It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all slaves! Get used to it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A friend and I were talking about conspiracies, the NWO, and everything surrounding it. We have police running beating handicapped kids, TSA agents harassing old ladies, and a flood of illegal aliens. We have a "war on drugs" a "war on terror" and a "war on poverty" that are abysmal failures, yet they keep getting funded with OUR tax dollar.

We have a government full of stooges on both sides that can't seem to agree on anything, unless it's the removal of our individual liberties (Patriot Act). The list goes on an on, and the more you expose yourself to these truths, the more you realize just how much we're being screwed.

Now, the part about being a slave. It's quite simple. In the United States, and elsewhere, you are given this illusion of ownership. You buy a home, usually by making payments via a mortgage. But, even after you've paid the bank 250% of the original loan, and it's paid in full, you do NOT own your home. No, in fact, the government still owns your home. You are required to pay property taxes on it until the day you die. If you miss a payment, your slave masters will throw you out, and put you in jail. So, what do you truly "own"? Nothing. You don't own your car. Yeah, you may own the metal, plastic and rubber, but what good is that? You have to license it to be able to use it. You don't license your car, they will ticket you. Enough times, they will take your car. You are not FREE to travel, unless you pay our masters the fee to do so. In the end, you're nothing more than a slave with the illusion of freedom.

We huff and puff and get all worked up over this stuff. There is anger and fear, and we all say "I won't let that happen", depending on the subject. We threaten revolution, voting the bums out, and everything else, yet everything stays static. The bums stay, or are replaced by more bums. The cogs continue to spin, and we continue to lose freedoms. This proves that voting the bums out does not work, and will never work. It's fundamentally broken, and by the time a politician reaches the level of a federal position, he or she is corrupted. Those that corrupt them can now control their marionettes like the puppet masters that they are, and continue the assault on us, the people.

We see uprisings in the Middle-East today. Is that the answer? I don't think it is. Ultimately, "the people" will win, and overthrow their government. After that, a new and improved government will replace it. This new and improved government will rapidly seize power from the people in some form or fashion, and the cycle will continue. In the United States, the results will be the same. I draw this conclusion based on the fact that the founding fathers did just that. They gave us a government that would be small, weak, and easily controlled by it's people. Over time, that government grew, became more powerful, and started taking away the liberty that was bestowed upon us. And, here we are. Slaves. We go to work, make our money, pay our bills, and if we're lucky, we can save a little of this fiat currency for our kids' college education, so they can continue the cycle. A lot of people can't even do that. They live paycheck to paycheck, hoping that they don't lose their job to an illegal who will pound nails for minimum wage, or someone in India or Pakistan who can write code.

This fear of the future, for your jobs, your children, your home, your finances, all of it...it simply feeds the beast. It's what keeps us enslaved. We say, "At least I have a job in this economy." when we don't get a raise. Meanwhile, our CEO gets millions in bonuses which get larger and larger each year, regardless of the economy. We rationalize it, once again, with "Yeah, but I have a job, so that's all that matters." Good slave. Good, good, slave. Keep thinking that way.

And, in the end, it doesn't matter. If UFO's are real, so what? Will that somehow make us smarter because we can say, "ner, ner, I told you so"? Ohhhhh, we know the names of the Bilderberg group members. So what? They keep doing what they're doing, and nothing will stop it. We know the government lies, sells guns illegally to gang lords, and our border agents die. So what? Will any politician see jail time? Speaking of politicians, when they are caught in a lie, a scandal, a bribe, what happens? They either resign (with FULL benefits), or they are censured with FULL benefits. They win regardless, and we lose again.

The bottom line is, we are merely here to serve them. We will NOT change. We will NOT rise up. We have our X-Box, our Direct TV and 500 channels of "reality" TV. We have our little league games with our kids, and plans for a vacation coming up. And, let's not forget that 2% raise we may get if we work hard, and disregard the truly important things in life. Maybe our masters will reward us. The only way to truly be "free" is to die. What a sad planet.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Thank you for your........enlightening speech. No wonder people knock themselves off........

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well written...but damn...

The only way to truly be "free" is to die. What a sad planet.

I think this little one liner at the end killed it in my opinion...I am going to suggest removing it...or re-wording it...other than that a fine specimen of writing...a bit I agree with...a bit I don't. That is par for the course in my life...take a bit that I like and leave the rest.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Amen, It was so negative! I'm a pessimistic person but - damn! I have no freedom. Thanks alot OP! I might as well be in jail then huh ?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ok, so lets look at this.

House tax.

This isn't because you don't "own" your home. The taxes go to support the infrastructure that keeps the house safe (such as the military protecting our borders, police and fire, the upkeep on the sidewalks, etc.)

Car tags/fees.

These aren't to "allow" travel...these fees go to (again) support the infrastructure, like roads and highways, so we can drive faster, safer, etc.

So, your alternative is to not have to pay house taxes, but then YOU'd be responsible for providing 24 hr security to your home, to prevent other citizens (or other nations' citizens) from invading it? YOU'd be responsible for putting out any fires. YOU'd have to figure out how you are going to connect to get electricity, water, gas, etc.

Or, with a car, YOU'd have a car, but no roads to drive on without those taxes. Better get a 4x4 and hope for the best! Not to mention the infrastructure that also supports gas stations and garages. So, you better take all the gas and parts/tools you need with you!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nice Rant and 99% true but damn, my morning coffee isn't so sweet this morning.

Throughout the ages tho, it has been said, written about and proven that freedom is a state of mind. That would be the 1%.

If we all felt that we are 100% slaves with no recourse, there would be no one here to read your thread...it wouldn't matter.

SnF

edit on 1-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

navy_vet_stg3 -
You make some very valid points, but I'm sorry you feel "the only way to be free is to die". It may sound cliche, but truly - you are only a slave to them if they own your mind. I know you have heard this before, but sometimes it's good to be reminded of things.

Will the people rise up and "take their country back"? Maybe. Probably not. People are consumed by their xbox, direct tv, facebook, and collecting worthless paper. It really does seem like the vast majority is in a trance of sorts, or drugged up to the point where they can't even hold conversation.

But would that really solve anything anyway? Let's say that we scrapped the whole system, and started over, with just the constitution and the original bill of rights, and built from there. Would that work?

The entire system is an illusion. It's just an idea. It's fictional. Constitutions across the world claim to be based on God's law, which by the way says that man's law holds no weight whatsoever. But then it all got perverted somehow because a bunch of guys started writing all these other "laws" and convinced people to abide by them and the people themselves perpetuated this by going along without question.

The solutions, IMO, are to step away from the system. Refuse to go along with it. That doesn't mean quit your job and go hide in the woods, but start growing a garden.. get to know your neighbors.. become more self-sufficient. get away from the monetary system as much as possible by turning your fiat paper into precious metals, or goods. Getting to know your neighbors, and really building community is soooo important for all of us to do. And it can be hard, I know. But think about it - we can all see that the system is going to crash sooner or later. When that happens, what are we going to do? If you've built up some community, comprised of other like minded people who have also turned (or have at least begun) away from the system, you're not going to have nearly as much to worry about.

If even half of the people that sit around on these websites started doing this in their own real life, it would spread a lot faster than one may initially think. Try this - Go around your neighborhood one week with flyers inviting people to a screening of (whatever documentary film you think would wake people up). Then, on a seperate occasion, go around your neighborhood with flyers inviting people to a neighborhood home gardening expo (or whatever you want to call it). Put something like "Learn how to grow your own fresh vegetables, in a short time, with little effort!" Invite people to bring different seeds, tools, knowledge, etc. to trade with others. Make a block party or just a casual neighborhood gathering out of it. If at all economically feasible, offer refreshments. This is an otherwise free event. Something anyone can do anywhere, who desires real change.

See which one brings more people, and see if you notice a difference in the vibe at the two events.

I think documentary screenings are a great idea. There are many documentary films that have helped me open my eyes over the years, and I show/pass on some of the better ones to other people. I've had both good and bad responses to that. I've learned not to give people too much info at a time, and I've learned to show a little discernment when passing on information. Not everybody wants to wake up.

But after your whole neighborhood has watched (whatever film) and are now in a state of shock, or not, what's the next step? Knowledge is useless without action. And politics will never be anything people agree on, so that's out. What now?

Everyone likes to eat food (at least 90% of the humans I know do it on a DAILY BASIS). Maybe not everyone thinks growing their own garden is fun, but those who are even half-awake can see the importance in it. And money is an issue for everybody these days. Growing your own garden can save money in many ways. Start up costs are minimal and in the long run you'll be saving much more than some fiat currency. You'll be saving your health too, and the health of your loved ones. Even if you've never planted a thing in your life, it's not hard to learn. You have the internet, there's a lot of good info out there that can teach even the most incompetent person how to grow some vegetables. (Incompetent people are people too, thus they posses the spark of life, making them a creator, just like you and me)

I don't think we are all doomed, and I don't consider myself anybody's slave. They can keep trying to take more and more of our freedoms, but they'll never succeed unless you allow them to. Stop seeing yourself as a slave to their system. Sure it sucks that you "really don't own your house" and you have to be licensed and insured to drive your own car, you may have half of your paycheck taken from you before you even see it, the politicians are vigorously working to make us pay more to live, and there seems to be more and more chaos being ratcheted up all across the world.... But if that's all you focus on that's all your going to see. And that's what will manifest in your life. If you instead, see all the negative as an opportunity to 1- see that which you are not and 2- make a choice to instead produce something positive from it, then you'll be on the right track to stepping away from the system (which is fictional anyway). The more we all focus on the real solutions, the faster we'll be able to simply wash our hands of the ridiculousness (trillions of dollars worth of "debt" with interest that we're supposed to pay to some rich people, property taxes that keep you from owning your own property, 50% of your paycheck taken for taxes, and otherwise paying to be alive on the planet you were born). Some of it is so absurd it makes me wonder how it's even lasted this long.

Too many people are locked into a state of fear. If we could each stop fearing what may be to come, and start connecting with each other so we can CHOOSE what is to come, then TPTB will cease to have any real effect.. We are all powerful beings, we jest need to stop giving our power to others. Especially to those who seek to do nothing but abuse it.

WE are in charge of this life here, and WE are the ones who are responsible for what happens to us. Sure, not everything is in your control all the time, but your choices are ALWAYS in your control. If we all made more positive choices, the things that we have no control over will cease to have any control over us.

Besides, do you really think that they can kick us ALL out of our homes, arrest ALL of us, stop ALL of us from growing our own gardens, take ALL of our guns, force vaccines on ALL of us, listen to ALL of our conversations, kill ALL of our dogs, shut down ALL of our kids lemonade stands, force ALL of us through naked body scanners, microchip and track ALL of us, kidnap ALL of our children, or even take the internet from ALL of us? Short of a large scale "terror" attack or other large scale attacks (nuclear sites, if HAARP can really cause earthquakes, volcanos, flooding, etc) I don't see how they can pull this off. And if they flood the earth, or blow it up - then we're all done with so what would be the point? They wouldn't even have their 500million to keep the machine running if that happened, so they would be screwed too.

There is power in numbers, and there are A WHOLE HECK OF A LOT MORE of us than there are of them. The trick is for people to realize that we're all US - there is no "them".

edit on 1-7-2011 by cwilson because: To address OP by screen name, rather than 'OP'.

edit on 1-7-2011 by cwilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
I think this little one liner at the end killed it in my opinion...I am going to suggest removing it...or re-wording it

Is there really any other way? Not that being dead would be "free", because it obviously would be worse...LOL.

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Amen, It was so negative! I'm a pessimistic person but - damn! I have no freedom. Thanks alot OP! I might as well be in jail then huh ?

I'm generally a positive person. Go figure. I guess that all depends on what "jail" would be. Some could argue that being the hamster on the wheel of life, getting nowhere, would be in imprisonment in and of itself. Just a thought.

@Gazrok - I agree 100%, but then I'm getting 30% taken out of my pay check too, supposedly for those same things. One or the other, that's all. I would much rather have it taken from my pay, and actually own my property, in the event I lose my job. I'm all for a flat tax, or use taxes. I understand why they're there, but taxed at the paycheck, taxed at the point of sale, and then taxed again after the sale on the value. It seems quite extreme to me.

I notice you have a Ron Paul 2012 image in your signature. Awesome! I voted for him in the primary last time. But, this goes back to what I've always said. He gets a lot of support before the primary, but for some reason, people just can't pull the trigger and vote for him, and then we get John McCain and Sarah Palin (yikes!). I think humans, as a species, like turmoil, and like being led around like sheep. If we didn't we'd put people in like Paul, and start making real "hope and change" rather than the nightmare we've gotten for decades now.

@cwilson - To answer your one of your thoughts about whether or not it would matter if we scrapped it all, I don't think it would matter. It may, for a short time, but then the leaches would appear again, and start to take back over. It's a never-ending cycle.

I completely agree about backing away from the system. My wife and I have started doing that for a few years now. I plowed up 1/3 of my back yard and planted a garden. I also have a farm in Kansas with more land, in the event the economy goes totally bonkers. I've been buying more lead than gold, but I do have some. As for meeting my neighbors, I've done that as well. We've shared food that we've grown and what not, helped with canning and the likes. Some neighbors think those of us who are doing this are crazy, but I have a lot of food canned, and that's a good thing.

I've thought about your position before on whether or not they can put us ALL in jail, or whatever. The easy answer is "no", but the reality is that they won't have to. It's like anything else. If you know that doing something has cost your neighbor their life, or "freedom", then you're probably not going to test those waters. Instead, we always become lemmings and fall right in line. There is indeed power in numbers, and an idle boulder contains a lot of energy. Unless that boulder begins rolling down the mountain, it's pretty much useless. Right now, the "numbers" are like the idle boulder, and I really don't see that changing.

I loved your post though. Great work!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

We are not all slaves! Get used to it!

Maybe you should travel more. Abroad I mean.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

@Gazrok - I agree 100%, but then I'm getting 30% taken out of my pay check too, supposedly for those same things. One or the other, that's all. I would much rather have it taken from my pay, and actually own my property, in the event I lose my job. I'm all for a flat tax, or use taxes. I understand why they're there, but taxed at the paycheck, taxed at the point of sale, and then taxed again after the sale on the value. It seems quite extreme to me.

I do see your point there, but if you look at it on a global level, we're really paying less taxes than many. There is though, a HUGE issue when major corporations rake in billions in profits (thereby using much of that infrastructure) and yet pay miniscule taxes by comparison. I too am for more of a flat tax.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'm surprised you haven't dealt with the post 2 above yours and above mine yet. The one with the star advocating the use of a certain illegal substance.

I won't alert just yet to see if you're paying attention. A new member who obviously hasn't read our T&C yet. (Or learned the hard way in life either).

The drug in question is for pure escapism. Great until you collapse from dehydration or cardiac arrest. Not nice to see when it happens to a friend.

top topics

join