It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On CNN a While Ago CNN Claimed Texas Has Job Growth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
While i was watching John King CNN, John King wasn't on the air, the last segment the anchorwomen had, was the claim that Texas was not effected by global recession but Texas has enjoyed great Job Growth and she went to claim that texans dont mind working, until they reach the age at 62s.

I thought that was a last minute joke story by CNN John King, and what was ironic there reporter was reporting from there own CNN HQ in Texas.

Did any fellow ATS catch that by chance?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Texas has experienced job growth, but with many flocking here due to the noted stable economy here the numbers may be a bit skewed to appear as if there has been a decline, but there sure hasnt.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Most anyone in Texas knows better than that. They are probabnly reporting news from years ago. Or trying to start their news blitz for Rick Perry to run. I don't mean to put down Texas but they have one of the worst records in the country for putting up with lying politicians and having their rights run over. If they mean anything they love to yell about how great Texas is then they need to put their actions where their mouth is.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My county is 8.5% unemployment.

Not many job openings.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
the jokes on you buddy. texas has been creating jobs and economic growth, de-regulation ftw

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My county is at a flat 6.0 unemployment, but it is a university town, and the number has only changed by 1% in the last four years.

Not too shabby I think.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
the jokes on you buddy. texas has been creating jobs and economic growth, de-regulation ftw

What Joke that texas has been creating jobs and economic growth? i find hard to believe its almost saying Ontario here in canada has been creating jobs and economic growth but in truth these jobs dont exist.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Seriously? You claim to know about the Texas economy from a Canadian perspective?
Take it from those who live here that Texas is doing GREAT, and we are thrilled that we havent had to take the brunt of this "recession" as much of the rest of the country has.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Over 25 million now, and strong!

We're certainly experiencing a ton of growth around the DFW area. Austin and Houston seem okay as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Someones gotta make up for all those welfare states.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jssaylor2007
Seriously? You claim to know about the Texas economy from a Canadian perspective?
Take it from those who live here that Texas is doing GREAT, and we are thrilled that we havent had to take the brunt of this "recession" as much of the rest of the country has.

pump jacks and jack rabbits

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm in the cotton and wind country, and thats something that makes TX a pretty solid economic state. We overall have a finger in just about every piece of business pie there is. Whether it be agriculture, computer technology, or natural resources, we have a little bit of everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The unemployment rate for texas is at 8% right? thats quite statement to claim Texas is doing well, now with the 2012 elections rick perry has been hand picked by the bilderberg group to be a Presidential Frontrunner he has a record of supporting the NAFTA north american highway, which why it explians taxes has not been hit, unless your all rich.

Most of these jobs your claiming Texas Has they are in the private sector, sector such as military, government, education, hospitals.

Most of americans cant afford such well paying quality of jobs, if they dont have an education.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My county is adding tons of jobs through drilling and manufacturing. The outlook here is great. Property values are up 10% this year as well. Still we did see a recession, but the outlook for 2012 is looking really good.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigJoninTexas
My county is adding tons of jobs through drilling and manufacturing. The outlook here is great. Property values are up 10% this year as well. Still we did see a recession, but the outlook for 2012 is looking really good.

Why dont you prove your claims before posting?

This recession is going to get alot worse, it isnt over.

Property values are up 10% this year as well.

The only who peple who can buy houses are the rich and wealthy people but poor class cant have the dream because the prices of the houses are high.

I also guess most you here who replied and believe the us economy Is doing just great dont care for the fact that not just in Texas but elsewhere in america people are Broke.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I'm a conservative buddy, not a big fan of obama or his policies. The job growth in Texas has nothing to do with Obama. It's our state and municipal taxes are friendly to businesses. Google caterpillar for your link. I also own my own manufacturing company, a liitle offended that you just labeled me as a liberal. I'm about as patriotic and buy USA as you can get. Refer to my previous posts.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Most anyone in Texas knows better than that. They are probabnly reporting news from years ago. Or trying to start their news blitz for Rick Perry to run.

Says a non-Texan

--The number is so big that it sounds like a tall tale: 48 percent of the net jobs created in the U.S. since the recovery have been in the Lone Star State.

That fact comes from the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, using non-farm payroll data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and its own analysis. From June 2009 through April 2011, the country added 496,000 jobs, and the Dallas Fed says that 237,000 of them were in Texas.

Texas may be big, but only 8 percent of the workforce lives here, so its outsize job growth is giant indeed.

The question is: Why? Some are eager to credit the state's pro-growth policies: a small government with no state income tax, no tax increases of any kind, and limits on regulations and lawsuits.

That fits a popular political narrative, especially when presidential candidates -- and the Texas governor -- are running against Washington. But the explanation is not that simple.

The state also has immense natural resources, which benefit greatly from rising energy prices and breakthroughs in natural gas production. Exports are exploding.

As for taxes, the state actually raised taxes almost 25 years ago to invest in education. Rather than hurt the state, that set the table for job expansion.

Dallas Fed President Richard Fisher has been touting Texas' job growth recently. On Friday, The Wall Street Journal's editorial page said the Texas example "is a lesson in what works in economic policy."

It attributed Texas' success to rejecting the model that prevails in Washington, described as pushing for more unions, more central planning and higher taxes. The editorial didn't mention the impact from rising energy prices.

On Monday, Fisher spoke to Diane Rehm on National Public Radio, reiterating the same themes. He acknowledged that Texas has drawbacks, including poor social services and poor results in education.

"But something is working here, and what seems to be working here is job creation," Fisher said.

Several times, he said that Texas works under the same monetary policy, interest rates, federal rules and currency as the rest of the country -- and manages to consistently create more jobs than other states.

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...
--

I don't mean to put down Texas

Yeah you do. If you did not mean to, you wouldn't.

but they have one of the worst records in the country for putting up with lying politicians

Oh really? Lies such as . . . ?

Granted, I do not like Perry, and he does have issues. But to state that Texas puts up with more lying politicians is a false opinion. If you have fact, produce it.

and having their rights run over.

Oh. Like the Gardisil fiasco? Perhaps Trans-Texas Corridor?

Maybe TSA . . . oh, that was taken care of as well.

Our state is by no means perfect, but as a whole, we are loads off better than most states in the Union.

If they mean anything they love to yell about how great Texas is then they need to put their actions where their mouth is.

Take your advice. Please provide facts instead of spouting out your arse. Deny ignorance FTW.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am seeing a lot more " Now hiring" signs than I used to... But they are all, minimum wage jobs that seem to be hiring.

For what that is worth.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by BigJoninTexas

Why dont you prove your claims before posting?

This recession is going to get alot worse, it isnt over.

Proof

How about more proof? Here ya go . . .

More Proof: This revenue estimate is based on my latest economic forecast, which indicates that the Texas economy
will grow over the next two years, but at a modest pace.

The only who peple who can buy houses are the rich and wealthy people but poor class cant have the dream because the prices of the houses are high.

BS and lies. Do your research.

--Texas housing market, economy one of the strongest in the nation

. . .

"Despite the difficulties of 2010, census figures have confirmed Texas has emerged in a stronger position than almost everywhere else in the country," said Dwight Hale, 2011 chairman of TAR. "Our homes are some of the most affordable in the country and we’re seeing job growth substantially greater than national averages, which will continue to fuel the recovery in Texas."

Link--

I also guess most you here who replied and believe the us economy Is doing just great dont care for the fact that not just in Texas but elsewhere in america people are Broke.

Actually, Texas is not broke. Please do some research. We may be down, but we sure as hell are not out.
--From June 2009 through April 2011, the country added 496,000 jobs, and the Dallas Fed says that 237,000 of them were in Texas.--

Jobs = tax income. Not quite broke, thanks.

Epic fail post there mate.

Edit: Just got a notice that you added me as a respected foe.
Pobrecito. Don't post BS, and I won't have to put you in your place

edit on 7/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thats called the free market. It sounds as if you would be in support of a welfare system in which everyone is just handed their own little house based on how needy they are, but thats not how this country works. If the only ones who can afford to get a home loan are the "rich and wealthy," then maybe its just that, they are the only ones who CAN AFFORD to buy homes. There is a rental market, and many people are perfectly happy in it. It was banks handing out money to any Joe who walked in the door that got the housing market in this mess to begin with.

If you cant afford it dont try to buy it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join