It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brando: Songs My Mother Taught Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a long time ago i bought a book, a biography of marlon brando. he wrote it with a female writer. i read it and i loved it. while he did discuss his career the book revealed more about him as a person than him as an actor. his open confessions of anger control problems and a broken family to his personal short comings show an emotional feeling man. he also shows a side one seldom sees from hollywood, honesty, about himself and his life. he is almost philisophical in some points and hits home in what he says about human nature and how we act. he conveys frustration anger disappointed with himself and the world around him. while not being overly dour he presents a side of a person one seldom sees or is allowed to show, the faults and failures. the media has portrayed many times as an eccentric man, maybe even crazy. from talk about his kids to his financial failings, he was drawn through the media clothes wringer without mercy. he was a man and never pretended to be otherwise. he had problems and they troubled him greatly through most of his life. the commentary he makes on his career is humble at best and overly critical at worst. he pulled no punches in commenting on those he worked with met from james dean to marilyn monroe. he had a hatred for unformity and lived his life his way by his own rules. he also had a sense of humor that was unusual and certain passages make you laugh loudly without thinking about it.

this book is an excellent read and i strongly recommend you read it. the book presents him in a way the media and hollywood never did. brando is perhaps one of the most legendary and yet probably the most misunderstood actor that ever existed. while i have been a fan of his the book made me like him more than his roles ever could.

new topics

join