He has created one of the most prosperous and educated regions of Africa
DETROIT – About 2,000 Libyan students who attend U.S. colleges are getting a one-year reprieve in financial support after Libya resumed funding that was halted when the U.N. froze about $30 billion of that country's assets, the organization that administers the funds said.
The Canadian Bureau for International Education announced Wednesday that Libya transferred the money through its central bank to continue the Libyan-North American Scholarship Program. The funding covers tuition and monthly living allowances through May 2012 for the students and their dependents.
Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by incrediblelousminds
He is a bigger hero than you or me or skrazy or whatever that french presidents name is. This is the current state of africa under his rule:
* GDP per capita - $ 14,192.
* Unemployment benefit - $ 730.
* Each family member subsidized by the state gets annually $ 1.000
* Salary for nurses - $ 1.000.
* For every newborn is paid $ 7.000.
* The bride and groom receive a $ 64 thousand to purchase flats.
* Major taxes and levies prohibited.
* To open a personal business a one-time financial assistance of $ 20.000
* Education and medicine are free.
* Educ.Internships abroad - at government expense.
* Stores for large families with symbolic prices for basic foodstuffs.
* Part of pharmacies - with free dispensing.
* Loans for buying a car and an apartment - no interest.
* Real estate services are prohibited.,
* Buying a car up to 50% paid by the State.
* No Payment for electricity for the population.
* Sales and use of alcohol is prohibited.
* Petrol is cheaper than water. 1 liter of gasoline - $ 0.14.
Has skarzy ever done anything remotely comparable?
The Western Half of the Country consists of about 70-80% of the Libyan population (So the U.S ,Nato Led rebels are the Minority) The U.S and Israel and NATO (North Atlantic Terrorist Organization) are terrorist Organizations they are trying to have a coup'detat against a leader that has brought much prosperity to the Libyan people.
Originally posted by Dr Expired
I am too ill informed of the facts on Libya to form an educated opinion on this matter ....but if you have the sneaky ability to lay out a big guy when you are small, you don.t broadcast your intentions?
It sounds like bull and bluster.
Originally posted by Danbones
just watching webster tarply live frrom Libya
between a half million and a million people are demonstrating in favour for the defence of gahdaffi and libya
they are all armed and the women are right out there armed too
Originally posted by Bilder
Gaddafi seems to have the backing of his people and his nation is under attack so anything NATO nations get they deserve like every western nation the people need to stand up to their corrupt leaders
Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
It's an interesting phenomena on ATS that people decide that Gadaffi is some kind of saint, because he finds himself at odds with Western Powers.
Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by Samuelis
They want Gadaffi Dead but he did nothing compared to Syria and they haven't even taken action against Syria
The U.S is extremely hypocritical
I suspect you mean NATO, and not the US, right?
Are you saying, then, you think NATO should attack Syria?
I hope Gadaffi gets his payback
So you're rooting for Gadaffi? Even as he murders his own population? I dont support this NATO action. But to claim Gadaffi is innocent is odd.