It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it you are truly fighting for or against?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Agreed that is the way it is. But I seriously doubt you can recite all the laws from your City much less all of them from your, County, District,State, and federal. This is my point. With a single set of unchanging laws one can know them all.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Even if I could recite them, I wouldn't understand most of them. Lawyers and politicians speak their own language. That is a problem in itself. We let it go from simple, understandable, and logical rules, to the overblown monstrosity it has become today. Well not we, but our ancestors. Where is marty mcfly when you need him?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by IPILYA

Cockroaches. You said

If "an entire species not competing" was a viable strategy, I would expect to see that reflected somewhere in nature, and.................I dont.

But all cockroaches of one type all around the world do not have one leader. They arent one "group." In fact they really arent considered social insects at all. (Like ants and bees for instance) So they arent examples of organisms not in competition, they are competing as far as we can tell on the individual level, and not even cooperating on a group level.

www.bio.umass.edu...

Q55: Justin Winstead asks:
I had a debate with my brother and his wife over whether or not cockroaches live in organized groups. I said that they do live in organized groups and they acted like I was crazy. Can you set us straight please?

A: Justin, Social structure in the cockroach pest species is next to invisible. However there are a few indications of group organization. Most such behavior would not be considered social:

I was referring to the fact that they do not compete amongst each other, there is no conflict(as far as I know). they may not build single nests, but a multitude of them, living in harmony as individuals. There is no war for dominance of a dirty house they peacefully coexist, if they over populate they simply move on as individuals in search of the "Land of Utopia". If they can live in this "respect", then so should we, have the ability to do so. I do see your point in that they do not form individual communities except in nesting.

You made good points on the rest, Thank You.
edit on 1-7-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Anyone who has an idea that would help the people of the world to realize equality, under the same rights, and to treat each other with the respect that comes with it, I am always ready to consider it.

When the world gets together and puts the best heads and hearts it has together on a matter it does alright. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights www.un.org... is setting a high standard for equality. While the implementation of this document is a bit hit and miss around the world, it does provide something to aim for that is globally applicable, accepted by international law and has a realistic target for a basic standard of the human condition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join