It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory On Mind Abilities.. (A Must Read)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
For the past 4 months of studying and being a student of ESP, I learned the the power of your mind

1. Everything is patience and visualization, there's not much people can teach you, its all about finding yourself, patience, focus, and strong belief.

2. Many people take years to learn these abilities, but its all worth it just take a 30 minutes a day to practice Psi balls, and mind focus.

3. The average human uses 10% of the brain, well if thats the caes what if we could use even 25% that would make us very powerful

4. As I have practiced and theorized, I have also increased in imagination.
What If we could reverse time with our minds, its all visualization. So if we visualized it everyday for a certain amount of time, what would stop us. Heck if we can interstellar travel with out minds why not. Other abilities i think we have are the ability start fires, freeze things, teleport, control minds, read them, and destroy them. Any thing your mind can think up is possible, one thing we human have is the lack of patience. Espcially us that live in cities. We think everything is what you see is what you get, and you better get it fast. In a span of 4 months i have found that, that is not true, your mind has unlimited capabilities, as long as you can imgine it, you can do it. With time that is, the key is patience. I would like to hear alot of peoples thoughts on my theory.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think your idea sounds pretty valid. I also think that the older you get, the more patient you need to become unless you start doing this stuff at an extremely young age.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
the human brain uses 1-2% not 10........if you can get at least 10 you have move things with your brainwaves

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I wonder if there's a way to modify your brain to open up that other 98% (or 90%)

Some kind of surgery? Electric shock? There must be a way.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I have a small theory on that.

Maybe we werent ment to use the whole 100% in this life time...
Maybe this is a preperation for another life time.
I dont believe that we have a broad Universe, and Countless Deminsions to discover in a averge of 80 years a life time....

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I've heard that theory too.... About not supposed to be able to use ALL of our brain....

But why couldn't we find a way to change that? I imagine it'd be a bit like overclocking the processor in your computer

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   
for some reason i think that would come back to bit you on the @$$

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Probably the minds way of protecting itself. Take "infinity", we can grasp the concept but wouldn't it be mindblowing if you could grasp the reallity of it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Possibly for a while, but you'd learn to control it over time.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:39 AM
link   
That 10 percent use of the mind thing a myth that I personally hate. It's true that we only use 10 percent of our mind at any given moment, but throughout a day we use all 100 percent of our mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:40 AM
link   
i like the idea of the mind protecting itself. 1st of all, we are capable of wrong. strong mind power wouldnt be good in the wrong hands, and The mind protects a ignorant person from knowing to much, to protect himself from, himself....

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Mind abillities are also the same as any other aspect of people, some are just more adept than others. I could study art for a couple of year to be able to draw as well as my 10 year old daughter can now but by then she would have moved on with natural abillity.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
it is true that we do not use a better half of our minds..
any scientist will tell you that, and does a cerial killer use 100% of his mind?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well the good thing is by the time you gain some sort of "enlightenment" you have the discipline not to use it wrongly.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Your entire brain is like a full computer.
Your brains processing unit is like a CPU.

On average you use 10% of its processing power to process all the inputs you get from around you. But depending on what your doing, you can peak your brain processing usage to near 100% for certain tasks.

Unlocking and training Psy abilities is awakening and training other parts of the brain, you still just use your main processing power to concentrate.

Of all the abilities our brain is capable of, I think we use even less then 2%, your memory capacity lasts you a lifetime, depending on how old you are, it slowly fills up over the years.

Brain processing power, we use 10% on average indeed, full brain ability, not even close to 10%.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
What would some of thise 100 percent processing power tasks be?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I think your idea sounds pretty valid. I also think that the older you get, the more patient you need to become unless you start doing this stuff at an extremely young age.

what is a young age? is 14 young?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
We've discussed that 10% of the brain part numerous times already.. It's a myth. There are different fucntions for different parts of the brain, and none have to do with esp or similar phenomena. ESP has to do with the mind IMO, not with the brain. THe mind and the brain are two different things IMO.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebo

what is a young age? is 14 young?

I'd say 5 is a good age to start.... 14 would work too, but the younger you are the easier it is for you to learn certain things.

Learning another language. ANYONE can learn another language, but children learn it faster. Same type of thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Quit talking the #e. Read ^^^^ for the debunking.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join