It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: New Intel includes Threat of Assassination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
A new article is appearing in the Washinton times. This article outlines how a plot by Al-Queda to assassinate a high profile political figure in the US or Abroad is coming soon. Also discussing a new bin laden tape to surface soon as a trigger. Additionally it talks about the potential for this to be a multiple stage attack, including the high potential for female suicide bombers.

www.washtimes.com
U.S. intelligence officials say a high-profile political assassination, triggered by the public release of a new message from Osama bin Laden, will lead off the next major al Qaeda terrorist attack, The Washington Times has learned.
The assassination plan is among new details of al Qaeda plots disclosed by U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports who, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the killing could be carried out against a U.S. or foreign leader either in the United States or abroad.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It would seem the odds of an attack soon would be confirmed by a release of a new Bin Laden tape. Should we see that in the next few days, I imagine we may see the whole country moved to Orange alert.

Also I imagine the security around Bush is tightened more, I wonder if he will have to limit his campaign appearances.

So it is late and I searched but somehow missed this thread which details this article as well. Here is that discussion link for you to view.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-11-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It seems to me that it's much more likely to be a European leader than US if anything at all. I'm a little sceptical about this, but for what it's worth I think that Blair, Chirac or Schroeder are much more likely candidates.

HTMB.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I suppose if they keep on yelling "Alert!" like this eventually they will end up 'right'.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The victim could be a U.S. or a foreigner leader, the attack could be inside or outside of the U.S.

With that kind of predictions, I am sure they are right.

And they call that "intelligence"

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
>>>>>>yawn

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
>>>>>>yawn

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I think Iraq and the whole moronic way the war on terror has been fought is more than recruitment tool enough.

This sounds to me like they have gotten soft and are now going to focus thier efforts on performing public services for the American people........

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The victim could be a U.S. or a foreigner leader, the attack could be inside or outside of the U.S.

*shakes head and says where are you brain cells*
what do you expect you think the CIA is going to come out and say...yeah on august 21 we are going to capture Akhmend at 3.00PM because he will be there trying to kill congressman... Do you think that they will tell the public everything they know so they can tip of Al-qada to change their plans. Next time think before you type something

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am honestly suprised that they didnt try and pull anything off during the DNC. If the eliminated the Democratic Candidates out country would probably go into civil war. I think they would achieve their ultimate goal and actually make quite an impact if they didnt just try to alter the elecetions but stop them all together. Our country would be in turmoil and almost everyone, even some major GWB supports would sway after that happened.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
*shakes head and says where are you brain cells*.............
.............. Next time think before you type something

- yeah, damn straight Westy.

How many alerts, over how many years - where absolutely nothing ever happens - have to take place before you start to wonder what the hell is going on.......at the very least with your tax dollars on this bloated 'security apparatus'?

.....and as for that last 'alert'? Talk about blatent politic-ing.

Still, there's enough of a hornets nest stirred up in the ME now, no doubt something will happen eventually given enough time. God help us all.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I agree. They should have at least narrowed it down to indoors or outdoors.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319
I am honestly suprised that they didnt try and pull anything off during the DNC. If the eliminated the Democratic Candidates out country would probably go into civil war. I think they would achieve their ultimate goal and actually make quite an impact if they didnt just try to alter the elecetions but stop them all together. Our country would be in turmoil and almost everyone, even some major GWB supports would sway after that happened.

Umm...no. If Sen. Kerry were to meet an untimely demise, it is almost certain that the Democratic party would nominate Sen. Edwards for president. The real way to throw the country into turmoil would be to wait until after the election and, if Kerry wins, knock off both him and Edwards.
I assume that at that point, the Speaker of the House on January 20th (who in all liklihood will be Dennis Hastert, a republican) would be inaugurated as President. Then people would scream bloody blue murder.
But I think the prospect of a Civil War is pretty far fetched.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Okay - something doesn't set right with all these "terror" alerts, especially this one. Either they are leaking it out to the media (really intently) on purpose because they are scared which is highly unlikely or something is going to be faked.

I just don't buy into what they are feeding the public. What's going on? Are they trying to devert our attention from something else or what? Common you guys, something just doesn't sit right with this. Take a step away from everything for a while - the television, etc., just have some peace and quiet for a few days; no worldly distractions. Come back, take a look at what they are feeding everyone and then see if you really want a bite.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gary Seven

Originally posted by build319

Umm...no. If Sen. Kerry were to meet an untimely demise, it is almost certain that the Democratic party would nominate Sen. Edwards for president. The real way to throw the country into turmoil would be to wait until after the election and, if Kerry wins, knock off both him and Edwards.
I assume that at that point, the Speaker of the House on January 20th (who in all liklihood will be Dennis Hastert, a republican) would be inaugurated as President. Then people would scream bloody blue murder.

Here are the various scenarios:

In a nutshell, here it is:

If the President elect is not fit for service prior to being elected by the Electoral College (in December), the Electoral College still votes for President. It is assumed this would be for the Vice-President elect, although it doesn't have to be.

If the President elect is unfit after the Electoral College has voted him/her in, then the Vice-President elect will become President.

If both the President elect and Vice-President elect are unfit for office after the Electoral College has qualified them, then the established chain of command will take effect, Speaker of the House etc. Remember, the President does not take office until January 20th. At that time, the previous cabinet members are still technically cabinet members, but they usually resign as common courtesy so the new President can establish his own cabinet. Under this scenario, they would still be in line to become President.

There are a couple of scenarios where the House of Representatives would chose an acting President and the Senate would chose an acting Vice-Presidnet, but it is not entirely clear.

That being said, if something like that happened, I'm sure there would be quite a few different interpretations of the Constitution and several legal battles to figure it out.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gary Seven
............... if Kerry wins, knock off both him and Edwards.

- OMG.

A second electoral theft by the republicans and you imagine the people would just eventually quieten down and just 'wear' it?!

Man the fuss would be so loud as to annoy the dead!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I am definately throwing things out on a limb here. If they were to do what I mentioned it would probably have to be both the Kerry and his running mate in order to make it work. Then Bush would declare a state of emergency and postpone the election. A civil war may be a bit far fetched but I am just trying to emphasize that out country is very divided and in a fragile state. Something like that would raise ALOT of speculation and make the JFK conspiracy look tame.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Wolf! Wolf!

This is too good to be true...oh...wait a minute....President Cheney....
Surround the President!!!

Bush is scary enough...but Cheney? *shudders* I'm not a fan of having the Cryptkeeper as Pres, hehe....

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think one of the targetted leaders would be President Musharraf and his Prime Ministers. It's Pakistan's independence day this weekend and i can assure you that they are working on the aspect that their leader is a target of Al-Qaeda.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Interesting angle...and a good analysis...
You may be right there...

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I think one of the targetted leaders would be President Musharraf and his Prime Ministers.

He crossed my mind as well. He has nukes, problems with his clerics, not to mention his own intelligence agency. Probably most likely candidate.

And since this is turning into a "dead pool" I'm thinking King Abdullah of Jordan has got to be on a few terrorists short list. Moderate muslim, who thinks for himself and too cozy with the West.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join