It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a prediction, just wanted to share the strange successions of dreams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Last night I had a very strange dream succession. It is really hard to explain, I thought I woke up several times, at least 5 times. I was only able to get a few down on paper before they slipped from my mind. I am just starting a dream journal, to try to recall my dreams regularly. I know one of the ones that slipped away from my mind was all my dead pets chasing me as zombies. A bunch of cats and 2 dogs. I don't think any of the fish were there flopping around after me.

Ok here is what I remember:
I am at my computer working on my latest painting, and I hear a few muffled footsteps behind me. I look over my shoulder and there is a funny looking old guy there. He is kind of short, white hair, like the stereoypical wacky scientist type. He has small round glasses on, he has a playful look on his face. I spin my chair around and jump up.

"Who are you?" I ask the funny man. His smile widens, and he starts dancing and prancing around.

"I was a pile of clothes!" He replies is a singsongy type voice, and with that he morphs into a pile of clothes and then back to original old man shape. It happens fast.

"I am you, you are me, we can be whatever we want to be!" He sings, and indeed he does morph into a lookalike of me. He grabs my hands, trying to get me to dance and prance around too. Then behind him, some evil looking lady and man jump out of the closet. They grab the guy and start beating him up, shoving him into a large olive drab green duffelbag and run into the closet.

I try to run after them, but they just vanished. Then I thought I wake up. I had fallen asleep in my chair apparently, get up and stretch. I open a word document to write down the odd dream, and the screen doesn't look right now. I realized I must still be dreaming, or someone slipped some drugs into my drink or something. I did what seemed logical at the time, jumped into my bed to wake up.

And I thought I did. I get out of bed, and someone is knocking on the door downside. It is kind of annoying, I don't want these strange dreams to slip from my head. I go down and answer it. Some man I don't know,

"Hey remember me? We met at the club the other night." He said as he steps into the door.

"No sorry, I don't remember" I replied. He puts his briefcase on the table and opens it up. He hands some really strange pictures to me.

"You wanted me to come by and show you some of what my printing press can do, well here they are. Do you want to come check it out?"

"Sure, why not." So he puts his pictures back in the briefcase, and we head out the front door. We walk a little ways down the road, and come to a white raised ranch type house. There are two kids in front riding around on strange little scooters. They jump off the scooters and run into the front door. I follow them in, it looks normal at first, then as I walk farther in it becomes very ugly.

Dirty, some of the room flooded, walls have rips and cracks. I turn around, and see one of the little kids sitting on a table with a lady in front of the table. She smiles at me, I notice the boy has a few large porcupine quills sticking out of his chest. I assume the lady is getting ready to pull them out, but the takes another out of the bowl and sticks it in. He doesn't flinch or make a noise.

I look to the left of the boy and there is a white cat, stuck full of porcupine quills too. At this point I am starting to panic, like what the hell is going on. An ugly man comes around the corner, he has a cigarette. He burns the cat with it, then turns to the boy and puts it out on his shoulder.

Now I am outta there, I run towards the front door again, there are two huge mutilated cats by the front door, I trip on them and fall out the door onto the front porch. I roll onto my back to see the ugly man swinging a shovel down at my head, I put up my hands to block it. Then I really wake up, almost. I look at the desk fan on my dresser, and it morphs into a pig head for like 5 seconds. Then everything is normal, and I know for sure I am really awake. My hand is all numb and tingly, I guess I must have had it under my pillow and was sleeping on it. I immediately grab my journal and write down as much as I can remember.

One hell of a first entry wow! I had fallen asleep around 5 AM, and it was now almost 5 PM.
edit on Fri, 01 Jul 2011 19:05:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

This is interesting... Never do I have such clear dreams that aren't completely random.

Our of curiosity, what kind of tv/movies do you watch?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theloanshark

I really don't watch much TV at all. I don't own a TV, I do download and watch trueblood, and game of thrones. I spend a majority of my free time working on artwork of some kind or other.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

So your dreams have little outside influence...

Strange, the human mind.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Are you sure your awake now? Do you see any more pig heads around? haha

Nice dream.
edit on 1-7-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Sometimes I wonder if I am ever really awake, especially on my zombie insomnia stretches.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Just saw a show about sleep that was interesting.
5 times a night we go through a 90 minute cycle which starts with layers of deepening relaxation which leads to REM sleep (and dreams) and then you drift out of it.
What is funny about REM sleep is the rapid eye movements (they ARE rapid, we are looking very fast all over the place) and this is combined with a muscle state of total relaxation, so that you could not do anything during that period if you wanted to. Said this is a protective thing the body is doing.
I don't know how people walk in their sleep then?

We sort things out during REM sleep and those dreams.
We are trying to make sense of real life.
So you might be trying to make sense of something that happened and likely you are trying to make sense of more than one thing.

Who knows?

I have more questions than answers from that program, to tell the truth.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
A lot of cultures give a lot of credence to the power of dreams. It is said that certain hallucination inducing ceremonies, such as eating certain cacti, and sweat lodges are used because it is easier to do than remembering dreams fully. I am hoping to not only learn to remember mine, but to be able to control them someday. Should be an interesting path I hope

join