It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran demands...oh forget it this country just won't SHUT UP!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Originally posted by Pyros
why would they risk so much political and economic damage for a supply of power that they can so easily produce with their current oil and gas capabilities?

!The less oil they use domestically, the more they have for sale to the rest of the world. They also extend the life of their oil reserves by using other methods of producing electricity. Some countries that were previously oil exporters or were self sufficient are now importing oil.!

Absolutley correct, it is the most obvious economic strategy for a country trying to develop. Especially a country that is rich in fossil fuels.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

- What has this story got to do with 'nukes'?

Iran is demanding the right to nuclear technology like any other nation.

Exactly! I hear even we are thinking about using Nuclear Technology to power our automobiles even though, yes, we have nuclear weapons.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
America only fears iran having nuclear weapons because then we couldnt just invade and take over thier land like we did in iraq...

plain and simple

Nothing to do with safety of americans

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Exactly! I hear even we are thinking about using Nuclear Technology to power our automobiles even though, yes, we have nuclear weapons.

Umm...this is a quote form the article " Iran is demanding advanced nuclear technology for civilian and military use" Wow military use lets see what some application are for nukes in the military. Ok nuclear subs Iran may have diesel subs which can not be converted into nuclear subs, nuclear aircraft carrier Iran has none so that leaves nuclear bombs

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Umm...this is a quote form the article " Iran is demanding advanced nuclear technology for civilian and military use"

The person who wrote the article said it West Point, Iran didn't.
You keep referring back to the article rather than what was really said by Iran.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The simple fact is that Iran's nuclear ambitions are justified because Israel has nukes. The fact that Israel, the most dangerous country in the middle east was allowed to have them is an outrage. Iran feels that they should have nuclear weapons because it would give them respect and credibility on world stage and make the United States think twice before they violate the sovereignty of yet another nation because of their own interests.

If Iran has nukes, it guarantees its longevity and near-immunity from the US to dare to attack them. Same goes with North Korea. Same goes with Israel.

thanks,
drfunk

p.s.Don't you think it's weird that the United States isn't in the axis of evil when their government is the worlds largest terrorist organization with the largest stockpiles of WMD's???

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   

You keep referring back to the article rather than what was really said by Iran.

The Article has those lines in quotes because that is what Iran said. So WTF are you talking about the article didn't make stuff up it only wrote what Iran said. The US has Nukes but we wouldn't use them in a heart beat like Iran.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Geeez it seems like a lot of people here want Iran to have nuclear capabilities.

read this
It should change your mind.
You cant possibly be dumb enough to think that its Nuclear ambitions are only peacefull.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The only one that never shuts up is the US which constantly preaches to the rest of the world. Talk about STFU. Who wants to hear this "do as I say not as I do" crap the US government spews. Iran, whether we like it or not is a sovereign nation. They are free to do whatever they please. And they don't need permission from the US like a little child. Maybe the US should lead by example and disarm instead of pointing their weapons at every defenseless country and telling them that they don't have a right to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Murcielago... we have nuclear weapons. Are you saying our intentions with them are not peaceful? We claim its a deterant. Ever thought that just maybe other nations see them in the same way. That as long as they have them the US won't be as bold and try and attack. Why do you think we haven't touched NK?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Murcielago... we have nuclear weapons. Are you saying our intentions with them are not peaceful? We claim its a deterant. Ever thought that just maybe other nations see them in the same way. That as long as they have them the US won't be as bold and try and attack. Why do you think we haven't touched NK?

NK possibly having nukes has nothing to do with why the US hasn't took them out. We don't have enough spare ground troops to take them completely out.

Yes we use nukes as a deterant, but we don't and wont threaten people with them. If Iran has nukes they will.

BTW people, don't bother saying dumb �hit like if the US has them why can't they. You CAN NOT even come close to compare the 2 counties. Because Yes, they are that different.

The only way we will use a nuke is if someone uses them one us first.

Iran basically is saying that if Isreal takes out there nuclear plant like they did with Iraq in 1991, that they will "Crush" them. As you know Isreal has around 200 Nukes, So if you say that if they bomb one building that you will launch a nuclear assualt on them! If Iran really does this they just sealed the deal of there fait.

They allready have one foot in the grave, If they Nuke isreal were pushing them in.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IndyMaybe the US should lead by example and disarm instead of pointing their weapons at every defenseless country and telling them that they don't have a right to defend themselves.

Not only will the US not disarm, it in continuing to build new nuclear weapons in violation of the nuclear non-proliferation treaty. There are still people blasting Kerry for voting for a freeze on the testing, production and deployment of nuclear weapons back in 1985.

The do as I say, not as I do won't work.
The US does have to lead by example or their demands will fall on deaf ears.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

The Article has those lines in quotes because that is what Iran said. So WTF are you talking about the article didn't make stuff up it only wrote what Iran said. The US has Nukes but we wouldn't use them in a heart beat like Iran.

The text that you keep referring to is not in quotes.
The part that is in quotes is this:
"advanced (nuclear) technology, including those of dual use".

As it has been explained in this thread, many items required for civilian nuclear applications only, could be seen as 'dual use'.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The only way we will use a nuke is if someone uses them one us first.

Tell that to the survivors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

This whole topic would have been started by Westpoint23. Is there not some other pro-US, ultranationalist website you can post your rhetoric on? I think it would be beneficial for Iran to have nukes anyway, they would be a strong deterent to Israel and US imperialism. It has been rumoured that Iran already has nuclear weapons that have been supplied to them by Russia, and they are in the process of building more. Whether or not this is true I am unsure but regardless of this Iran should have nukes.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Westpoint...it wonders me that you aren't saying that Iran is lying. Why?

All the time I hear you whining that Iran has nuclear weapons or is in a serious stage of developing those.
Now you are posting this news and stage the angry little american kid that whines about the fact that Iran asks for help in nuclear power and weapons development.

Somehow contradictory that you say "they have the weapons" but on the other side playing angry about the news "they ask for help to develop them".

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I was referring to modern day tactics. Not what happened over a half century ago Eddie999.

I think Iran has around 8 or so Nukes, and now they have developed a missile capable of hiting Isreal. I personally don't like this.

As for all these people here that live in Europe. What happens when Iran builds a missile that can reach you guys, then what?

The UK is to soft.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

The UK is to soft.

No, the UK are just not warmongerers.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

The UK is to soft.

No, the UK are just not warmongerers.

The US isn't either we just know what has to be done, so we do it. We would like the help of our "allies" like Europe, but if there to pu∙ssy to step up to the plate, then we'll do it ourselves.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

As for all these people here that live in Europe. What happens when Iran builds a missile that can reach you guys, then what?

I don't care. They won't hit us.
They won't even hit your country.
Relax.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
At the risk of sounding like an arrogent American-I don't give a dam what Iran demands! I am waiting for the day oil runs out or we find a new source of energy. Then if Iran doesn't like it, it can be a glass bowl, if other middle east countries don't like it, they can get the same!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join