It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Shot Someone

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
this is the same guy that hates the royal family with a passion...

seems to me to be a little hypocritical, seeing as your an alleged member of her majesty's royal forces..

somehow.. i smell bs on this one...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Do not under any terms even think about trying to do anything for his family.Trust me that is the worst thing you could do.Do not dwell on what ifs.Ive been there.(columbia 1986)We were there to do a job,they were there to stop us,we won/ they lost.They had a choice and they chose wrong.I honor them for the sacrifice they made for their cause.Their falure is my success.Ive carried that with me for all these years and use it as strenght.Do not dig into this it will only make it worse.accept it and move on.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Axebo
reply to post by smithjustinb

So you would equate Ted Bundy with a Soldiers, Marines, Airmen or Sailors in terms of murder? What of malice? What of premeditation? What of mental illness? What of greed? What of the various degrees of murder in the American legal system, the British legal system, et al?

No, you appear to be arrogating the reference "&" sense meaning of "murder" under one category, which is a dangerous precedent should it begin to fill the minds of legislative bodies that murder resides under one and only one category, therefore its punishment is encapsulated by one rule. If this were the case, then those who killed in demonstable self-defense could be and would be labeled murderer & suffer punishment under one and only one rule for all.

Suffice it to say I don't agree with your interpretation of murder.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Axebo because: amended Airman to Airmen

Murder is murder regardless of what reason you have for murdering. However, the person who murders for fun is in worse shape than the person who murders for their country. But it's still wiping someone off of the face of the planet. Someone that could otherwise serve some purpose but is now unable to.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

seems to me to be a little hypocritical, seeing as your an alleged member of her majesty's royal forces..

I have never said I hate the royal family.

I just think they are an anachronism, and an expensive one at that.

This also didn't happen yesterday - it happened a good few years ago, and only recently have I recognised and sought counselling for PTSD.

Like I said before, it's a cathartic process, I neither want nor have asked for anyones approval.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I took you at your word in the beginning and feel you are being sincere.

I can even understand why you are not answering every question that comes your way.

But you should also know that ATS job is to ask questions and get the scoop on what happened.

If you don't want to answer questions, fine. I respect that and many others will too. But could you at least tell the story from beginning to end.

Finally, I hope you get the help you need and my prayers go out to you and your family as well as to the family of the 15 year old.

Wish the best.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
He was following protocol and an innocent got shot. That is truly a sad situation, wish i could offer comforting words but the military is about killing, period.
edit on 2-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Join big brothers, boys and girls club, or another volunteer organization that helps youth get back on track. If you are experiencing troublesome feelings about what happened you could invest in trying to save a life from violence drugs and crime in your community. Thus preventing a similar situation to yours from happening again.
Yin~Yang

peace be with you
edit on 2-7-2011 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by budski

Can't say I feel your pain cause I have never shot a person with live ammo, and hopefully, I never will have to. I have actually shot someone before during Katrina. 2 looter's tried to yank my 25 hp Johnson off my boat, they thought no one was here, at that time I thought they would enter the home, everything was crazy at that time and pitch black like the apocalypse, so I loaded my Mossberg with 4 rounds of rocksalt and went outside and yelled, '' I called the cops btchs '' and they said '' fack you '', and one ran then other got tough and was actually dumb enough to try one more time to stand there and look at me like he was Chuck Norris so I shot him in the leg then called the cops whom told me that they were lucky I was kind enough to use rocksalt. That dude screamed like a little girl.

I always take 5 shells out of each box when I purchase and make rocksalt and always have rocksalt as the first shell in so I hopefully never have to use live ammo on no one. I can see how your upset by the age, I couldn't letr it go either probably, but self preservation is more important than thinking of anyone but yourself when bullets fly.

Don't be so hard on yourself, life is raw and dark in reality we do the best we can.

link   

Originally posted by budski
It's strange, but the replies that have touched me most are the more "aggressive" ones.

They've reminded me that I'm actually still a pretty decent human being.

None of us are saints, but if you were a right bastard then you wouldn't have been bothered in the first place.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Are you SAS?

I wanted to join the Canadian Army, but couldn't.

But back to you:

From what I hear (feel free to scold me based on that), every person whose life you take, will always haunt you. The dilemma is a spiritual one.

Some people say that we're all made up of one collaborative (for lack of a better word) spirit. What you do to others will karmically pay you back in the same way you invested. This may sound trivial and unrealistic (considering your line of work) but the only way to stop the haunting -- which may be a result of your fear of the consequences for committing a spiritual crime (no matter what your religion or whether you're an atheist or agnostic) -- is to learn from your actions.

Now I'm not trying to scold you on why you got into your profession (I wanted do it too) but the way I see it, is we're here (on this planet, in this life) to learn and experience through karmic consequences which are the result of our past lives. People are killing each other left, right and centre, so what difference would it make if one more person joins the military? That was my school of thought for a while.

The guy you shot: His soul will reincarnate and whatever lesson he was here to learn, he will learn/experience again. This incident (the contact and the end result) was destined to happen. What you should be doing now, is learning from this experience spiritually and focusing on the BIG picture which is your spiritual growth.

Does that make any sense? Again, not trying to berate you or anything.

Talking about it (in detail) with someone you trust helps.

They had veg on their heads.

What do you mean by veg?

Vegetation?

my dyslexia grows with every unit of booze lol

Stop the drinking. 10 years on scotch, a DUI, and almost an ulcer: Alcohol doesn't solve a damn thing. Feels good tho

I was with a therapist yesterday who told me I should talk about it, as that apparently helps PTSD.

I don't think he meant post on a forum after consuming a bottle of wine lol

Wine?? I thought you were a male. lol j/k

###SNIP###

edit on 2-7-2011 by sumgai because: Continuity and Punctuation

edit on Sat Jul 2 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by josh2009s

In a way I agree with you but with all the youth of today playing the violent video games, they are not prepared for actually seeing another human die in real time.

That is another whole conspiracy, the violent shoot them up video games, training our youth to blast and splat.........they are being trained subconsciously to violence. This is planned I believe by unseen powers.

Please, do not bring violent video games into this. I have been playing them since I was 8. I have never been violent because of them, and I will never be violent because of them.

To the OP: I am sorry that you have to go through this. I personally have not gone through this, but I can understand how you feel. Not everyone can take a life and get over it. However, I do not expect of you to get over it. It is something that has to be lived with. Do not let his death ruin your life, and spend the rest of your life honoring that young kid. He fought for his cause, and he died for his cause. In many people's eyes, he is a hero. View him as such, even though his cause differs from your's entirely. Good luck in your future, and know that living with it, rather than against it, gets easier in time.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Just because it is government sanctioned does not make it "not murder".

He went over and invaded another country and killed a fellow human being period.

Now the definition of murder is: : the crime of unlawfully killing a person especially with malice aforethought

Just because a country endorses said murder does not make it less so than what it is - the taking of another human being's life force.

Your mindset excuses a high crime.

Nobody should be killing anybody period.

When will humanity grow up?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Holy crap, I had no idea buddy!

I don't really know what all I can say, except for damn..... That sucks...

Well, you know you can always talk to me man.

I give you a hard time, joking with you,but you are a great guy.

edit on 2-7-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

I know of plenty of people in the US, who joined the military despite hating how our government runs things..... Just saying. Not that the royal family has any real power.....But you get my drift.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
ya know OP, I hate to say it, but, I'm a combat veteran myself, and I don't see myself, or a helluva lot of other vets out there posting things like this, unless they are attention starved, have no one else to go to about this (which I highly doubt in your case) or it just did not happen. Things like this should be kept private I believe, if it did happen to you, and it was a kid like you say, well, seek help, you're going to need it, trust me. It's okay to reach out, but I only see a lot of glory hounds on the web doing this sort of thing. I'm not saying that this did not happen, I'm just pointing out a few observations, and letting my worthless opinion fly on the net.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Holy crap, I had no idea buddy!

I don't really know what all I can say, except for damn..... That sucks...

Well, you know you can always talk to me man.

I give you a hard time, joking with you,but you are a great guy.

Giving each other a hard time is whatt mates do

I've bottled this up for so many years, and it wasn't until a mutual friend recognised the symptoms of PTSD, and through that, I recognised them myself, that I sought counselling.

Part of the process is to talk about it, and get the views of others, for which ATS is a unique place - a strangers perspective can often be more valuable than that of someone close to you.

I can't change what happened or how I feel about it, but I can come to terms with it - this is part and parcel of that process.

So now you know why sometimes you don't hear from me, and why sometimes I am prone to going off the deep end.

I am not going to discuss the unit I was with.
edit on 2/7/2011 by budski because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It was a kill or be killed situation he was left with no choice, they were warned first it was not murder, he did not wake up one morning and decide i am gonna kill some kid, self defence if anything, your post is illinformed and derogatry to the individual also not very mature, sure we wish we lived in a world of peace and love with the fairys but reallity bites so get over it and yourself.

link   
Op..IF you felt your life was threatened, it was you or him, just a fact of armed conflict.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

"!5" is old,take a look around you,where you live,your country.............the world.In some places "15" is a veteran.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Not to sound cold, but a kid can kill you just as easy as an adult, why do you think the enemy uses kids? Because normal people are wired to protect kids and not expect them to carry bombs or other weapons. Your alive and that's the important thing.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join