It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Overrides 2009 Ogden Memo, Declares Open Season on Pot Shops in States Where Me

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by scojak

This is going to be a battle that the Feds are not going to win. The CSA is not, nor has it ever been designed, to override State Laws, let alone the will of the people in those states who made the possession and use lawful.
This is a states right issue, and the Feds need to step out of it now.
To those who think this has something to do with money - Local departments dont get the money from FEderal Raids, the FEds do. We gan get parts of it if we push and usually it goes to the school districts.
The feds need to spend more time enforcing immigration laws and less time intefereing in the rights of the states to control their own internal issue that Congress clearaly has no business meddeling in.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

Well said, now all you need is for the states to grow a pair and tell the Feds how the law/constitution really works, or better still, show them..

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Likewise, if ATS users could refrain from stoner comments, I, and the ATS staff would appreciate it.

Thats discrimination right there, what even is a stoner comment ?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Thats the issue. Its already been done, which is why I am surprised they are going down this road again. From medical marijuana to doctor assisteed suicide. Not really sure why the feds want to open this battle back up. They have already lost it.. whats the point?

Holder really needs to go away. He is one of the worst AG's I have ever seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

My understanding is that in California, the Sherrif's Deputy's are instructed to neither help with nor interfere with Federal agents violating state medical marijuana laws.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by scojak

Likewise, if ATS users could refrain from stoner comments, I, and the ATS staff would appreciate it.

ATS has well and clearly stated rules against discussing illegal drug use. Threads like this often get 404'd because of 'stoner comments' that detract from the larger issue being illustrated here relating to states rights vs the federal government.

"Discrimination" is the "cognitive and sensory capacity or ability to see fine distinctions and perceive differences between objects, subjects, concepts and patterns, or possess exceptional development of the senses."

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

As I pointed in my post, they do not intend to win this fight but change the rules of engagement to civil courts while hugely profiting from Big Pharma MMJ and criminal recreational use. The present tactics of raiding and not charging is as I said a "protection" racket for Pharma. This ramp up coincides with reshceduling "extracts of Cannabis" , licensing of 55 private pot farms by the federal government, and the production of generic Marinol from natural Cannabis. It is about the money and something some of us have known for years. The diet and environment of modern life has caused a deficiency in the endocannabinoid system that is fueling the MMJ need and is eyed by Pharma as several times bigger in profit than the huge SSRI market. SCRI's are already being made and natural cannabis medications have already shown huge effectiveness in many ailments. Big Pharma did not get big ignoring things like this.
seed

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by scojak

I merely said this to keep the discussion on topic, and to keep the thread from getting 404'd. If you're only here to argue semantics, I ask that you please go somewhere else.
edit on 7/1/2011 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

Right I understand what your saying, I just disagree with some of it. Seizing while not charging is problematic, not to mention potentially illegal, and attempting to shift this into a civil court and away from criminal court undermines the Feds charter in this area. The Control substance Act, which is what they use to do the raids, is clearly criminal, not civil and any attept to move it into a different realm requires Congress to change the act itself. Moving Federal control from criminal to civil would then undermine the aw itself, since criminal charges will take presidence over civil charges.

Also its easier to make the arguement of federal supremacy of law in a criminal setting than a civil setting.

TRying to make the argument that the pharma companies are behind it, while possible, needs to be refined some. Simply invoking their names doesnt make it true.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Making the DEA leave the medical programs alone was the ONLY thing Obama has done that I supported, and will give him any credit for.

Now he is going back on that too? Obama, you are an awful, awful man, you are an enemy of freedom and prosperity. While you go around ordering the deaths of innocent civilians, and destroying this once great nation, some people with serious medical problems like HIV/AIDS, Cancer, MS. IBS, Crohns, etc actually have something that works for them, and you want to take it away. For shame. I don't believe in god or an afterlife, but I really do wish there was a hell for Obama to rot in.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by mustard seed

Right I understand what your saying, I just disagree with some of it. Seizing while not charging is problematic, not to mention potentially illegal, and attempting to shift this into a civil court and away from criminal court undermines the Feds charter in this area. The Control substance Act, which is what they use to do the raids, is clearly criminal, not civil and any attept to move it into a different realm requires Congress to change the act itself. Moving Federal control from criminal to civil would then undermine the aw itself, since criminal charges will take presidence over civil charges.

Also its easier to make the arguement of federal supremacy of law in a criminal setting than a civil setting.

TRying to make the argument that the pharma companies are behind it, while possible, needs to be refined some. Simply invoking their names doesnt make it true.

By licensing patents to Pharma they create a situation in which the present MMJ user who does not smoke but uses extracts will be commiting patent infringement As a Cannabis extraction expert this has already been discussed with me by my attorney and I am in the pending process now on two completely novel methods.But regardless what has been outlined by several of the top MMJ attorneys in the country is the basic plane is to license Pharma to market whole palnt products under prescription and patent protection as the Gov says " we have solved the MMJ problem ,just see your Dr." stifle the MMJ industry as it is in infancy and continue the criminal prosecution of "self-medicators" and recreational users. Profit on all ends, no disrupting the Cannabis cash cow for LE and the prison system,back end money from Pharma and more control over our health decisions than ever. It is a really tangled web and difficult to wrap into a post on the net. But sufice it to say it is about way more than just "pot" and it will be paying for a lot of new mansions for lobbyists, execs and lawyers over the next few years.
seed

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
As long as private employers test for pot use,there will never be acceptance in the mainstream....medical use will call for a major fight but even if it is accepted,it will never lead to legalizing it..which is what its about....get it leagl for medical use then trip on over to everywhere...nope....too much at stake since the tests g o back 6 weeks and cant tell how soon someone smoked....it just aint gonna happen...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

It is not a big thing for a pharmaceutical company to add a "tell" to their product which would show in a UA verifying prescription use. Employment UA's already distinguish between prescription opiates and heroin and raw opium so the Employment angle can be easily handled. Make no mistake Okatsu has spent a quarter billion on getting Sativex through the FDA and the DEA. This is a done deal.
seed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join