It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JFK Turtle Update: Pilots Patiently Wait For Turtles To Pass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

JFK Turtle Update: Pilots Patiently Wait For Turtles To Pass

gothamist.com

The adorable turtle-induced delays at JFK yesterday now have a soundtrack, as audio has emerged from dozens of chattering pilots stranded on the runway by the little critters. And none of the very official-sounding officers wish to rush the little critters along.

"British Airways reported a turtle in the vicinity of kilo and kilo charlie heading towards the runway," crackles one report, while "Tower, Car 97 is clear, four turtles removed." All told, over 200 turtles were removed from the runway.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Love it, simply love, how modern technology can fall to its knees and there is no way around it. Kneel before my turtle you evil bird of metal....

Have a nice day :-)

gothamist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ha ha

Sounded like the Invasion of the Turtles.......... Pilots reporting them all over.....

Did Car 97 collect them and ''re-home'' them or just chuck them over the fence !!

PDUK

Quality 'PIPE' by the way !!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
Ha ha

Sounded like the Invasion of the Turtles.......... Pilots reporting them all over.....

Did Car 97 collect them and ''re-home'' them or just chuck them over the fence !!

PDUK

Quality 'PIPE' by the way !!

Yeah, although i was expecting them to scramble a squadron of F16's and several Apache 's to the area....you never know these turtles could suddenly over run the entire state....better to be safe than sorry....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Run over the turtles then they wont come back? I fail to see how this is breaking news.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

problay that 100s of lights were delayed and all these delays were caused by turtles of all things? if you were flying some where and wanted to know why u were waiting so long u could figure it out

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Yes but why are we stopping for turtles? Run them over? Do we stop for ants? Scorpions? Spiders? Birds? Rabbits? Whats so special about turtles...?
edit on 1-7-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Yes but why are we stopping for turtles? Run them over? Do we stop for ants? Scorpions? Spiders? Birds? Rabbits? Whats so special about turtles...?
edit on 1-7-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

Order of the Turtles maybe, who know's eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
don't mess with the turtles dudes... this is a warning...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Nice post, made me smile, then read the evil metal bird part which made me laugh. I kept reading the responses which Then made me a little sad. Thinking of life as "something in our way" is a sad place to be. I think the point is that when we Can give the "right of way", we should. Who knows, maybe the Giant Turtle that carries Earth on her back will turn around and bite us pesky mites in the ass someday.

Im still trying to work off my childhood bad karma from "frog baseball," I'd hate to add the "turtle toss" at my age.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemdog
Nice post, made me smile, then read the evil metal bird part which made me laugh. I kept reading the responses which Then made me a little sad. Thinking of life as "something in our way" is a sad place to be. I think the point is that when we Can give the "right of way", we should. Who knows, maybe the Giant Turtle that carries Earth on her back will turn around and bite us pesky mites in the ass someday.

Im still trying to work off my childhood bad karma from "frog baseball," I'd hate to add the "turtle toss" at my age.

incredible, you have described my exact responses to this thread when i decided to post it and then after the responses begun coming in i was like
, guys its turtle's, i mean has the pace of life distanced everyone so much that you can no longer see or read between the lines of the thread, evidently those who typed, run it over are consumed in the rat race of modern society and humble things within nature go effortlessly by and lost in time with no chance of ever returning. People should grasp and think of such incidents and realize that earth is our host and we are merely on rental time here.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
don't mess with the turtles dudes... this is a warning...

If I was Proffessor Farnsworth, I would land the Planet Express on top of the turtles and then say

"Good new's everyone! Turtle soup!"

top topics

join