It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Panel Members Joust Over Border Gun Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

House Panel Members Joust Over Border Gun Program

www.nytimes.com

This week Mr. Issa said he believed that Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. lied when he testified to the Senate Judiciary Committee in May that he had learned just weeks earlier about the operation, which was begun in 2009 in the Phoenix office of the A.T.F. Asked about the issue at a news conference on Wednesday, President Obama said he believed Mr. Holder.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
So here we go again... the ole Sargent Schultz stick of I see nothing hear nothing know nothing...

problem with that logic is the Video's released to CBS news, who first brook this story, we taken by the AFT.... seems to me if you were going to play the plausible deniably card you'd at least get rid of the evidence... Oh well... Obama got his back right????

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Talk, Talk, Talk and in the end all is buried. Just one big show.

If Issa believes Holder lied, Issa should go after him and provide the proof.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

not just talk my friend...
The Senate confirmed three Obama-nominated Justice Department officials in a deal that will give Congressional investigators access to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms documents that have been withheld for months

.... why did they need to make a deal or appoint someone just to give them access is simply confounding... I mean come on... the president asks you for records your supposed to just say "Yes Sir!" an go get them damn papers...right???

plus...ATF Acting Director Kenneth Melson will provide a "transcribed interview" to Republican and Democratic investigators in mid-July... their looking to roll a few heads... but I do wounder why??? we all know this kind of thing happens in smoky backrooms all over washington... why this case??? just because they got caught???? sounds to me there's more going on here than we know

edit on 1-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Simple, charge em all, from Ag Holder, down to anyone in the DOJ who knew about this, to the ATF head, and on down the line to the supervisors who ignored the please and complaints of the line officers who saw what was coming.

While there at it, charges the moroins for failing to enforce immigration laws as well.

Holder should be charged - plain and simple.

If they had a law for a person being NTAC 2.0 compliant (No talent ##s clown) he should be charged with that as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

why this case??? just because they got caught???? sounds to me there's more going on here than we know

There probably is more to it. But I believe the main thing is that they got caught and more than that a Border Patrol Agent got killed. They got to make it look good. Some might get fired but my bet is no charges comes about.

What do you feel is going on?

Some people think it was an attempt to help pass gun control laws.

I questioned whether officials in the Obama Justice Department purposely allowed thousands of semi-automatic weapons to flow into the hands of dangerous drug cartels in order to meet President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder’s goal of re-instating the ban on assault rifles and other forms of harsh gun control.

townhall.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ok the Dams are not trying to turn this into a partisan issue?

On Thursday, Mr. Cummings, of Maryland, said the issue was relevant, contending that lax federal and Arizona laws made it harder to track and prosecute those suspected of being “straw purchasers” who buy weapons for drug cartels. Law enforcement agents “should not have to bend over backward to imprison those who provide military-grade weapons to murderers,” he said.

Where do you get military grade weapons from a legit gun dealer? That is just a out right lie! Way too much damage control has occurred for there not to be more. Since the State Department and the Justice department were involved this may just go too high up for comfort, hence the delays and other nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join