It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Ritual Prayer Conducted At Toronto District School Board Middle School

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Jihad -

Jihad is the Arabic for what can be variously translated as "struggle" or "effort," or "to strive," "to exert," "to fight," depending on the context. In the West, the word is generally understood to mean "holy war," and the terms are given, inaccurately, exclusively military connotations.

The Quran does call for "jihad" as a military struggle on behalf of Islam. But the Quran also refers to jihad as an internal, individual, spiritual struggle toward self-improvement, moral cleansing and intellectual effort. It is said that Prophet Muhammad considered the armed-struggle version of holy war "the little jihad," but considered the spiritual, individual version of holy war--the war within oneself--as "the great jihad."

Now Jihad today refers to the use of force. Allah proclaims that all infidels, non believers and sinners against Islam should be punished by way of Jihad.

So under the Patriot Act - jihad is a form of Islamic war and they now list it as terrorism!!

So, learn some new words instead of DUDE-----who says that except Bart Simpson. Have to laugh at people like you that are brainwashed into thinking acceptance is the norm even against your own peoples rights.

Modern Islam is a global threat to our sovereignty that is conducted for the sole purpose of assimilation regardless of what we want.

Basically a stain on humanity!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Misoir

They are not changing anything dude. Did they make you pray?

Any other words? Besides dude.

Our kids need protecting from Islam and Islamic lovers like yourself who have yet to study the Religion but will preach it anyway.

Try going to some classes taught by an Imam and see the fight from their view. They are deadly serious with expanding this cult worldwide and at the expense of everyone else. If we don't like it we are against them and Allah states we are non believers so Jihad is justified.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Misoir

Seriously, you cannot be on a website that denies ignorance and have a picture of Wilders in your signature, it's just too much of an oxymoron
Not to mention it's like your coming out to the world as a Israel supporter regardless of whichever crimes are committed. Seriously, you people are just so stupid it's becoming funny. It's like your intelligence is regressing

Manners have eluded you, have they not? Your mother could have tried a little harder in convincing you that speaking down to people does not make you any better than they are. Another common mistake you seem to make frequently.

I shall not fret though as arguing with you is rather pointless.

Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
reply to post by Misoir

MOD Edit

No where in islam is child molesting taught. Dude how old are you seriously. Also could you show me where terrorism is talked about in the koran. Show me any verse in the koran that advocates the use of terrorism. Until then go back with your ignorance.

Mohammed married his wife when she was 6 years old......he consummated that marriage when she was 8 and a half!!! That is rape and sexual molestation.

But I can see by your posts that you support this kind of sexual deviancy by what you write. So here we have another backer of the sexual abuse of children. Islam and Mohammed the Prophet are one and same. He wrote the Koran directly from the words of Allah over a number of years and then set out to live in that manner. ^ year old girls are game in their eyes!!
edit on 7/2/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Jihad -

Jihad is the Arabic for what can be variously translated as "struggle" or "effort," or "to strive," "to exert," "to fight," depending on the context. In the West, the word is generally understood to mean "holy war," and the terms are given, inaccurately, exclusively military connotations.

The Quran does call for "jihad" as a military struggle on behalf of Islam. But the Quran also refers to jihad as an internal, individual, spiritual struggle toward self-improvement, moral cleansing and intellectual effort. It is said that Prophet Muhammad considered the armed-struggle version of holy war "the little jihad," but considered the spiritual, individual version of holy war--the war within oneself--as "the great jihad."

Now Jihad today refers to the use of force. Allah proclaims that all infidels, non believers and sinners against Islam should be punished by way of Jihad.

So under the Patriot Act - jihad is a form of Islamic war and they now list it as terrorism!!

So, learn some new words instead of DUDE-----who says that except Bart Simpson. Have to laugh at people like you that are brainwashed into thinking acceptance is the norm even against your own peoples rights.

Modern Islam is a global threat to our sovereignty that is conducted for the sole purpose of assimilation regardless of what we want.

Basically a stain on humanity!!

if you got all of that from the quote you provided im in a loss of words.......

my god man....lol

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theHairInTheSoup

So in the name of tolerance we should show certain groups favoritism by catering to them while completely ignoring the others because, God forbid, they be treated as a normal person? Your logic really shows your true character, completely spineless and willing to give in to the demands of any minority group no matter how unfair they are because you are terrified of confrontation. Tolerance can be a great thing, but in your case it's just masked cowardice.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

Pull up the quran where it say to punish by Jihad. Jihad means inner struggle, not holy war. I could make up a new definition to a word, does not mean it is right.

Putting jihad on a par with terrorism is the equivalent of making your thoughts criminal.

Mohammed married his wife when she was 6 years old......he consummated that marriage when she was 8 and a half!!! That is rape and sexual molestation

People did things differently back then. i am sure your great great great grandfather was also a child rapist. Some things were different back then. The catholics have a secret soceity devoted to raping kids now whereas the muslims do not. Muhammad did it 1500 years ago. Catholics are doing it now.

So here we have another backer of the sexual abuse of children

Where did I support it? Show my sentence on it.

The patriot act is so broad that you by definition fall under a terrorist as well.

So, learn some new words instead of DUDE-----who says that except Bart Simpson

You have no idea what I know or my education level and that is not the topic of discussion here

That is your opinion. You have to provide evidence for your claims.
edit on 1-7-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Pull up the quran where it say to punish by Jihad. Jihad means inner struggle, not holy war. I could make up a new definition to a word, does not mean it is right.

Damn, all this time when Osama Bin Laden declared Jihad on the U.S. and it's allies, I thought it had to do with flying planes into buildings, blowing up the U.S.S. Cole, Embassy bombings, beheading of journalists, killing aid workers and blowing up train stations. If us infidels would have just known that in advance, we could have had an inner struggle, instead of having our civilians brutally murdered. Can you please provide your message to Al Quaeda and the rest of the Muslim terrorists? Please, deliver it in person.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

Also could you show me where terrorism is talked about in the koran. Show me any verse in the koran that advocates the use of terrorism.

If you do not mind me intervening I would gladly show you where in the Koran it advocates terror/murder.

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority"

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Quran (33:60-62) - "If the hypocrites, and those in whose hearts is a disease, and the alarmists in the city do not cease, We verily shall urge thee on against them, then they will be your neighbors in it but a little while. Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

(61:9): "He it is who has sent His Messenger (Mohammed) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam) to make it victorious over all religions even though the infidels may resist."

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'

Bukhari (8:387) - Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah

Tabari 7:97 The morning after the murder of Ashraf, the Prophet declared, "Kill any Jew who falls under your power."

Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us"

Ibn Ishaq: 327 - “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”

Ibn Ishaq: 992 - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah."

Link

They seem sweet.

edit on 7/1/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Anyone who kills innocents is not a Muslim so anyone who you just named was not a muslim. You know how many people the christians have killed in Rwanda? 800,000

800,000 is a whole lot bigger number than all the muslim terrorists put together. That is only one conflict. Not to mention the killings by hitler.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hxc408
reply to post by theHairInTheSoup

So in the name of tolerance we should show certain groups favoritism by catering to them while completely ignoring the others

where did you read that other groups asking to the same school for a room to pray on a certain day at a certain time were ignored ? i must have missed that

Originally posted by Misoir
When their families moved here to the West from overseas they knew how the system was. Any immigrant with an ounce of respect for the host nation

when american move to the middle-east countries, they blow them head off with bombs & steal their natural resources.

me would rather see those soldiers praying for the love of JC in the cafeteria of the local school on the initiative of local people out of any law or obligation to do so (so= to take the initiative to arrange praying facilities for those that want it OUT OF ANY LAW OR OBLIGATION).

anyway have a good hatred/propaganda thread sheeple & sock puppets alike, me i'm out of this insane, ignorant, media conditioned butchery.
edit on 1-7-2011 by theHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I meditate like millions of others, Christians pray inside without others even knowing sometimes all day.

Islamists like to make a show a ritual of prayer their mat, facing Mecca ect, live and let live.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

What context and chapter is this? Is this during wartime? If it is during wartime then killing is acceptable for self defense. Is this verse talking about a battle on the battlefield? I have just pulled out the previous sentences prior to this one:

189. They ask you (O Muhammad ) about the new moons. Say: These are signs to mark fixed periods of time for mankind and for the pilgrimage. It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, etc.) that you enter the houses from the back but Al-Birr (is the quality of the one) who fears Allah. So enter houses through their proper doors, and fear Allah that you may be successful. 190. And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors. [This Verse is the first one that was revealed in connection with Jihad, but it was supplemented by another (V.9:36)]. 191. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Haram (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers. 192. But if they cease, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. 193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)

Notice the words: 190. And fight in the Way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. This is the context. Meaning self defense. Fight those who attack you but do not stoop to their level. I have just disproven your entire theory.

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

What context is this? There is nothing advocating terrorism in those verses. This is all talking about the rules of engagement and war for the purposes of self defense and self preservation. This entire chapter from where you are taking quotes out is basically about the rules of war. Seriously do you not understand what chapter of the Quran it is in? It would be like me reading a few sentences out of the US history books about hitler and now the entire US history is about hitler...?
edit on 1-7-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Also just because you disagree with someone else and their views does not make them ignorant, rather that makes you seem like the ignorant one.

Alright, you have a big mouth, lets deny ignorance together then shall we. I warn you though, no running is allowed.

1- Your OP is based more on an emotionally written blog post(by someone who is most likely a nut case scared of the Muslim boogyman).
2- Your OP implies that this is a bother to other students.
3- Your OP implies that other students are not allowed into the cafeteria and they are forced to stay in class rooms until praying is done.
4- You HAVE NOT read the document yourself, you did NOT think it through before you posted this thread.

And last but not least, the thing that makes me want to just point and laugh at you:

5- You are trying to incite fear amongst Christians towards Muslims.

But anyways, see those 5 points there? That was just the start, lets break it down shall we?

Seeing as how you've posted a bit of the blog post and made it look like such a big issue, lets take the part from the document you so smugly hint to:

The school is providing a venue for the Muslim student´s to have prayers at school on Fridays.
An Imam from the neighbouring mosque comes to our school and conducts the prayers.
Prior to this, students signed out early on Friday afternoons to go to mosque. By staying at school,
valuable instructional time is saved for our students.

Underlined 1: This happens one time a week, not 5, not 10, not 20. ONE.
Underlined 2: This decision was made to keep students in the school, to,
Underlined 3: save the students time.

Lets continue: The students are excused from their classes because they have to pray(freedom of religion), before, they used to have to leave the school premises to pray, now they stay on the school premises to pray. The other students used to sit through their own classes when the Muslim students went to pray, so nothing has changed here, whereas you are implying they are KEPT in classrooms and not let out because others are praying.

Now, if ONLY you had an idea of how much you put your own foot in your mouth I'd be smiling for a week. (going to do so regardless)

You people continuously badger the Muslims as if they are evil and plotting behind closed doors to take over the Christian world. When this article you post, is a shining beacon, of how well integrated Muslims can be.

The school board can now easily observe the Friday prayers, whereas before they couldn't. Less mystery, less fear. However, you can never count out the stupid people. Enter blog poster and the gullible fool who tries to make this big on ATS

(using a Wilders picture in his signature, by god man do you know how stupid it makes you look to have a picture of that guy in your signature? I mean, it must make you a hero towards all these "American Christian Muslim haters"...you kind of prove my point that you people have a target audience...ATS mods should be very wary of this(once again, hopefully one day they will realize).)

Why is a Canadian school bringing in an Imam to lead prayer on Friday for Muslim boys while keeping all the other students out of the cafeteria at that time and in their classes?

It seems that you did not research the document you posted yourself. Ignorance denied.

NEXT PLEASE.

Edit:

They also organize a special something to make girls feel more self-confident and secure, you want to start a thread on that too? This sounds like an excellent school to me by the way.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Anyone who kills innocents is not a Muslim so anyone who you just named was not a muslim. You know how many people the christians have killed in Rwanda? 800,000

800,000 is a whole lot bigger number than all the muslim terrorists put together. That is only one conflict. Not to mention the killings by hitler.

1) You're full of crap. These "Muslims", or "Non-Muslims" as you refer to them, study the Koran. They are MUSLIMS! That's a fact that anyone with an IQ over 20 will recognize.

2) This isn't about Christians. It's about Muslims. Don't try and use the "well, they did it, so it must be okay" logic. It's anything but logical. It could just as easily be said that since Muslims are running around killing everyone every damn day, that the 800,000 is justified, right? Or, is it okay for Muslims to mass murder? Oh, that's right, they aren't "Muslims".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I personally don't believe in any religion. However to tear down one religion to replace it with another one while people claim this is about tolerance are either liars or fools. I can't speak for anyone else but how many of you are ready to trade in your Religion or lack thereof to become a Muslim. Truth be told not very many if for no other reason than the religion itself it about total control and has enough rituals that people can barely practice them. The day the entire country gets called to prayers beginning at around 5 am everyday. The country stops to pray in the streets down on their knees 3 times a day and women aren't allowed to share the same restrooms even in their own homes .The list can go on forever. How tolerant are you going to be then. Oh it can and never will happen? You tell me how many countries are already functioning in this manner. More than you would care to believe.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So you only pick two that you would like to question their context? Okay let's say those two are both just for war time how about addressing the others?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No, no, no.

You do not argue with these people on their terms. Their terms are religious terms. They will try to draw you into a discussion involving neurolinguistic programming tools, known as words like "terrorism" "al'qaeda" etc. These people are organized and as such they use tactics.

You argue with them using the facts they supply you, because they are stupid enough to not understand that the facts they post do not support their point of view. You can objectively destroy any racist or bigoted statement by pointing to the facts non stop. Because facts do not support racists nor bigots.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Right, this is the last time I am going to deal with you unless you sort you life out!!

The Quran mentions JIHAD 41 times specifically. Jihad is an important religious duty for Muslims. In Twelver Shi'a Islam Jihad is one of the 10 Practices of the the Islamic Relgion.

Within classical Islamic jurisprudence—the development of which is to be dated into the first few centuries after the prophets death[—jihad is the only form of warfare permissible under Islamic law, and may consist in wars against unbelievers, apostates, rebels, highway robbers and dissenters renouncing the authority of Islam

The false western way of Translating JIHAD is Struggle as you put. However, the actual literal translation of the word JIHAD is STRIVE!!!!! Now-a-days that has become Holy war instead. Struggle was made up by western scholars who lacked the knowledge of Arabic in terms of context. So get your facts right please.

And from the Quran:

O Prophet! Strive hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell, - an evil refuge indeed. (9:73, 66:9)

And slay them wherever ye catch them.... (2:191)

And that above quote comes from the full passage here:

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors. And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. (2:190-192)

I can go on and on and on!!

But you will not comprehend the whole message until you spend some time learning about the ways of Allah and his message.
edit on 1-7-2011 by TheButcher23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is not my job to go show you everything. Now you have seen the path. Follow it and stop using the website "religioniofpeace" because it is very biased. I have been to that website just to see what they talk about.

You can see the translations yourself here:
www.dar-us-salam.com...

See the entire context of the chapter. You cannot pick up a book and pull two sentences out of it without knowing the story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join