It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Ritual Prayer Conducted At Toronto District School Board Middle School

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Link

"Islamic ritual prayers are done in my 13 year old daughter's middle school on every Friday.

Every Friday my daughter's school cafeteria changes into a mosque as dozens of Muslim boys and their imams (Islamic preachers) lead Islamic ritual prayers and no one else can even walk through the cafeteria.

Some imams (Islamic preachers) come from the outside of the school and lead Muslim students in the Islamic prayer and this happens at the school Cafeteria after the lunch on Fridays. All other non-Muslims are in classes in the afternoon when they are using the cafeteria as mosque. There is a mosque nearby but the Muslim kids pray in the school

School administration take part preparing the Cafeteria and making it into mosque every Friday and no one but Muslims can use the Cafeteria during the Islamic prayers on Friday.

And there are a number of other incidents involving Islam and other anti-Christian issues that I complained about, including a white convert to Islam who was a supply teacher and who openly promoted Islam and bashed Christianity last year!"

If you are questioning the validity of this source because it is a blog below is a link to a document from 2008 where the schools openly states that there will be Muslim prayer held in the school.

Document

Why is a Canadian school bringing in an Imam to lead prayer on Friday for Muslim boys while keeping all the other students out of the cafeteria at that time and in their classes? These Muslim students do not deserve any special priveleges that other students do not get. Why are Muslim boys allowed to basically conduct Mosque in the public school cafeteria?

I am not in Canada so I do not know their laws and practices and perhaps I am wrong (Canadians, correct me if I am) but no Christian or Jewish students get these same priveleges in Toronto public schools do they?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

well that's a hellofa how do you do, ain't it?

where are the atheist's on this?

i gave you a flag and you have 30 days to make good on this.

seems like they shouldn't be allowed to do this but like you said, it's canada.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Are people afraid of Muslims or what? Christian prayer groups got banned from most schools, but they cave in to Islam? Either let all faiths pray, or none at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Maybe the other folks dont want to pray. They have a whole weekend day dedicated to their prayers called sunday. If christians get sunday as a weekend then the muslims can get friday as a prayer day. Sound fair?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
i think it is called tolerance

a local initiative, a push toward local social peace through knowledge & acceptance of the other cultural differences... rather than ignorance and intolerance.

what's wrong in praying ?

are they doing any proselytism ?

i doubt so so why does it bother you ? would that be because intolerance is driving your mind ?

seriously what's wrong in praying ?

they want to pray , let them pray ! when you pray (whatever/whoever you are devoted to), it's like when you love : you don't fight, you don't harm nobody. & if you do it sincerely you're even feeding collective consciousness with pure & egoless love.

Bhakti yoga (Devanāgarī: भक्ति योग) is one of the types of yoga mentioned in Hindu philosophies which denotes the spiritual practice of fostering loving devotion (bhakti) to a personal form of God

en.wikipedia.org...

bhakti yoga is very powerful and create peace, not war.

you are creating war with that sort of thinking.
edit on 1-7-2011 by theHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

When their families moved here to the West from overseas they knew how the system was. Any immigrant with an ounce of respect for the host nation would neither expect to be treated any different than the natives nor expect their children to be treated any different. They came here knowing that we have Saturday and Sunday as our days off from work and school, this is not new to them. Any decent human being would assimilate into that rather than try and separate themselves from it.

No school in the west, unless they are strictly schools for Muslim students, should ever have special days off for any people because of their religion. 'But the Christians have it!' yeah the Christians do have a day off here and you know why? Because this is the Western world, we are a civilization built off of Christianity in all forms. If Muslims are so desperate to have a special day off I hear there are around 2 dozen or so countries that can offer them such leisure’s.
edit on 7/1/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theHairInTheSoup
i think it is called tolerance

So, you're saying you support Christians praying in school too?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Just because it is in the west does not mean that christians are the only people in the west. Muslims are a fast growing part of the USA. Perhaps even faster than any other religion in America. I do not know how it is in Kanada, yes with a K.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
see christians sundays

jews saturdays

muslims fridays

just happens to fall on a school day ?

tough luck?

yea probably there used to be sticked too ...

secondly most christian boys do not even like to pray nor see the value of it

i'm glad some people are taking the time to do this..

for what reason? meaditation of course

thats the benficiary here ... the meditation of praying directly and indirectly ... it helps clear the mind and makes for a better student.

i wonder how many christian boys or jewish boys would like this practice to be brought to there schools??

and yes if the christians or jews want there own time for same practice i don't see whats the harm ...aslong as it doesnt disturb class or school function but really who would sign up for this ? how many kids lol from all sides! Im surprised some kids actually take the time to do this ...in this day and age.. where athiesm seems to be the fad if you will

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

... and? I do not care if Muslims accounted for 50% of the population here in the West my statement still stands. The West is the cradle of Western civilization which has been built on its first Pagan, then Christian, and since the 18th century, Enlightenment roots. Why should we change anything for immigrants who came here voluntarily to our civilization? They live here it is only respectful to assimilate into the new culture which means do not try and make anyone else change their way of life just for them.
edit on 7/1/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

They are not changing anything dude. Did they make you pray?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I was not speaking of this situation specifically at that point but rather the broader issue in general. But I do foresee this moving past the current point of simply praying in a cafeteria to demanding Friday's out of school/work. Just me prediction.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
reply to post by Misoir

MOD Edit

No where in islam is child molesting taught. Dude how old are you seriously. Also could you show me where terrorism is talked about in the koran. Show me any verse in the koran that advocates the use of terrorism. Until then go back with your ignorance.
edit on 7/2/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Having them all in one place at a specific time makes them easier to... deal with.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
reply to post by Misoir

MOD Edit

here buddy this will help....

edit on 7/2/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

it's a school day!

every friday?! a holiday, i might be able to roll with.

do it after school, wth? geeze!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I'm an ex-Muslim a.k.a. Apostate. I fully understand the concept of Friday as Islam's day of congregational prayer.

I was making reference to the many cases of Christian youths trying to organize group prayers on school grounds either before school, at recess/lunch, or after school. These small prayer groups got banned at most public schools.

If Christians got rejected from having prayer groups on school grounds, so should the Muslims.
Who's to say which religion deserves special privileges while others do not?

Let all faiths pray at schools or none at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

LOL I see you've gone back to fearmongering again.

Blogpost posted as fact again people. Scared of the Muslims yet? Feel your good ol' Christian faith threatened yet? Because that is the feeling people supplying you with this stuff want you to feel, so they can in turn twist your emotions into political momentum. Don't take it from me though, go do the studies.

Seriously, you cannot be on a website that denies ignorance and have a picture of Wilders in your signature, it's just too much of an oxymoron
Not to mention it's like your coming out to the world as a Israel supporter regardless of whichever crimes are committed. Seriously, you people are just so stupid it's becoming funny. It's like your intelligence is regressing

edit on 1-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Perhaps you accidentally (although I assume intentionally) missed the document posted in the OP separate from the blog itself because I know people do not trust blogs as legitimate sources of news.

Also just because you disagree with someone else and their views does not make them ignorant, rather that makes you seem like the ignorant one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join