It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulsating light flies over my head Thursday night, June 30th, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Very rarely do I post but this I thought I'd share.

I'm a security officer what works the overnight shift at an office building in central Massachusetts. New England U.S.

I usually arrive at work about ten minutes early and have a quick smoke before going in for my shift. At 12:40pm EST as I was finishing up my smoke I noticed a light heading towards me from over the hill, not unusual as there is an airport nearby. What caught my eye was the nature of the light itself. Usually, when I see planes, be them airliners or prop-jets, their lights blink and there is usually a set of three or more lights on the craft.

When I saw this thing, even as it flew directly over my head, all I could see was one light on it. The light itself was fairly bright, but the oddest thing about it was that instead of blinking, it was pulsating. Dimming and brightening at a regular rate. I have no idea what it was as I have never seen a plane with one light pulsating instead of blinking.

In true U.F.O.(as in [U]nidentified [F]lying [O]bject) fashion, it made no noise that I could discern. I kept waiting for the sound of a jet engine to follow it or something. I have no idea how to judge how high it was, but if I had to guess I would say about as high as a low flying jetliner or helicopter might fly. Closer than it looks in the video but not close enough to see the shape of the crafts body, if it has one.

I captured this using a HTC myTouch 4G that I realized afterwards was set to 720p. Unfortunately due to the SenseUI software when the video settings are set that high the zoom is disabled I guess because it's digital zoom and not optical.

Here is the original video file off my phone
VIDEO0014.3gp (143mb)

Here is a youtube of the video for quick viewing.

File container: *.3gp

Video info from VLC:
Video codec-H.264-MPEG-4 AVC (avc1)
Resolution-1280x720
Frame rate-9.667374

Audio info from VLC
Audio codec-MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)
Channels-Stereo
Sample rate-16000 Hz
edit on 7/1/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I would check out the following and start your process of elimnation or identification:

Is it a star, planet, aircraft lights, satellite or.........a UFO? Find out here!

edit on July 1st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I can't find anything in there that it might be?
Still, I probably don't really know what to look for either.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry but I think this is a plane upon closer examination you can see red flashing lights as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

I can't find anything in there that it might be?
Still, I probably don't really know what to look for either.

Honestly, it looks like a stationary light. Perhaps on a tower.
Your title says it flies over your head. But it does not appear to fly and it is never over your head....
It just looks like the camera moves.

How about a photo of that exact location in daylight? That would eliminate any possibility of a tower light...

Also, what airports are near you? I see another similar light in the lower left corner....probably a plane on a steady flight path...

edit on July 1st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Looks like it's too far out and too high to have flown "over your head", so the title of this thread is a little misleading. But it looks like normal, terrestrial aircraft lights.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I thought the same thing also. But if you let the video load completely, then move the slider, you can see the object is actually moving.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

I thought the same thing also. But if you let the video load completely, then move the slider, you can see the object is actually moving.

Thanks for that....will watch again...
It looked to me like the cam was moving and the light stationary...bit of optical illusion...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Well, the lights you see in the lower left are street lights, it's in a parking lot. The nearby airport is farther off to the left and the reason I don't name it is the same reason I didn't name the city I'm in. I don't really wish to broadcast where I live.

This was filmed on an android smartphone, I tried to keep it as centered as I could. It did fly directly over me, though it's hard to tell in the dark there but at the end when it disappears, it does so over the roof of the office building I'm standing in front of. I'll see If i can lower the contrast or something so that the building is more visible.

You can just make out the third floor windows as I lower the phone at the end after it goes over the building.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The video I took for 3 minutes looked like one too, and unfortunately when it arrived, ie flew in soundless, I was so excited I grabbed my camera, but not my slip on boots, so after just over 3 minutes in Feb at the fence with bare feet, I had to run in for my boots, and this time the stationary light was goine.

That was a craft that I pressume was the same craft, that was seen 3 times in a week or just over a week, twice in the same location a few hundred feet over the middle school my son will attend next year that our property backs onto. The first time a couple blocks away, same time, downtown, roughly same time, after 7.

I could see the craft each time, the size and it moved, though seemed to stay in place for some time, hovering and extreme slow mode, except when it arrived from the southwest direction The second time that I couldn't video it, the camera wasn't set up with the battery, I had to recharge them it flew off, west.

People said it was a stationary light, NO IT WASN'T.

Equipment, ordinary kind of equipment, doesnt show these things up at all. Now I would have stayed out till it left if I had my boots on.

Strobing lights, are common, also the first one the whole family saw that hovered contacted me in the house, and rooted me to the spot, that light ebbed bigger and smaller in and out, and the craft looked like it was oscillating rapidly back and forth.

I got another video of the school at night to show there is no light there, I'm out on my porch frequently. But do to kids borrowing my camera and making zombie movies with the tripod, I'm missing the download cable, usb, and waiting for it to arrive from amazon.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Starred and flagged. I really want to get some an infared, screw on lense for the camera. I found one I could order, also directions for making one. Though have no idea if that would improve the quality of video mode on it.

There are so many black op things happening that you can't tell.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The ol' pulsating light phenomena. Myself & 3 other Boy Scouts saw a large orb or ball of light up fairly close. It brightened and dimmed an amazing fiery orange that looked plasma-like on full pulse.

Some of the black-ops craft reportedly have a plasma aspect that pulsates too.

Then of course there are the cases where it's something mundane misidentified. Thanks for being on your toes and sharing your experience here.

Sightings sometimes come in waves so maybe you'll see it again. Peace.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What were you starring at first?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Interesting that it seems almost stationary, but normally one flashing light is an aircraft, see these lights all the time over Edinburgh at night.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Wasn't staring at anything, was just outside having a smoke before going in to work.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid
Interesting that it seems almost stationary, but normally one flashing light is an aircraft, see these lights all the time over Edinburgh at night.
As I said, the light wasn't flashing, it was pulsating, dimming and brightening but not strobeing like normal plane lights.

Far as it "seeming stationary", it wasn't. Just tried like hell to keep my smartphone from shaking too much while trying to keep the light centered.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Wasn't staring at anything, was just outside having a smoke before going in to work.

Ok just making sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Starred and flagged. I really want to get some an infared, screw on lense for the camera. I found one I could order, also directions for making one. Though have no idea if that would improve the quality of video mode on it.

There are so many black op things happening that you can't tell.
Yeah....
Don't think you can really do that on an android phone. Be cool if you could though. Although I know the samsung galaxy S and one of the newer HTC phones have a really good night mode on their cameras. Be awhile before I can upgrade mine though.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Hmmm to me it seems each pulse is a double pulse which could indicate plane lights. Some planes rather than a single flash will do 2, 3 or so rapid flashs in a row each one getting weaker than the last, it all happens in a matter of a half a second but it gives off a stuttering type pulse to each individual pulse of the light. Although it could be the small resolution of the YT vid thats doing that.

What sort of noise did you hear if any as it went over head it didnt seem to be to far up so you could have heard something. Where I live I often see a silent deep red, singular pulsing (proper pulsing light slow fade in and out over the course of about 1.5 seconds with a 1 second gap between each pulse) but i eventually found out it was a plane since it went right over my house one night fairly low and I could make out a very weak engine I assume it was some small microlight doing night flying. I used to see one similar where I used to live 10 years ago as well.

You do mention an Airport nearby which immediately makes it a strong contender for being a plane in my opinion.

Good footage, but id say its more likely a small plane of some sort. Just an opinion based on my own experiences with similar things, mind you im not a plane expert.

edit on 1-7-2011 by BigfootNZ because: Meh

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

this is the same thing ive been seeing show up in the sky outside my window at exactly 11:10 PM the past 2 days. it just happened and i looked down to reach for my camera and it was gone..... o_O

top topics

join