It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: British Government's Plan To Play Down Fukushima

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
did they not cover this up ?

it is good to know how it has happened , thanks op

I appreciate the Gaurdian for the expose, glad to pass it on.

The official suggested that if companies sent in their comments, they could be incorporated into briefs to ministers and government statements. "We need to all be working from the same material to get the message through to the media and the public.

"Anti-nuclear people across Europe have wasted no time blurring this all into Chernobyl and the works," the official told Areva.

"We need to quash any stories trying to compare this to Chernobyl".

This being Fukishima

edit on 1-7-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
I appreciate the Gaurdian for the expose, glad to pass it on.

I agree, thanks for the thread and kudos to the Guardian for publishing this story. I wonder how the Guardian got access to these internal emails.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

good point I am with you . This is an entirely more serious event at Fukushima than Chernobyl : dont trust the guardian though, dont get sucked in. even the daily mail produces some ripping yarns from time to time, all true as well.
Consider the sum of subsidy the taxpayer fronts to N-Power et al (who can afford to sponsor cricket and the weather I might add) to be a key issue in standing against them also.
It is well into billions of pounds: billions we supposedly cant afford! It costs us all stupid money and its horrifically dangerous.
the quasi-autonomous factions controlling it (nuclear) should be audited and outed immediately. That being said alot of the nuclear plants powering our country are in France . Holding fast with Germans and Italians on a Euro front may also help then.
They are an absolute mess trying to all sing from the same songsheet they look ridiculous from your post and they are : i will take your hand and lets kick the b**tards while they are down! WE ARE AGAINST NUCLEAR POWER

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

I would really like to know as well.

Maybe someone internally decided to rat them out, hopefully as time goes on,
we will see more of this. I would bet the same thing happened here in the U..S.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Between this disaster and the wildfires near Los Alamos.
I just ordered two bottles of potassium iodide tablets.

Good point, is it available again? Funny how it all dissapeared in March.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

awesome burntheships... awesome...

ya gotta luv "smokin' guns"...

my new name for

fukushima = fuknshtme

seeya

edit on 1/7/2011 by shaneR because: had to change language

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
this is unfortunately human nature. when your product that is making you tons of cash is proven to be in fact deadly dangerous, measures must be taken to ensure that people still buy and use that product in spite of the dangers. the technique most commonly employed for this purpose is known as "lying with every breath you can muster". even if it means millions will end up dying early from cancer you ask? yes, yes, and absolutely yes. you think these folks in the atomic energy business are exceptional in their disregard for public safety? nah. id say they're about average. we're talking about a lot of money here people. whats more important than money? that's correct johnny, nothing.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
How complicit was the media and how much had already been covered up?
It seems to me that TEPCO had help hiding the extend of the damage and world nuclear bodies were keen to support them.

So this is what they sound like when they talk about their partisan deals.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The pro-nuke stance is a dinosaur. Obsolete.

Anytime something goes wrong in the Nuclear Industry, they blame the anti-nuke folks.

It's our fault they cannot get new reactors or facilities etc.

That's like the only defensive argument the dinosaurs have left.

"Nuclear power is only dangerous because of anti-nuclear protesters!"

Well don't worry folks, soon there will not be any nuclear protests. Our grandchildren will be far too deformed and disfigured for any type of meaningful resistance to be formulated.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
How complicit was the media and how much had already been covered up?
It seems to me that TEPCO had help hiding the extend of the damage and world nuclear bodies were keen to support them.

So this is what they sound like when they talk about their partisan deals.

How complicit was the Soviet State media with the demands of Stalin?

That's probably exactly how complicit our medias are with their respective governments.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

I would really like to know as well.

Maybe someone internally decided to rat them out, hopefully as time goes on,
we will see more of this. I would bet the same thing happened here in the U..S.

Of course it happened just like that here.

I have been watching the media since zero hour of the EQ daily, and I have not found a single big time expose on Fukushima in ANY of the MSM outlets. However you WILL find tons of talk everywhere else in the "alternative" media...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
So they knew Fukushima was really really really bad. And wanted to downplay that.

Why?

Don't these IDIOTS live on Earth too?

And they want to build more of these?

Someone, please explain this contradiction to me, how can it even exist??

They are essentially nailing their own personal coffins shut. Why?

How could these people actually knowingly kill themselves and seek to build more death machines to speed up the process??

Are they secretly suicidal and mad? And they actually hate humanity and want us all wiped out?

I honestly don't get it...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You know muzzle, I keep asking myself that same question!
They live here too!

They breathe the air, they drink the water, they eat the produce!

What gives...is it temporary insanity, brought on by greed? Fear? Power?
All of the above?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Sorry the 3 emachine comments are me on her comp earlier today. It's only because mine broke but I'll fix it tomorrow hopefully. I am aiming for the 6 $ fix, let's hope the thermal glue works. I reset my password and logged onto my account a little bit after and made the other post.

Just context so you know all of those comments are in my voice inflection *heavy sarcasm and very jerk-like*.

I wanted to respond to your comment BurntheShips.

It is nice to know that there are people who understand the situation so well.

Maybe there are some actual idiots there though who aren't putting 2+2 together, but I would hope at least 90 or 80 % want change and want things to be better. I hope so.

What we need is for the smart good people, to get so fed up with the "system" that they will go against it no matter the cost to their lives. This way, the system cannot stand. It only survives through deterrent. If people stop acting like they will lose something by trying to stop this (which is the exact opposite of reality, we will lose very much if we don't stop it), than they will stop cowering in fear of retribution.

Fear of retribution seems like the only real factor keeping the good folks working towards these ends from stopping it.

However I fear a greater authority than some silly guys in suits for governments or corporations or whatever.

I fear what warnings Physics has put forth the most. You know, nature?

Which is worse? One guy getting killed for opening his mouth or everyone dying because he failed to open his mouth? You tell me.

Cmon folks lets start making the right choices and end nuclear power while we are still not all deformed yet.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

That doesn't suprise me. Everytime, they want to build their reality and force us to believe this. So, when true reality comes, we are in fear, not prepared.
But if they play down the situation, they fear the truth too : they don't want riots against british nuclear facilities for instance...their interest, it's just for their interests. They are educated to lie.
It confirms that media has no longer cridibility.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The media has indirectly caused the lives of people! The world needs to change, we need a world-wide Revolution against the corrupted governments!
edit on 2-7-2011 by Conspiratheorist because: Reason for editing: Statical error 404

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
It's obvious they would cover it up. Whilst other countries are pledging to rid themselves of nuclear energy in the wake of Fukushima - Our Government is planning on building a whole lot more.

Yes, it was like wathcing "the emporor has no clothes". Seiously, the news media was pathetic
during Fukishima.

Anyone who had the internet could go straight to tepco, which we did on the Japan Nuclear Thread,
and a thread I kept up to date. Widespread Radiation Concerns In The Wake Of Fukishima Disaster

Its terrible, actually frightening that they plan to build more of them. They are mad, maybe the future
we face is really inside the domes as the science fiction authors saw ahead.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07

Former party chief executive in Scotland says Huhne must go over 'conspiracy' to protect nuclear industry

"A prominent Liberal Democrat has called for Chris Huhne to resign immediately as energy and climate change secretary after emails were released detailing his officials' efforts to co-ordinate a PR response to the Fukushima disaster with the nuclear industry."

"Civil servants in the energy and business departments were apparently trying to minimise the impact of the disaster on public support for nuclear power."

www.guardian.co.uk...

While they cant fix the damage they have done, yes indeed someones head should roll.
This is nice to see, I want his superiors to go down too!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
you think these folks in the atomic energy business are exceptional in their disregard for public safety? nah. id say they're about average. we're talking about a lot of money here people. whats more important than money?

Good point, you know this demonstrates that fact nicely, as its collusion on the part of the nuclear
energy business, the media, the international banking cartel, and government.

Yes, corruption knows no bounds!

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Now we just need to keep on the situation going on here in the US with our recent flooding incident.

<< 1    3 >>

join