It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something fell from the sky and damaged my car!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
My daughter and I were driving home on the expressway a little while ago and all of a sudden we heard a really *loud* BAM on the roof of the car. The first thought that came to mind was another car or truck had kicked up a rock but there was no one in front, behind, or to the side of me as far as I could see. I didn't see a rock or anything similar. I've been hit by rocks that either fell off trucks or were kicked up and I could see the rock fall after it hit my car, but I didn't see or even hear a rock after it hit.

When I got home, I checked the roof and I was surprised to see two areas that were damaged. What the heck could it have been? I'm sure it came from straight above and hit the roof first, and then the windshield. Whatever it was, it hit hard!

I have no idea what it could have been.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/571cbe52ed74.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea842993ed77.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3e155233ca9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
it doesn't seem to have fallen but rather had a trajectory from North to South based on the imprint it has left. North being the front of the vehicle and south being the rear.

edit: perhaps a football, were you driving past local sports arena's
edit on 1-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Maybe something from an airplane's porta potty?
That is the only thing I could think of.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Did you drive under any bridges or walks? People sometimes throw items off these structures and hit cars below. If you think think that may be the case then I suggest filing a police report. You are extremely lucky.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Too bad you can't go back to the location that it happened. Sure seems that if it left a dent that size, whatever hit it may still be laying near the area.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I was going to say a bird but I didn't see anything that would suggest that. Maybe a baseball or like above poster said a football.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I don't see any scratches in the paint, so that leads me to believe that the object was soft, but weighty.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I meant to mention in my post that we didn't go under a bridge at all. We were on the expressway, and no football fields that I know of. I didn't see anything fall from my car after it hit. It was so loud, I was seriously thinking of pulling over right then to check the damage, but I just wanted to get home.

At the time, it didn't even occur to me to look in the sky for a plane, so I didn't notice. Hubby hasn't seen the photo's yet, but he suggested a bird also. Although, I didn't see a bird come off the windshield and didn't hear or see anything fly off towards the back.
edit on 1-7-2011 by virraszto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would of stopped the car immediately, got out and looked around to see what may have hit the car. That's a big dent.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Obama's Birth Certificate?

That's going to land hard when it finally does.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Where are you located? It has hailed badly here in Northwest Indiana.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It is a beautiful sunny day 87 degrees today. No rain, no hail. I went out to see if there was any blood from a bird, but didn't see any. I just had an idea that it might have been from a golf ball. I'm going to see if there are any gold courses along the express way.

Edit: There is a golf course along the expressway! I bet it was a golf ball!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
to me it looks like some sort of can struck it and bounced of.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Obviously, this made quite a loud sound. Since there were no cars "in front, behind, or to the side of you as far as you could see," then why didn't you stop and look?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
not sure if that would be a golf but could you give us the radius of the imprint please

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Being a golfer myself, I have seen a golf ball to incredible damage to a vehicle. So, I think what you have here is damage from a golf ball, good call!

A small golf ball can and will make a large dent like you have there.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I didn't stop to look because we were on the way home from dropping my other daughter off. The drive there should have only been 1 1/2 hrs. but because there was an accident going north ( on the way) we were in bumper to bumper traffic for miles and what should have been 1 1/2 hr drive there turned into a 3 hr drive. We were on the way home and were looking at the other 1 1/2 hr drive home. We were tired.

I found several golf courses along the way, two that stand out, and each on either side of the expressway. I have no idea how far a golf ball can travel with enough speed to make damage, but if I post the map could someone take a look?

I will take more photos of the car with a yardstick and post them soon.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

There have been a few cases of these unknown what they are orbs creating a dent or two. Just thought I would throw this out for your hand on chin and scratch behind the ear attention.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Golf balls can do some serious damage. That is crazy if that is a golf ball. I am from Iowa, the first thing I thought of was a large bird. A turkey can pretty much ruin your weekend if you slam into one. I am going to say that a golf ball is the likely culprit. I hope you have a cheap deductible.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
reply to post by cerebralassassins

There have been a few cases of these unknown what they are orbs creating a dent or two. Just thought I would throw this out for your hand on chin and scratch behind the ear attention.

i understand what you are telling me, its just that i would like to know the radius of the imprint to work out velocity and mass to see if the golf ball theory might or could be applied. In any case if that was truly a golf ball then she is one very very lucky person for if it had impacted through the windscreen the results could have been fatal.
edit on 1-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join