It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM's War on Ron Paul Continues - DEACE: Stoner Obsession Derailing Paul’s Message In Iowa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I Have ZERO Idea Who I Am Voting For In 2012 And Am Not Attempting A PRO-Ron Paul Thread.

I Would Like To Hear From The Candidates And Vote My Mind, Even Though It Seems That The MSM And Even OBAMA Himself Already Have BHO As A Shoo-In For POTUS 2012.I Got Five-And-A-Half Years More To Go

HOWEVER, If Ron Paul Is Such A Joke Of A Presidential Candidate:

#1. Why So Many Hit Pieces Against His Every Word Or Worse The MSM's Misrepresentation Of His Words? Media Distorts Facts on Paul, Huntsman and Afghan War

#2. Why Do The MSM Always Misrepresent The General Public's Support For Ron Paul? Ron Paul Leads Pawlenty, Huntsman in Fundraising

#3. Are Misrepresented Opinion Blogs Like The WASHINGTON TIMES Opinion Piece Below Really Just To Sell Newspapers? Seriously, If NOBODY Cares About Him Then Why Would Media/Advert Buyer Think Anybody Would Read Anything About Him? i.e. Spending Limited Advertising Dollars Unwisely!

DEACE: Stoner Obsession Derailing Paul’s Message In Iowa

Other than Sarah Palin, no national figure in the Republican Party causes more heartburn and head-scratching than Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

Case in point: If you’re running for the Republican nomination for president of the United States, you probably don’t need to make any headlines about partnering with uberleftist Rep. Barney Frank on legislation. But that’s just what Mr. Paul did recently, side-saddling next to Mr. Frank over the legalization of marijuana.

Every paragraph the writer wrote mocks Ron Paul by selectively picking vague MSM representations and then attacking. WHY???

I could attach hundreds of such articles but what drew me to this particular article is that it included a picture of Ron Paul as The ZIG ZAG Guy One A Pack Of Zig Zag Rolling Papers.

Sorry, having problems logging into my ATS Media PICTURES so I am unable to embed the actual artwork. Please see the ARTWORK in the "DEACE" Link.

I Am Not A Ron Paul Supporter Until Ron Paul Wins Me As A Supporter, OR Any Candidate For That Matter. I Guess I Just Would Like The Opportunity To Be Swayed Honestly By ALL The Candidates.

Oops! I Just Used The Word "HONESTLY" In A - ATS U.S. Political Madness FORUM THREAD.
Maybe ATS Owner's Should Add A "DELUSIONAL" FORUM THREAD Option.

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
seems like a disinfo campaign to attempt to keep Paul from the presidency to me...

Paul doesn't support the major players agenda's so I'm sure they'll do anything to keep him from becoming president plain and simple...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Reminds me of the conversation my wife and I just had. She said "Hey, Ron Paul just won the latest straw poll" and I replied "Yeah, he wins every GOP poll that includes humans picking a candidate". The only people who disagree are the media... who, ironically are the ones who are supposed to "inform" us.

The media and both parties are scared to death of him. MSM are afraid to tell us that we like him. It's insane.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think the reason for the hate is because he is the only politician that isn't a complete scumbag. He's not bought and paid for by the corporations.
It's actually probably a good thing that he has the "stoner" vote. That's more than 10% of the population, not counting those in jail.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I like Paul

but TPTB will never allow him to be
president by hook or crook I'm afraid.

I like the fact that Paul will rescind the Patriot Act
and send DHS to the unemployment line.

But I don't like his ending Social Security and
not compensating all of us folks who have
contributed for the past 30-40 yrs. That's
nothing but strong arm robbery.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
In my opinion, you should never let a candidate win you over based on what they say along the campaign trail. The only surefire way to vote is to dig and research the candidate's background, especially any previous offices that were held. Look at how they voted, and more importantly, their consistency. That is why I will vote for Ron Paul.

It is sad, the portrayal of Paul in this way, and I hope that the majority can see through ruses like this. But they won't. *shakes head*

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I like Paul

All Respect Boon...

But You Just Did The Exact Same Thing The MSM Is Doing.

Mr. Ron Paul Has Spoken Of The Social Security Issue, But By NO Means Is That His Final Stand.

Point-In-Turn - How Many Campaign Promises Has Obama Fulfilled? ANY?

Do Your Words Mean That If The Candidate Is Not 100% Within Your Beliefs You Will Not Support OR If It Is A Point-Of-Issue That You Feel Truly Adamant About You Withhold Your Support.

I Would Respect Your Vote Decision Regardless, But I Think It In Everybody's Best Interest To Wait And See If The Candidate Is Unwavering In Their Beliefs And Not Just Bringing Up Talking-Points In The Hope Of A Better Future.

Thanks For Everybody's Comments So Far.

t

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
ron paul will put a stop to the gravey train that so many politicians and corporate executives have been filling up there bellys with..........

why would those politicians and corporate intrests want the gravey train to stop ?

do you understand they like sucking and sucking from the tax payer and ron paul would put and end to that

is the answer not obvious why the MSM tries to detrail Ron Paul ?

Is this news ? did you just wake up under a rock or something?

These are old tricks to keep the man away lol

the man represents the people not the dollar there is no room for that in corrupt congress or POTUS

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think they are afraid. I think Ron Paul has more supporters then any
other candidate - by a long shot. And they're doing whatever it takes to
cover it up. They do not want that man elected because they know if
he is it's over for them. He'll shine a light on all their misdeeds.
They will do absolutely whatever it takes to keep him from being elected.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Is This Your Open Ended Offer To Stand Up And Fight This Madness As Our New Fearless Leader?
Just Kidding Of Course! No Waves;~(

I Found The Depiction Of Ron Paul As The ZIG ZAG Man As Offensive As The Obama's As Monkeys.

The Difference Is The MSM Was Up In Arms Over The Many Obama Offenses But It Is From The MSM That The Inappropriate Ron Paul Offense Originated.

Double Standards Never End Well.

t

PS I Think I Just Offended Myself Typing A Sentence Using The Word "AS" Four Times.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

i have no clue what your trying to say in your post . If you would kind sir , rephrase it

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I like Paul

Ron Paul wants to turn this country back around towards freedom and economic prosperity and wants the Constitution followed under Original Intent.

Ron Paul wants to end all these un-Constitutional wars and use some of the money saved there to shore up Social Security/Medicare/welfare, etc. He wants to SLOWLY change Social Security, allowing the younger generation to opt out...this would not affect those already on it. I know he wants to SLOWLY raise the age, and I don't have all the particulars, but he cares about this Country and We the People and wants to make things as painless as possible. You do know, as a President who believes in following the Constitution, there are only certain changes he can actually make without Congressional approval, right? As Commander-in-Chief, he can end these wars, though. He can apply some pressure, however.

The creative energy that would come into being should we actually get this man into office would change our whole planet! Big pharma would lose it's power; natural solutions would no longer be suppressed plus unknown solutions could come to fruition. Our overall health would improve.

Auditing, then eventually Ending the Fed and doing away with the income tax would give people more money that they could save themselves--perhaps enough to make Social Security a non-issue, eh? He thinks waiters(resses)/manicurists/taxi drivers, etc. should not be taxed on their tips.

He also thinks OUR borders should be protected instead of the borders between Afghanistan/Pakistan. He's anti-illegal immigration. He's pro-life. He predicted this financial mess and has solutions.

As far as the drug issue goes, he wants it in the states' hands. If your state doesn't allow it, and you want to do it, move to a state that allows it. Drugs were legal in the US until the late 30's.Also, hemp can be used for clothing, rope, fuel, food and even to make cars. We could certainly use those hemp jobs!! Here's a neat short video of Ford's hemp car, and it IS strong:
www.youtube.com...

In addition, the War on Drugs is a huge fail! Portugal decriminalized drugs and it was a HUGE SUCCESS:

The Cato paper reports that between 2001 and 2006 in Portugal, rates of lifetime use of any illegal drug among seventh through ninth graders fell from 14.1% to 10.6%; drug use in older teens also declined. Lifetime heroin use among 16-to-18-year-olds fell from 2.5% to 1.8% (although there was a slight increase in marijuana use in that age group). New HIV infections in drug users fell by 17% between 1999 and 2003, and deaths related to heroin and similar drugs were cut by more than half. In addition, the number of people on methadone and buprenorphine treatment for drug addiction rose to 14,877 from 6,040, after decriminalization, and money saved on enforcement allowed for increased funding of drug-free treatment as well.
Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have trouble editing my posts, so instead I'll just make a new comment:

I forgot to add that "they" are most definitely afraid of Ron Paul because the status quo WOULD change. Yesterday, I saw the article cited by OP; I signed up, made a comment, it's still not there--moderator-approval required. It sickens me!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

I Was Just Attempting Make A Light-Hearted Stab At Your Complacent Demeanor Insinuating A Business As Usual Mentality In Your Original Post.

Sorry You Do Not Have A Sense Of Humor...Good Luck With That...Kind Sir

To Answer Your Questions:

did you just wake up under a rock or something? (sic)

-- NO!

Is this news ? (sic)

Only If You Love Your Country, Livelihood, Freedom & Security

t

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Before I even get into the problems associated with Ron Paul's stance on alot of the issues and how they would hurt the country i'll bring this up.

He's running for national office and anyone doing so will be attacked and discredited by the opposing side. This is not new and will happen to all the candidates in one form or another. Ron Paul stands out because his stances on the issues are so absurd he makes it very easy.

Obama will take it from the right, Bachmann or Romney will take it from the left and poor little Newt already got his fair share too.

What amazes me is the absolute whining that Paul supporters do everytime someone gives him a bad time. Like he should be the exception and everyone in politics should be nice. If he can't take it then get out of the race but to be fair I haven't heard him complain it's just the people who make posts like this.

I think Paul has some of the most spineless supporters out of anyone. You don't see Romney fans saying "oh they are being so unfair to my candidate it's a conspiracy", really guys toughen up a bit.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

i have no clue what your trying to say in your post .

If you would kind sir , rephrase it

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
reply to post by kro32

i have no clue what your trying to say in your post .

If you would kind sir , rephrase it

Very well. Ron Paul is being attacked because he is running for national office. All candidates will receive the same treatment. Whover get's the republican ticket is going to go through far worse than Paul is at the moment.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

"Sorry You Do Not Have A Sense Of Humor...Good Luck With That...Kind Sir "

it wasn't even funny ........

just becauce one does not laugh means he does not hold a sense of humor? The sheer audacity!

oh thanks for the luck champ!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

A quick and simple answer is the Federal Reserve 100 year charter will not be renewed if Paul is elected. Ron Paul would prove the corruption and expose the IMF plans and NWO. Being president the MSM would not be able to block him out of the news and people would listen to him and understand how they are being robbed.

Ron Pauls support would come from both sides and would have a good chance to become president if he can secure the republican nomination. Thats why I think it was a blunder that paul did the marijuna thing early... but it should be legal anyway.

edit - watch the CNN republican debate almost every question he fields he comes back to the FED Reserve.
edit on 1-7-2011 by mpacc because: more

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

"Sorry You Do Not Have A Sense Of Humor...Good Luck With That...Kind Sir "

it wasn't even funny ........

just becauce one does not laugh means he does not hold a sense of humor? The sheer audacity!

oh thanks for the luck champ!

But, I Am Laughing At You

This Thread Is Not About You...Unless...Ron? Is That You? You Better Lighten Up Before You Attempt To Get My Vote.

No Humor, But You Are Still Great at Killing Threads. Congrats

Seriously, I Agree With Your Overview. Does Not Mean I Have To Just Accept.

Again, IMO You May Need The Luck If You Stay Complacent. You May Want To Read The OP Again, It Is About Hearing From The Candidates...

Regards,

t

top topics

<<   2 >>

join