Obama orders air strikes in Somalia... War number 6...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
War 6 and more no bid contracts to Haliburton, not to mention the damage done to the economy.............he makes Bush Jr. look good about now. Ah well, the dumbmasses will vote for him again and pull the race/blame card some more.

You're on the right track but it does not matter who wins the vote because all you're voting for is the puppet on the left hand or the puppet on the right hand

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

Maybe it'll give the economy a boost.....?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Wow. You people do realize that ordering strikes on targets considered detrimental to US interests (especially with terrorists) around the world is something that US Presidents have been doing for, oh, 60+ years, if not longer. To act like Obama is the first President to proactively defend our country against Al Qaeda terrorists who would prefer to murder you in the name of Allah and then burn your children for being infidels would be a little bull#. And how exactly are we now going to "war" with Somalia? Last time I checked, we were pretty instrumental in building the transitional government there, but I doubt you knew that, since the title of this thread shows that you lack critical article evaluation skills.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree it is a way to re-boost our economy. We are a warrior nation. Looking at the size of the economic crisis, it results obvious attacking Somalia won't be enough boost, so a WW3 is a must.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
friendly reminder:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
With those airstrikes, civilians will die again, and sure those who launched them will not be accusated of "crime against humanity".

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

You people do realize that ordering strikes on targets considered detrimental to US interests (especially with terrorists) around the world is something that US Presidents have been doing for, oh, 60+ years, if not longer.

Yes, and Johnson and Nixon's excursions into Laos and Cambodia weren't right either.

defend our country against Al Qaeda terrorists who would prefer to murder you in the name of Allah and then burn your children for being infidels would be a little bull#.

Really? Burn your children? Sounds like somebody has been sipping too much propaganda tea.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Although I'm against this completely, let's not forget the last few Presidents who have been involved with Somalia in a military sense. Don't just pinpoint or target President Obama for increasing military conflict in a country we treat like complete sh*t in the first place.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Also,

- Iraq
- Afghanistan
- Libya
- Yemen
- Pakistan
- Somalia

I'm guessing you forgot Bush invaded Afghanistan and Iraq as well beginning the horrific drone air strikes against Pakistan and Yemen.

It's not really surprising though we're blaming the current President for warfare he didn't even start. Oh ATS.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
4 more and we all get a free sub from subways!

Whoot.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Dont know why people are getting surprised about this, Obama is just a brainwashed puppet like the rest of em. Only hope is Ron Paul but they are gonna try and slander him so bad he probably wont get the damn nomination.
Oh well im moving to South America # em all.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My memory is a little lacking,but didnt the PNAC documents call for war with like 60 countries or something?

Either way,America is the new Rome.
Its not about fighting "terrorisum" or spreading "democracy".
Its about empire,period.

Those who live in America,and arent effected by the bombs that are dropped,are living in ignorant bliss.
Even though,our tax dollars fund these things.

We allow an out of control gov. to send our family members to die in these wars.
And they ARE NOT doing so,to protect us.
Its not the troops fault.
They join with the only request being,that they not be put in harms way without valid cause.
They offer their lives to protect ours,but they are now being used to serve a bunch of criminals.

I,as an American,would like to offer both my apologies and condolences to those families destroyed by my countries quest for empire.

Our votes matter for not,as it dosent matter who sits in office,the wheel keeps turning.
But if history serves as a reference point,Rome collapsed,the USSR collapsed,and America is going broke,if it isnt already.

America,if it continues down this path,it will go the way of Rome.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
It is the military complex in control of wars NOT Obama.
Even tho I do not support OB it is not his decision, he is simply doing what he is told like a good little president.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Another sensationalist nonsense op.

Iraq and Afghanistan have been ongoing
Libya is a UN mandated no fly zone
Yemen is done with the support of the Yemenese government
Somalia hasn't had a functioning government since the civil war
And there is no war with Pakistan

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Obama and his ilk are trying their hardest to start world war 3?
Could be a disaster or a boom for the economy.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

That will happen with or without our intervention. It's just a matter of time. While the media is catching wind of this stuff due to the current administration, don't think for a moment this has not been happening various times through out the last 12+ years. It just wasn't out in the public domain.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
I,as an American,would like to offer both my apologies and condolences to those families destroyed by my countries quest for empire.

Our votes matter for not,as it dosent matter who sits in office,the wheel keeps turning.
But if history serves as a reference point,Rome collapsed,the USSR collapsed,and America is going broke,if it isnt already.

America,if it continues down this path,it will go the way of Rome.

Yes we in Europe are like you americans and let our goverment get away with murder but people are now on to the bankers and these are the people behind these wars as the noose is getting tight.

The arab spring mught just turn into a european summer and then you might see some action because a lot of people are at boiling point having to go without whilst the elite and the corporations they controll pay no taxes.

If Gaddffi makes good on his threat and who can blame him in this war our goverment started without asking any of us about it then people are likly to take it out on those who draged us in to this war and about time too.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Master_007

I can blame him. He is no better than those he lashes out at. I am sorry but I don't want my UK friends getting harmed anymore than my US friends for something corporations and governments are doing. If people would just actually stop complaining and take back there nations, other countries would not suffer and return in kind.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Somalia will more than likely just be an occasional drone strike.

For the most part, we have several African nations fighting our battle there.

Of course, we are training these African troops in Djibouti and financing the operation.

US taps $45M in gear for terror fight in Somalia

panafricannews.blogspot.com...

If we are footing the bill.
If we are striking targets at will.
If we are training soldiers to fight.
If we have a vested interest in an outcome.

We most certainly are at war.

This is a newer form of war, however, with hired 'contractors' and pilotless drones. Doesn't make it any less of a war IMO. People are dying and we are getting broker and broker. Fits Obama's agenda for peace to a tee!!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

As long as Britain doesnt get all the refugees i'm not too bothered.... too much cr ap going on in the World for it to be ignored.... loads of wars going on.... if things aren't stopped soon then we'll have big problems a few years from now.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join