It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defiant Gaddafi threatens attacks in Europe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Posting this for a new member (welshbeliev3r) who couldn't

Gadhafi delivered the warning Friday in an audio message played to thousands of supporters gathered in the main square of the capital Tripoli. Gadhafi says that unless strikes stop, “we can decide to treat you in a similar way.” He says that “if we decide, we can also move it (the fight) to Europe.” Read more: dailycaller.com...

dailycaller.com...

I doubt anything will come of it, Ghaddafi, (Gadhafi,Quaddafi, Khaddafi?) really isn't in a position to be making threats like this. He is just giving NATO more of a reason to continue in the region IMO.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
cheers dude :-)
they the ones that put gaddfi in power.. its like locking a pitbull up in a room as a nice friendly pup and expecting to go back in a few years and its gonna lick your face all nice like it used to as a pup ,when in actual fact all it wants to do is rip your throat out .

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
He does have the support of the African Union with the Arab League sounding pretty feed up with the way things are going. I can see his point.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Gadhafi says that unless strikes stop, “we can decide to treat you in a similar way.

And he's spot on.

I do NOT condone retaliatory attacks on Europe, and i do NOT condone or support the current Libya "intervention" (War), but he is "right." Of course, no one has the "right" to cause harm to civilians, even if the harm is accidental, and an intentional act that unintentionally harms another is just plain wrong, unethical; however, the logic in this case is sound, even if the reasoning is immature (on both sides).

If NATO thinks it has the authority to attack a sovereign nation that is no threat and to do what it wants, then Gadhafi has a *right* to respond, even if both are wrong. You throw stones at my house, i have the right to throw them at yours (immature, but logical, even if unethical).

Of course, if he DID attack Europe, that would be the causus belli that the west needs and Libya would be flattened.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The thing I don't get is that the African Union are the ones who *asked* for this in the first place. They should have known what a "no fly zone" meant when they asked for it. The French are the ones pushing this and now they don't want to stop.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I live in Europe and do you know what, I think its about time someone stood up to Nato and the EU.

At least Hitler had the #'s to say he was going on a world tour unlike the west now, we do it for huminitarian reasons which is a crock of #.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I am not sure how far the support goes for Gaddafi in terms of hostilities. Russia, China, Africa and the Middle East is not happy about the situation and I am uncertain about any possible nuclear treaties that might be lurking around. Barring things getting to this level, with almost a decade of conflict in Iraq and Afghanistan there is some battle tiredness going on within the US. While any ground assault by US/NATO would most likely drive straight into Tripoli within the first day or two, it will be a generation before any sense of order will be restored to the area.

With the USD and Euro already under a lot of stress these economics will be further weakened with another long engagement.
edit on 1-7-2011 by kwakakev because: added 'I am'

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The thing I don't get is that the African Union are the ones who *asked* for this in the first place.

No they did not, they have opposed this intervention from the start. The media just failed to report on it. The media did show how the Arab League did provide some support to the operation when it first started. With this more and more looking like becoming a long extended campaign, support from the Arab League is dropping.
edit on 1-7-2011 by kwakakev because: added comma

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

You're right, I meant to refer to the Arab League of Nations. My mistake!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Who's to say this was actually Gaddafi saying these things? It could just as easily be another attempt by the CIA to stir up public support in Europe and the US for NATO's Libyan military operation.
edit on 1-7-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

In this day and age of the terrain flooded with propaganda, good thinking. The best sources are local ones. From Afrol news www.afrol.com...

Ten nations ready to attack Ghaddafi regime

So it might be preparation for a false flag to get boots on the ground. Need to do more research to confirm but not yet able to find a threat to Europe from a Libyan or African source. May take some time if this is breaking news.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A little longer article on the BBC website. "Like Locusts"

"If we decide to, we are able to move to Europe like locusts, like bees. We advise you to retreat before you are dealt a disaster," he added.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

"like bees."
unquote

First target "FRANCE"

Me.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If i had $4bn and you not only started a war in my country but were bombing my people and killed my gran kids then you bet that with only a few years left to live i would make you pay, most people would do the same but with so many false flags from the zionists i would not know if a mini nuke going off in france or London was the usual zionist tricks like 9/11 or US Liberty or payment in kind.

I know the UN has him down for war crimes for trying to defend himself from AL-CIA-DA but regardless of what $hit for brains, Mr Lier himself Obama says, this is war and like anyone else in a war he has the right to fight back or did you beleive the zionist press and think this was all one sided.

Germany started a war and lost and the USA/France/UKstarted this war on a pack of lies as usual and this is the price we pay because too few people have looked further than what the zionist press is telling them.

The UK was still sending Gaddffi weapons less than a year ago so why do that if he's such a nut case and why let the lockerby bomber go or was that to please Bp who later felt let down because Gaddaffi was also doing deals with China.

Que Mr Tony Blair and his WMD lies who now working for the banksters.

Anyone that thinks this war has nothing to do with Libya's Oil, Rejection of the fiat US$, Wanting a gold back currency, Being Muslims please stand up.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by Master_007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately I cannot say I am surprised or blame him, we in Europe are attacking him and killing people, do our leaders believe this will have no consequences?

I only wish our leaders were forced to fight the wars they wage..........

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
Unfortunately I cannot say I am surprised or blame him, we in Europe are attacking him and killing people, do our leaders believe this will have no consequences?

I only wish our leaders were forced to fight the wars they wage..........

If the USA is pushed by it's creditors (Zionist bankers, Not $1tr debt to china) then both China and Russia will be force to fight and both know this fake war on terror is being used to encircle them and then you will see consequences all right or have you not noticed that just about every component needed to make a bomb now comes from China and much of the energy need to forge steel comes from Russia or enermies of the west.

I only wish people went after the puppets and their bosses and then we might stand a chance of sorting this mess out because we are well past the point of having an easy victory and even if we won then the zionists will still continue to steel from us and remove this freedom they say they are trying to spread across the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
And don't forget the peace luving Russians who cut off BelaRus gas,, just deployed 2 Brigades to the Arctic. "In Defence of the Motherlands Natural Resources",,, opps i meant peace loving,, like CheckSlovakia,, was sarcasm.

Me.

"Oh and China who wants to block access to the "something sea",, by controling the islands and their port facilities.

edit on 1-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

sorry forgot Turkey who wants too assist in the control of Syrian territory

i think thats it.

ok,,ok ,, i know,,,America lending "Advisors" too Vietnam,, too "assist" the Vietnamese in running through the jungle too look for Chinese,, lol,,,,, listening to "Riders in the Storm" without fear of getting shot down,, by the way thats ALL of Vietnam.

Me.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If this mad old nut bag plays this well, he could end up with all the jihad support he could imagine and get support from Russia and China too.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
just watching webster tarply live frrom Libya
tarpley.net...
between a half million and a million people are demonstrating in favour for the defence of gahdaffi and libya
they are all armed and the women are right out there armed too

try that in the NATO police state US (or any Nato country) and see what happens...
oh yeah they are taking your guns away...
and they want to probe your granny
and your kids
while flooding all your farmland...
and charging you up the wazzoo for stolen gas...
while feeding you poison water

Kinda makes people who make empty insults about
Mister Debt Free Sovereign Currency Gahdaffi
look like the fake ho that we now know was lying about strauss kahn...

Happy debt enslavement there natomen

jeez pertty soon the patriot americans might be joining the jihad...
they are already labeled just as terrorist as the gahdaffi
you know :
vets, gun owners, amish folks...truthers..patriots, constitutionalists, audit the fedsters
RON PAUL (and supporters) christians homeschoolers etc
you know nutbags

edit on 1-7-2011 by Danbones because: and etc not to mentiion a smiley

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

And So the Fake news Reporting by Reporters Continues, Defiant Gaddafi threatens attacks in Europe ? sorry but in the article i can see alots of written lies, they haven't shown anything as proof, just more fear mongering.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join