
I find it rather amusing that people, led by media matters, actually think that Beck is leaving. Sure he won't be on Fox News but he's got theblaze.com, GBTV, glennbeck.com. Fox News was just the spring board for him. He's not slowing down and you all are going to be in a comical tizzy. It's amazing.

Are ya serious? When you "springboard" from national syndication and national television to a few radio stations and websites, your springboard is seriously broken. Of course he will still exist. Just like Al Gore and Keith Olbermann still exist. I just won't be accidentally hearing him all the time on television now.

In fact, what he is doing is narrowing his reach to people that really only already want to hear from him and will seek him out. That audience can only get smaller.
edit on 2-7-2011 by Senteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
People claim Glenn Beck is trying to manipulate the masses....how so? The vast majority of things he talks about come true. All the "crazy conspiracy theories" he comes up with are only crazy to those with no common sense. Those living in the clouds thinking that the world would be at peace if evil America and evil Israel no longer existed in its current state.

He's made connections time and time again, only to have mainstream media finally pick up on it months later! Mostly because there is no possible way they can deny and deflect anymore.

Most of you haters can't even deny that because you probably don't watch or listen to his shows!

I mean it's OK if people are afraid of Glenn Beck because they are soft, afraid of life, scared, and put themselves on the proverbial imaginary high horse. It's OK if the way he presents his material makes you feel uncomfortable and cower in a corner. But don't hate on his content, which is usually spot on, and in advance of the mainstream media.

Glenn Beck is preventing the world you don't want to live in.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
I see some comments here supporting Glenn Beck and I find it absolutely astounding that people cannot just step back and see that this is propaganda in its very purest form. Now I know that Beck may be saying things that some people here agree with, but how can anybody not hear alarm bells going off when subjected to this attempted manipulation, its insane.

Beck always told listeners and viewers not to take his word for anything but to research everything for themselves. How is that manipulating? You NEVER hear anyone else say that, they insist you believe what you are hearing or seeing. So what are you talking about? Beck spoke the truth about all of the interworkings and behind the scenes deals our media and govt. have going on everyday that no one would have ever put together without him.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Just where do you get 'assume' out of surmise?

From your assumption that the only person I was addressing - in the plural no less - was you.

Perhaps I should have drawn a conclusion or formulated a hypothesis? Would that have mattered? Probably not.

You can call your wrong guess anything you want to call it. It will still have been wrong and therefor nothing more than a false assumption. You cannot have read that post, read the quote I included from someone other than you and then honestly thought it was a good idea to argue that I still targeted you.

Quite honestly, I love the way Glenn Beck makes liberals bleed from their eyeballs.

Good. Go find someone that calls themself a liberal and make them bleed. I am not interested in your personal fetishes all that much, thanks just the same.

I don't need to listen to the man to know that if he strikes a nerve with you, he's on to something.

You do not need to listen to him to know he is onto something eh? That is some deductive reasoning you got there.

Same with Alex Jones, same with Rush, same with Sean Hannity. The liberals can't stand them and I love them for the fact that the liberals can't stand them. Open your eyes and see the big picture or would you rather discuss the semantics of the word surmise?

You must suffer from something I do not understand. I would never support anyone just because they upset people I label and do not like. That just proves that facts do not matter. His audience is only interested in hate apparently since that is all you like about him.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Why do conservatives try to defend beck so much?
he's crazy, bat s**t crazy. And paranoid.
Anybody defending this guy has not watched his show, or his puppets show. Seriously, he is educating "the right" with puppets, and they worship him.. They enjoy being entertained and taught like 6 year olds. tells you a bit about his supporters I guess.
edit on 2-7-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Youmakemewonder
That just proves that facts do not matter. His audience is only interested in hate apparently since that is all you like about him.

Wow... generalize much? Nothing like lumping all of his supporters into one big bunch right?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Senteri,why does the audience only have to get smaller? Ever heard of syndication? He'll be able to take his show worldwide in different languages.

A LOT of people would love to hear American Left bashing around the globe in different languages.

Maybe you missed the ratings thing...He had the highest rated show in television history in the 5oclock time slot from a cable channel. Everyone changes a channel when the information becomes redundent. Glen was becoming redundent.

He absolutly did not get fired. He was TOLD to knock it off and tone it down by Murdochs henchmen personally.

He balked.
He and Fox parted on good terms.

As much as he irritates the beegeezus out of me,he actually believes what he preaches and feels this is his calling. I'll give him a prop for his convictions, while he banks another 50million.

Yikes!!! I'm defending this nutcase? No, just keeping it honest.

Facts are Facts until he twists them,that's a gimmee.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God
Beck always told listeners and viewers not to take his word for anything but to research everything for themselves. How is that manipulating?

Because it is the same old carnival barker trick that Jones uses.

"Don't take my word for it, folks. Look it up for yourselves."
"Oh he would not say that if he was not telling the truth. No need to look it up."

Need proof? Look how many posters defending Glenn admit they do not listen to or watch him all that much. They sound just like the people that call Alex to tell him "I bought 20 of your non-copyrighted DVDs to pass out to my friends even though you tell us to copy them anyway because you need the money to keep up the good work!!"

It really is an old trick that does only seem to ever work on new dogs.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Senteri,why does the audience only have to get smaller? Ever heard of syndication? He'll be able to take his show worldwide in different languages.

Did you even read my post? Why is explained pretty clearly. What do you suppose he is syndicating? His website?

A LOT of people would love to hear American Left bashing around the globe in different languages.

Thank you for admitting that is what he does. I do not want to hear any side bashing myself. That sounds like cake for the knaves. Have at it.

Maybe you missed the ratings thing...He had the highest rated show in television history in the 5oclock time slot from a cable channel.

So he beat out reruns of South Park and Paranormal? Impressive feat indeed. Ever seen the ratings for "Keeping up with the Kardashians?"

Everyone changes a channel when the information becomes redundent. Glen was becoming redundent.

He absolutly did not get fired. He was TOLD to knock it off and tone it down by Murdochs henchmen personally.

Or what?

He balked.
He and Fox parted on good terms.

Of course they did. I mean, that is what they are telling you so it must be true.

As much as he irritates the beegeezus out of me,he actually believes what he preaches and feels this is his calling. I'll give him a prop for his convictions, while he banks another 50million.

Yikes!!! I'm defending this nutcase? No, just keeping it honest.

Facts are Facts until he twists them,that's a gimmee.

I do not really see any facts in your argument. He had high ratings for a cable show in that specific one hour slot. That does not have anything to do with integrity, honesty, factual reporting, etc. He had a lot of opinions and most did not hold up to the scrutiny of facts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join