It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Why Is Russia Building 5000 More Nuclear Bomb Shelters In Moscow By The End Of 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Russia certainly seems to be in a hurry to prepare for something. RT is reporting that 5,000 new nuclear bomb shelters will be constructed in the city of Moscow by the end of 2012.

Officials want virtually the entire population of Moscow to be able to reach a bomb shelter within a matter of minutes. But in this era when the “Cold War” is supposed to be over, why are 5000 nuclear

But it isn’t just Russia that has been busy building bomb shelters.

A few years ago, Shanghai’s Civil Defense Office announced the completion of an absolutely massive underground shelter. It was reported that the shelter covers an area of over 90,000 square meters and could accommodate up to 200,000 people at a time.

So what about the U.S. government? Are they building any bomb shelters for us?

No.

Basically, Americans are sitting ducks. Whether it is a rogue nation launching a nuke or a full-out nuclear war, Americans literally have nowhere to go. In the event of a nuclear attack, most of us would be lucky to have enough time to duck and cover and say our prayers.

Of course, but because the mainstream media tells Americans that we don’t have to worry about nuclear war anymore most of them don’t even think about it.

full video : www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't know and I'm not worrying about it too bad, okay they think the world is ending ? Fine by me, it'll stimulate their economy and keep the money in their pockets.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
probably the same reason hitler built highways. To get people jobs and move the economy in a better direction. Or THEY know something we don't.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

That's quite a lot yes.

The official figure for Moscow currently stands at 11.5 million (an increase from a total of 10.4 million in 2002), but uncharted migration could push the real number to as high as between 13 and 17 million, according to population experts.

Source

If each shelter hold 3400 people.
All 17 million people in Moscow will fit...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
its worrying to say the least, but combined with other things like:

One of the nation’s largest suppliers of dehydrated food has cut loose 99% of their dealers and distributors. And it’s not because of the poor economy. It’s because this particular industry leader can no longer supply their regular distribution channels. Why not? Because they’re using every bit of manufacturing capacity they have to fulfill massive new government contracts.

The RFP called for a 10-day supply of meals – for 14 million people. That’s 420 million meals. Typically, FEMA maintains a stockpile of about 6 million meals. Why the sudden need to increase the stockpile by 420 million more?

efoodsglobal.wordpress.com...

this has been going around, and its disturbing. that's 70 TIMES the amount they usually stockpile. 10 days for 14 million people, or several years for just a few?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The video does a pretty good job of answering the question but if we want to theorize, perhaps some aren't full people at all but tech/resources they'd like to be around after the bombs fall?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If you were the leader of a country, wouldnt you be building numerous bomb shelters? Take a objective look at the world today. Look at the history of America and Russia, and look at America... its not like they are making any friends, with the 5 wars and soon to be 7.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ztruthseeker

I agree, countries do this kind of crap all the time. When one countries army starts becoming more active, then the other must reply in kind to keep the balance.

They want everything to be there 'just in case', because you never know, maybe one of russias nuke plants goes critical, well, now they have bomb shelters.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Many thanks for posting this!
When the USA and Israel start the war against Iran, the Russians will soon march into Western-Europe.
Mark my words!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
its worrying to say the least, but combined with other things like:

One of the nation’s largest suppliers of dehydrated food has cut loose 99% of their dealers and distributors. And it’s not because of the poor economy. It’s because this particular industry leader can no longer supply their regular distribution channels. Why not? Because they’re using every bit of manufacturing capacity they have to fulfill massive new government contracts.

The RFP called for a 10-day supply of meals – for 14 million people. That’s 420 million meals. Typically, FEMA maintains a stockpile of about 6 million meals. Why the sudden need to increase the stockpile by 420 million more?

efoodsglobal.wordpress.com...

this has been going around, and its disturbing. that's 70 TIMES the amount they usually stockpile. 10 days for 14 million people, or several years for just a few?

Aren’t you glad you are part of eFoods? There is no better time to stock up on food than right now. Let eFoods Global be your method of preparation—and the preparation for others—today!

Look, this is the advertisement from the SOURCE you have offered. Isnt that interesting that such a vast order is not in other news sources than a few bloggers sites. One site claims that it was taken from the offthegridnews.com but a quick search results as ZERO!

This is a fear mongering and probably it is made by EFOOD to sell their PRODUCTS. Dont be fooled that easy! Where is the "offical" source for that claim?

On the other hand, i know many russians from moscow and none of them told me any improvement about those Bomb Shelters! There is no SHTF or WW3! Life is going on as normal. Wars are part of our lives, get used to it!
edit on 1-7-2011 by darkl0rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
America has been building tons of bomb shelters but there called Fema camps over here.....

Just kidding, in all seriousness its just to take precaution maybe they think they might be a target of some terrorist group or they saw potential danger with the Japan nuclear reactor spill and should be ready should anything like that occur to them on a larger scale.
edit on 1-7-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by darkl0rd

I read of this same story - and it wasn't on any sorcha faal or other wacky site.

There were rumors of FEMA ordering these meals.

See here (all cut and paste the same story):

www.beaufortobserver.net...

www.examiner.com...

www.fbo.gov...

(the last one was for 7M population x 10 days of food, new madrid faultline)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

bet those 420 million mre's are for 1 million , for 420 days.

that's about right, all things...considered.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I promise you , if a Nuclear war between Russia and America happens.... the whole world will go down.

Mutual Assured Destruction, or mutually assured destruction (MAD), is a doctrine of military strategy and national security policy in which a full-scale use of high-yield weapons of mass destruction by two opposing sides would effectively result in the destruction of both the attacker and the defender,[1] becoming thus a war that has no victory nor any armistice but only total annihilation. It is based on the theory of deterrence according to which the deployment of strong weapons is essential to threaten the enemy in order to prevent the use of the same weapons. The strategy is effectively a form of Nash equilibrium in which neither side, once armed, has any incentive to disarm.

We will kill everyone , not just Russia. We dont have to sepcifically target your land mass to kill you.

The Mega Tons of the bombs we use now days are highly classified , as the megatonage has decreased , but the power of the Nuclear explosion is 100 fold , however , most of your nukes will explode in the Atomosphere of said Nation , with nukes that will penetrate the earth and explode in all major Cities / Military structures of said nations.

Bunkers wont save you , if you arnt below 400 ft under ground. You are dead.

If you are in the Country , make sure you have food stock / water supply / filtering system or your dead.

Its estimated 2/3s of the world population will die. The rest suriving off shear luck and underground structures.

Go ahead and assume you wont survive.

All Major fault lines underground water resievoirs will be targeted by nuclear weapons.

Nuclear weapons are only fired after we EMP strike your nation to oblivion and blow up said nations satelites.
EMP Strikes are sent in mass as some will be shot down , some wont. The Nuclear missiles that go below the Monosphere are dumby guided once aligned to make it through the EM burst in the nations targeted Atmosphere.

Gets very complicated and much of the tools used to strike are classified for the American peoples wellfare.

However rest assured , we can disarm any Nuclear missle launched from Russias territory. Only real threat is the Subs , which you better hope our Missile to Missile shield holds

We also expect the other nation to have satelites to attack ours , however , we have 27 strategic satelites that are 100% offensive / defensive capable to be launched in the event of mass nuclear strikes , all satelites in space will be neutralized , these will be fired after we neutralize all satelites in space , American Allies will have Joint access on a couple of these Satelites as they have helped fund the project

Sorry , im very tired and im not very familiar with the technology of this as i have only had this explained twice in quick conversations with my brother as we speak of the worlds decline unfortunatley , again i listed three strategie into this post that we have in place for a Nuclear war. You should be able to pick them apart , off to bed ill organize the post later ... maybe.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by torontoguy123

Firstly, you've copy and pasted your Op from this 2010 Blog right here. The video is linked from the blog also which makes your entire OP a plagarisation with not a single letter of input from you. Poor show dude.

Secondly, the news clip seems pretty clear that the proposed bunkers will be small and necessary because the Moscow Metro isn't accessible to everyone in an emergency. Basically, it's forward planning for emergency infrastructure.

I speculate that Moscow's motivations are a mixture of employment generation, self-defence and modernising dated facilities. Russia's foremost self-defence concerns are focused on the unhappy satellite nations like Chechnya and Georgia. Nuclear attack is potentially terrorist-related rather than war between superpowers.

The internet buzz about the news item is typical conspiracy bluff and fear-mongering. The US can't win. FEMA camps are intended to accommodate national disasters and have instead been characterised as death camps by the same guys *apparently* panicking about these Russian shelters. If a major US city started building 5000 shelters, the same guys would cry foul, call them 'death chambers' and flood the internet with high-pitched girl-screams

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by darkl0rd

I read of this same story - and it wasn't on any sorcha faal or other wacky site.

There were rumors of FEMA ordering these meals.

See here (all cut and paste the same story):

www.beaufortobserver.net...

www.examiner.com...

www.fbo.gov...

(the last one was for 7M population x 10 days of food, new madrid faultline)

On the fbo.gov site, it says:

Solicitation Number: HSFEHQ-11-R-Meals
Notice Type: Cancellation
Synopsis: Added: Jan 27, 2011 3:59 pm This RFI is being cancelled in its entirety effective as of 4 pm Eastern Time on January 27, 2011.

Have you tried read it first, before posting here? I did not think so but as a favor, I did it for you.

So the other links you have provided are the clone news of the eFood! Dont be so easily fooled! There is no such ORDER! They want you to panic and BUY their crap!

Anyway, I will watch how this hoax news will be spreaded out and make the sheeple buy the dry foods and make their hated masters even more rich. Hahahaaa... It is so amusing. Because I would do the same... make the conspirators do the work for me and let the readers of such forums believe in every sh*t they receive from unknown but RELIABLE sources.

Has anyone tried to contact FEMA and asked them if this ORDER was done and what the quantity and cost was??? Of course not and nobody will. Well done eFood, good job!

join