It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama orders air strikes in Somalia... War number 6...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I can't beleive I'm about to say this considering there isn't much I do agree with Obama on, but good! Somalia is a country-sized version of Detroit, except it is strategically placed. Could you imagine the devastation that Al-Queda and Somali Pirates could invoke?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What astounds me is that, suddenly, people act surprised and get all up in arms. Where were you during the Bush years? Oh. NM. He hates gays and abortion so it's OK.

We've been pulling this since the end of WWII. Why do most of you not have the least little understanding of our history? Self inflicted ignorance. And THAT is why we are in the mess we are in ... 60 years of jingoistic nonsense.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I hope you all understand this...your names are written on every bullet and bombed dropped. Make NO mistake about this...the POTUS is YOUR representative. Whatever he does is directly linked to you. Every civilian he kills, with his orders, you kill, as well! And, for those of you that have voted for these warmongering presidents, your vote gave him that authority! You may not have pulled the trigger...but you supplied the ammo. Stop blaming others for what YOU are doing. It's getting rather pathetic!
Man up and do something about it...even if it means quitting the job that supplies the money needed to build their toys of destruction. Take a long, hard look in the mirror....America/Americans....YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! And this problem started...the moment your ancestors stepped foot on the land. Your ancestors killed off the indians or forced them onto dry, barren land...and the same BS continues...hundreds of years later.

I wonder how you would feel, if the Middle East, as a whole, decided to carpet bomb your land. Would you or could you blame them? They just want to live their lives....thousands of miles away from yours, in peace. So, why aren't they afforded the opportunity? So you can drive your gas guzzling SUV's, filled with their oil?

America has a habit of TAKING that which does not belong to her.

And for those of you that may try to bash me, for what i've said...i'll say this: I believed in my country, USA, and even served in her armed forces (when i was young and naive). I made a vow to fight enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. You have a domestic enemy that needs to be taken care of...and if you dont take care of it soon, someone else will take care of it for you...and you'll be the "innocent" slained! Keep poking the bear, but it's NOT adviseable!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MortlitantiFMMJ

Iraq and Afghanistan have been ongoing
Libya is a UN mandated no fly zone
Yemen is done with the support of the Yemenese government
Somalia hasn't had a functioning government since the civil war
And there is no war with Pakistan

Obama campaigned on the position of ending the war in Iraq.
Libya? You mean the thing that started on March 19 just like Iraq? (no coincidence)
I wonder how much the CIA had to do with encouraging that lack of functioning government.
While we are not at war with Pakistan there have been drone strikes within the border. Plus, we weren't technically at war with Laos or Cambodia during Vietnam either but that didn't stop us from bombing and conducting missions within those countries.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
War 6 and more no bid contracts to Haliburton, not to mention the damage done to the economy.............he makes Bush Jr. look good about now. Ah well, the dumbmasses will vote for him again and pull the race/blame card some more.

Really? I though only Bush and conservatives gave contracts to Halliburton because Cheney had his fingers in the pie. Hmm, I'd like for the left wing whack jobs to explain this one. I'm sure they'll all jump right in and explain everything.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Can't imagine why these areas are of so much interest,,,,
alQaeda???? oil???? Come on man....

I wont tell if you don't

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Good job nobel peace prize winner Obama.

- Iraq
- Afghanistan
- Libya
- Yemen
- Pakistan

It's a shame you never actual read or listened to the speech he gave when he accepted that award that he in no way really felt like he deserved. It was quite explicit in its endorsement of these very same military actions in the name of 'peace'.

So, no contradiction if you are actually paying attention.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people reference his receiving the NPP as evidence of him being some sort of peacenik. Go ahead, read it:

one tiny, tine peace of his notably not anti-war speech:

I do not bring with me today a definitive solution to the problems of war. What I do know is that meeting these challenges will require the same vision, hard work, and persistence of those men and women who acted so boldly decades ago. And it will require us to think in new ways about the notions of just war and the imperatives of a just peace.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
funny %¨%# terrorists are EVERYWHERE, well, now u know why the US did 911, they had to kill a few terrorists in the pentagon and WTC

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I found this on a game forum that I played call Civilization 5. It had me cracking me up.

Jul 02, 2011, 07:18 PM
ButSam
Prince

Civ V lacking in modern era
I've found one major way Civ V is lacking in the modern era. I can't believe the developers did this.

I took a bomber and told it to bomb the AI's city. It told me that is a declaration of war! I thought as long as it was just bombing it wasn't war? So confused now!

There should be a social policy that can be adopted or something...

(OK, back to the game; happy civVing, all!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I'm fed up with this clown...I never hoped for failure before. I do now. Hope he fails MISERABLY.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
Can't imagine why these areas are of so much interest,,,,
alQaeda???? oil???? Come on man....

I wont tell if you don't

Oil is part of it. But how about this scenario. There are other countries in the world (China, Russia, North Korea and Venezuala) That have something vested in the Middle East. Tin Hat Moment. The start of WW3. You keep sticking your finger in the nest your gonna piss off at least one hornet and wake up the whole hive. I'm just sayin.

This is really about the Isolation of the countries listed above. Take their oil control their Country. All of those countries have warned the U.S. to stay out of certain countries in the Middle East.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Master_007

Maybe it'll give the economy a boost.....?

Exactly. Wars make money. That's one way the U.S. overcame the depression. Make a war, Make some money.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Has Obama come to destroy the USA along with a few other countries on the way? What is his real agenda?

One world Gov. That's his agenda. It's about to get real ugly up in here and everywhere.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

LOL that's funny as #. Alex Jones is war on my mind. Sometimes he goes a bit overboard for me. and I quote "Judge Judy rushed to the hospital after mind altering Tv Camera's cause her collapse". He def makes me wonder sometimes

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
YES WE CAN....bomb other countries and it's not considered a war

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Ummm i haventy seen anything about a "war" in Somalia.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What people fail to accept is that Somalis live a gangsta inspired ---wild west inspired--juanta style of life.

If you are from Canada,a country who has been witness to wave upon wave of immigrants from around the world you simply chuckle.

I see Somalis in Canada identifying with each other through the dark aviator sunglasses that they all wear and the guns they so frequently use to kill each other with,these are things they aggressively teach their children,it is the equivilant of the Chicano gangst wearing the funny hat and the wifbeater white shirt,ect,ect,ect.

Fact is THEY TEACH THIS gangster behaviour TO THEIR CHILDREN IN MY COUNTRY AND I DONT LIKE IT ONE DARN BIT.

By gangster behaviour I am referring to what would be considered anti-social behaviour BY CANADIAN STANDARDS--I have no care for Somali standards because THIS IS WHY THEY ARE IN MY COUNTRY---a failure to maintain a positive set of social standards.

What kind of an idiot retard brings his little son to a new safe country and dresses him like a terrorist from the land his family fled?Puts aviator glasses on him and teaches him to become a murderer and a terrorist,teaches him to identify with the very evil destroying his homeland??

EASY ANSWER----A TERRORIST HIMSELF DOES THIS TO HIS SONS.
I say use prescision weapons to hit each of them that is a combatant right now ,hit every sunglass wearing attitude case you see with a gun in their hands.
If these people cant grow up ,BEFORE THEY GET HERE,-----I DONT WANT EM HERE!!!!

I accept that there are many law abiding Somalis living in my country ,some better citizens possibly than I myself am---but I still say shoot the criminal terrorists down dead,because if you tried walking through our streets here with an automatic weapon,SOMEONE WOULD DROP YOU DOWN DEAD.

So who cares if America is proactive and has the ABILITY TO HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS----RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES---AND ONLY THE EYES TARGETED.

Fire away,its simple ,dont walk around with guns or known criminals---YOU MIGHT BE STRUCK BY DEATH FROM ABOVE.

Has anyone asked America who they would like handed over to stop the strikes?Maybe they even have permission as we speak.

There should be an international coalition supporting the US in these strikes and we should team up and clean SOMALIA UP REAL GOOD.

There are millions of needy deserving somali civilians who need the worlds help right now to break the bonds of evil despotism that have become a cultural and societal malignancy.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Some body needs to stick that Nobel peace prize up obumba`s a$$.
Up is down black is white and war is peace .

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just not seeing where this is war number 6. Just not seeing it at the present time. Heck is a stretch to call Libya a "war'. Its basically a low-level conflict with no boots on the ground.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

We have been hitting targets inside Somalia since the Global War on Terror began back in 2001.

I guess you havn't heard of "Combined Joint Task Force Horn of Africa" or Camp Lemonnier.

From the Pentagon's stand point there is only One war, the Global War on Terror , aka the Overseas Contingency Operation. Each of these conflicts you define as wars, are simply different fronts and campaigns in that one war.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join