It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to deploy 2 army brigades in Arctic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This seemed noteworthy to post. Two brigades is a rather hefty statement. Is this really only about oil? This conjures speculation regarding other conspiracies such as the US telescope, Hollow Earth, and others.

Russia to deploy 2 army brigades in Arctic

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherSon

Thanks for the info, but something like "Breaking Alternative News" might have been better than the Area 51 forum...
Just saying

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
can't wait to see what the US will do, or maybe nothing as your bankrupt, strange times indeed

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well they did recently plant their flag at the bottom of the ocean their and claimed it as part of Russia.

They do have sub bases up there however so it's not like they have to build anything for the brigades..I'll research this a bit deeper and see if I can find more information.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherSon

Wasn't hitler interested in the arctic?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

I ran a search for duplicate posts and found this forum. I thought it would find folks interested in "Other Facilities."

Mods, please move to appropriate forum.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here's some more info on it:

news.xinhuanet.com...

It appears they just want forces in the area to counterbalance any the western powers might put up there.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Yes, Hitler did have a presence there as did the US under Admiral Byrd.

I think I have my poles shifted though. Oops
edit on 1-7-2011 by AnotherSon because: wrong pole

edit on 1-7-2011 by AnotherSon because: Admiral Byrd link

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Don't forget that we have been there before. We were at war with Russian from 1918-1920 in Siberia but withdrew.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
God what an awfull place to fight a war, can you imagine chipping ice trenches? Seems to me it would be awfully expensive to maintain two brigades in that enviroment.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The time is now, it looks like Russia are the first ones to be making their move to the north pole hole, I mean Canada could have done it but we wouldn't want war now would we, I guess if I was to go jump inside the whole I'll be dead before I reach the north pole cause of their military that must be set up for protection

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Don't worry N.O.R.A.D has us covered. And if anything happen's they immediatelly assume Comand and Control of ALL Norad airspace.

So ya don't worry.

(Brought too you by the same guys who were told to stand down its only a drill.)

Lets hope they can now tell the difference.

Me.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What if Hitler is alive, kept by the alien technology alive? You know the story that he killed himself in a bunker is not true. Maybe he's hiding Untergrund xD

And the Russians after after him.

new topics

top topics

join