It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The £45 painting that could be a long-lost £120m Leonardo worth £120million

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Something I picked up on at first glance. Jordan Maxwell links Leonardo to secrets of Astro-theology in "The Last Supper" Here

In this painting I noticed in the globe the is a cross and what looks like the night sky
Here

Sorry I have not figured out how to embed things yet.
edit on 1-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You know what, ....

In my opinion, this is just another artists depictions of Jesus,..

He (Leonardo Da Vinci, ) never saw him in real life, or knew what he looked like, so his paintings are all just an artists imagination.

It seems like just because an artist is a great artist, and he paints a powerful/ religious painting, people always seem to think he "KNEW" something and there's some other meaning to the picture that's a huge mystery.

If you ask me, Leonardo didn't know Jesus any more than you or me and this is simply a "PAINTING"!

Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Where did you see anything about Da Vinci knowing Jesus?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
Something I picked up on at first glance. Jordan Maxwell links Leonardo to secrets of Astro-theology in "The Last Supper" Here

In this painting I noticed in the globe the is a cross and what looks like the night sky
Here

Sorry I have not figured out how to embed things yet.
edit on 1-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

I agree with you. I was looking at the tunic and robe of the Salvator Mundi thinking I'd seen that same "outfit" before. And yes,"Jesus" iswearing the same blue over red in the Last Supper. My bet is that there is a companion piece to the Salvator Mundi showing Mary (Magdelene) in a blue tunic with a red sash over it.
edit on 2-7-2011 by missvicky because: tpo......tyo.....typo

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Can anyone do a good closeup of the globe? Looks like an even armed cross is layered over a reflection.........if anyone could paint in reverse it would be DaVinci!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Looks very feminine to me. Notice, no chest hair. Very smooth hands, v shape on the chest of the robes that would have accentuated the breasts.

Also not convinced its da Vinci, doesn't seem as detailed as ML and many of his other works. If it is da Vinci work then it must be an early piece.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Nice find!
An awesome piece of art whether from Da Vinci or not.

edit on 2/7/2011 by Hazz-14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

naw, it's in the eyes.

this is not da vinci.

this is sooooooo mainstream eyes, look at all the rest.

forgery. only lenny can paint them eyes like he does.

i am NOT an international expert on da vinci!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
From the comments on the original Daily Mail site :

I am not an art expert but there is one thing about this painting that leaves doubt in my mind that it is a Da Vinci. I may not have seen all of his paintings but I know most and those I haven't are not in public view. The reason I say this is that I have never seen any painting where Da Vinci painted eyes the same as in this painting. I will not say at this time what I see but encourage others to closely look and see if they see something different also. Later I will say what I see.

I have to agree with the posters comments.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I thought the eyes were a bit squiffy too last night. The subjects right eye seems to look off to the right marginally and the left seems to look straight forward. As I said I am not particularly knowledgeable about art but I still think it is a DaVinci, just my gut first impression - but heyho been wrong about a lot of things a bundle before

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is a joke, right?!

Has any of you played Assassins Creed 1, 2 or Assassins Creed Brotherhood where you are an assassin who assassinates Templars before and during their takeover of Europe?
In the 2nd installment of Assassins Creed, you play by an assassin named Ezio Auditore. Da Vinci is a friend of yours who is also opposed to the Templars takeover of Italy.

The history of the Assassins/Templars is basically about an alien race who visited earth a long long long time ago who also left these artifacts all around the world called "pieces of eden".
The Pieces of Eden were technologically advanced pieces of equipment created by the First Civilization; each possessed unique properties, and all were known to be capable of bending the thoughts of one or more individuals to the will of the user.
According to the story, these pieces have been used by different humans throughout the years for different reasons, including by Jesus Christ.
The Templars want to use these pieces of Eden to control and enslave humanity and the assassins fight for the freedom of mankind. But what intrigues me the most is that according to the game-story, these pieces of Eden have been used by different people (Including Jesus Christ) throughout the years for different reasons. One of the artifacts (The only one that the assassins capture and that Leonardo Da Vinci examines) called The Apple Of Eden which is also made up of some glass-like material.
Here are Ezio and Da Vinci looking at the Apple in game:

Video

Picture

IT--
edit on 2-7-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I loved the story in the second one.

Holding the Golden Apple and using it to instantly kill lots of templars was excellent

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Has anyone read Knights Templar Revisited? I doubt that Leonardo would've supported assasinating Templars. But the "coincidence" of the game and this painting is very interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

I'm a little skeptic on these paintings said to be originals from Artists many years ago because they can quite easily be paintings by some great Artist out there today and then any signature re-worked by a Signature expert!!

The canvas or cloth can quite easily be made to look old!!

In fact i reckon a lot of these paintings sold at Auction aren't originals at all and the people buying them are paying for something worth $20!!

And i agree with one other poster.... the person in this painting looks mre like a Female than a Male or possible Transvestite/Transexual
edit on 4-7-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It was painted on wood that was dated to the time period.

It is also common in many painting of the time for the men to have feminine features good example is a known DaVinci's "The Last Supper" but even look at other artists work in that period and it is common.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join