It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror strike before election....who wins? Bush/Kerry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You have a very good point! I was just trying to illustrate what the average voter would be thinking if the U.S. is attacked again by terrorists before the elections.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is going to be the most ass election ever. Everything is looking backwards. Most people would think that Bush foiling terrorism would only help his chances of being elected. The fact is that it would only help Kerry, because terrorism wouldn't get as much coverage and more social issues would get attention. And as we all know, Democrats are normally viewed more favorably on social issues than the Republicans. But if "Bush's policies" fail and allows for another large scale attack, it would put terrorism at the top of the hour news and front page newspapers until the election. If that happens people will vote Bush, because people perceive the Republicans as being stronger on defense than Democrats. That's the way I see this election going down...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I've been thinking...everyone is talking about the October surprise )Us, the pundits, etc.). I wonder if all this talk has ruined any potential chance for an actual surprise before the election. If the Bu#es actually were going to try something sinister you figure they'd realize that it would backfire on them.

Or maybe they're just counting on the gullibility of the American people. "Bin Laden was caught, so who cares about the circumstance".

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It's not going to matter who gets into office.. Bush or Kerry.. same stuff just different parties. I dislike both of these characters (yes literally, characters) and I am voting third party instead of voting for the lesser of two evils.

I wonder if they would halt the elections if a terror strike... a possibility.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think OX is pretty spot-on with this. I feel that any attack, especially a large-scale one. Would precipitate a Republican victory in the elections. Especially if they are smart and milk the opportunity to show a 'Strong President' etc etc.

Naturally of course a capture of Bin Laden close to the election would also bring an easy victory. No matter how suspicious the circumstances really.

Like OX mentions, I feel its highly likely that any large focus on Terrorism before the election will swing it back to Bush.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
Bush's credibility is riding on the fact that the U.S. has not been attacked by terrorists since Sept. 11, 2001. If the U.S. were attacked before the elections -- especially if it's an attack of the size or larger than the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks were -- then Bush would completely lose his credibility. He'd lose the election in a landslide.

If there is no terrorist attack in the U.S. before the elections, then I think it will be a very close election, like the 2000 Presidential election was.

ThunderCloud, Bull's eye. Right on target. This is the most logical thing i've heard all day =]

[edit on 8/23/2004 by s13guy]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join