It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Mail blames childs death on teachers strike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yes, I know how pointless it is getting worked up about anything in the Daily Mail as no-one in their right mind takes what they say seriously, but check out this headline -

Daily Mail teacher strikes causes child death

Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench because her teachers were out on strike

Does there need to be some sort of law against papers printing # like this?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Poor girl. First the teachers will get blamed. The next all tree's in parks will be chopped down in the name of health & safety.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

I guess technically it is the teachers fault right? Because if the teachers wern't striking then she would be in school. Im just saying

SIDE note. i actually know her brother i went to the same school. Wow thats such BS. They should cut down the branches that are just waiting to fall.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

I guess technically it is the teachers fault right? Because if the teachers wern't striking then she would be in school. Im just saying

Surely you jest?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Also her fault for going to the park. Also her parents fault for letting her go to the park. Also the cities fault for allowing the tree to be there. Also her friends fault for not dragging her to a movie or something else. Also the schools fault for making the teachers strike in the first place.

You can place fault on an accident like this. It's horrible, but if anyone of many people would have acted differently, it wouldn't have happened. Only pointing out the teachers, is just being nasty and ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hmmm.... something's up here... The link and the title of your OP has manipulated the title of the article to Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench because her teachers were out on strike .

The real article is entitled Girl, 13, crushed to death by a falling branch as she sat on park bench on the day her teachers went out on strike

Big difference IMO... time for me to use the new take back flag button for the first time.
Just because I don't like being manipulated.
edit on 1/7/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

I really didn't mean it in a nasty way. especially after finding out who she is. I was just pointing out the obvious i guess.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
plz dont read into this anymore
its the same as usual truth mixed with propaganda
imo the strikes had to happen
i understand unions have bad reps
but only repercussions are by the government

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

I really didn't mean it in a nasty way. especially after finding out who she is. I was just pointing out the obvious i guess.

I know, I was also just pointing out the obvious in that it's only their fault in the same way it's everyone elses fault. Nothing against you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Heck, if we can throw the blame around.

I blame Green Peace & Al Gore.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I got the image straight off twitter, which was a screenshot from the mail's site. Having now checked the website they have apparently changed the headline after being reposted all over twitter. The headline still implies it's the fault of the teachers strike, why even mention it?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

And you know what I say, Blame Canada!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Daily Fail as usual. Intended for drunken minds half-paying attention to reality.

top topics

join