It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body unseen in Massachusetts swimming pool for days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Wow:

Authorities in the US state of Massachusetts are trying to find out how a body lay unnoticed in a swimming pool for more than two days as the public continued to use the facility. Marie Joseph, 36, had used a slide at the Veterans Memorial Pool in Fall River on Sunday but failed to return to the surface. The body was found on Tuesday when teenagers broke in for a night swim. The permit for the pool, described as "cloudy", had expired six months ago. The woman's body went unnoticed when a city health inspector examined the pool earlier on Tuesday, Fall River mayor William Flanagan told the BBC. It was found resting on the bottom of the swimming pool. "The inspector approved the pool, but noted in his report that the water was cloudy", said Mr Flanagan, adding that the public pool had remained open to swimmers from Sunday through Tuesday. The swimming pool had not previously been inspected in about a year, and its permit had expired on 31 December 2010. Mr Flanagan has ordered the immediate inspection of 21 public and semipublic pools in the town, while Massachusetts has closed dozens of state-run swimming pools as the investigation into Ms Joseph's death continues. Two inspectors, who had stopped by the pool on Monday, have been placed on administrative leave. An autopsy on Ms Joseph's body has been completed but the results have not yet been published. Ms Joseph, a native of Haiti, had five children and worked as a housekeeper at a hotel in the state of Rhode Island.

Read more at BBC: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I guess the kids thought the body was just some cool new flotation device.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Who gets into a public pool where you can't see bottom?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is a sad 1 and hopefully noone picked up any harmful bacteria. RIP to the lost.
edit on 7/1/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i think if there was a dead person in a blind man's pool the blind man would know it with in half an hour.sounds to me,a lot of people halfa$$ed it around that pool,including the state inspector!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i think if there was a dead person in a blind man's pool the blind man would know it with in half an hour.sounds to me,a lot of people halfa$$ed it around that pool,including the state inspector!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

No kidding how freaking disgusting! who cares if the water is cloudy, you can't tell there are a couple of long blobs at the bottom of the pool?

top topics

join