It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions through Film and Television'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yes we enjoy their messages as they are in charge of the microphone.
And there would be as much impact to stop them as a voice shouting in the desert.

We have been told zero truth about these mysterious flying machines.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
We have been told zero truth about these mysterious flying machines.

T+L, we're certainly in agreement on that point mate.. that is assuming certain individuals are actualy aware of what the true nature of these objects actualy are. I found all the submerged reports in SkyFloating's USO Research thread to be extremely compelling and there are also some cases listed here which have some pretty intriguing aspects to them like multiple radar correlation, electromagnetic interference effects, ground trace evidence, government documentary evidence, separately located witnesses etc.. I also think it's pretty much established that 'actual unknown' cases do exist and there are some incredibly puzzling UFO incidents out there - it's just what the objects actualy are that's the big question.
Cheers.
edit on 27-1-2013 by karl 12 because: Fix link

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
George Knapp and Terry Hansen discuss the corporate media's role in covering UFO subject - part 1 of 4:

Coast To Coast AM - 26.8.2011 - 1/4 - UFOs & the Media

Filling in for George Noory, George Knapp welcomed journalist Terry Hansen for a discussion on the media's role in covering UFO phenomenon. Hansen said he became interested in the topic when he noticed a gulf between what happens in the real world and the way in which national news organizations portray or ignore certain events.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Detective Constable Gary Heseltine from PRUFOS discussing UFOs and the treatment the subject receives from the coporate media in the UK:

Video Link

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sorry I missed this thread when it was origianally posted, but glad I found it now. As usual a wealth of information in just a page and a half. I always look forward to your posts Karl12, thanks again. Printing it all out now for a good read on this drizzly, blustey day which is (fortunatly) uncommon here in SoCal...

I think the government cover-ups or lame attempts at force-fit debunks tells more than lights in the sky videos...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf
I think the government cover-ups or lame attempts at force-fit debunks tells more than lights in the sky videos...

Hey buddy, thanks for the kind words and I couldn´t agree more with your comments about ´force-fit debunks´ - it´s been said before but when it comes to ´official´ UFO explanations, I realy do wonder just how stupid the USAF think people actualy are - here are some relevant examples for those who haven´t seen them:

USAF "force fit" debunks

Cheers mate.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Anybody interested more in Terry Hansens work, here's an interesting lecture:

edit on 8-11-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

If you have probs with this link, watch here : www.youtube.com.../search/1/VD7ewtykM98
edit on 8-11-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Anybody interested more in Terry Hansens work, here's an interesting lecture:

Zcustosmorum, many thanks for linking the Terry Hansen video -will certainly be giving that a watch over Christmas whilst eating my turkey sandwiches.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
For those that are interested in this sort of thing, there's a good article below about the 'History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions through Film and Television' and it contains some interesting speculation about certain aspects of the UFO subject, especialy the 'treatment' it receives from the corporate media - there's also some good points made about the work of Major Donald Keyhoe, Walt Disney and Stephen Spielberg, as well as some interesting reading concerning the USAF, the CIA and the Pentagon. This presentation also raises some intriguing questions about media-government collusion, censorship and precision propaganda.

'History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions through Film and Television'

A major new article on the subject on government manipulation of UFO-themed media products is accessible from today as an advance publication for the Spring 2011 issue of 49th Parallel - a journal of North American Studies jointly run through the UK universities of Birmingham and Nottingham.

This is one of only a small handful of articles dealing with UFOs and entertainment-media-control ever to have been published in a peer-reviewed academic journal, and is all the more unusual in that it treats UFOs not as a mere cultural abstraction, but as a real, physical phenomenon of considerable concern to officialdom..

PDF file

Cheers.
edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

tnx for the pdf i gonna read for shure

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tracher999
tnx for the pdf i gonna read for shure

Hey Tracher, no probs mate and that pdf file is certainly worth a look on a rainy day - he makes a few possibly irreverent remarks about organised religion in this clip but comedian George Carlin also makes some excellent points about corporate media coverage of the UFO/UAP subject which is basically the premise of the thread.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey Karl, happy new year, mate! So what is your take on those scientists pushing for a lunar search for possible alien artifacts? Makes one wonder if someone is trying to perhaps set us up for a revelation?

seeker

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

Hey Karl, happy new year, mate! So what is your take on those scientists pushing for a lunar search for possible alien artifacts?

Seeker, Happy New Year to you too mate (although I am a bit late) -I'm all for the lunar search for possible alien artifacts, here's what Carl Sagan had to say about it:

Prof Says Beings From Outer Space Have Visited Earth

Associated Press, November 26, 1962

Excerpt:

"That means that every star, such as our sun, would be visited at least once every million years. In some systems where these beings found life, they would make more frequent visits. There's a strong probability, then, that they have visited earth every few thousand years."
"It is not out of the question that artifacts of these visits still exist or even that some kind of base is maintained, possibly automatically, within the solar system, to provide continuity for successive expeditions."
"Because of weathering and the possibility of detection and interference by the inhabitants of earth it would be preferable not to erect such a base on the earth's surface. The moon seems one reasonable alternative."

link

As for the corporate media and the UFO/UAP subject, Tim Swartz makes some good points in this article:

How the Mainstream Press Avoids UFO Stories”

Some journalists have taken on the challenge of serious UFO investigations. Unfortunately, many have suffered setbacks in their careers as a result of their research. Others have been ignored or permanently ostracized..

link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Great article about the subject from Richard Dolan (sourced by Realtvufos):

Getting Inside Your Head: Media, Mind Control, and Marginalization of UFOs

by Richard M. Dolan

Most people don’t realize that bizarre, unexplained, aerial phenomena go on all the time. This is most definitely not a mere remnant of cold war culture, but as much a part of our world today as it was during the era of so-called flying saucers in the 1950s and 1960s. Normally, not a week goes by without something extraordinary being seen by people somewhere around the globe. Many of these sightings are of high quality, in terms of factual details observed and the caliber of the witnesses. But hardly ever a word on this appears within the mainstream media, in which UFOs appear to be a quaint, cute, and very dead issue.

In fact, mainstream media, and American media in particular, is incapable of handling this issue in a detached way. A very convenient situation, if you’re part of a national security apparatus that has been incapable of dealing with unexplained aerial objects for more than fifty years. Despite the many air space violations and failed attempted intercepts that have taken place over the years, the sum total of media coverage registers a few degrees above Absolute Zero.

It’s a reasonable conclusion that someone is trying to influence your perception of reality.

link

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Is wilfull ignorance about the UFO subject more political than sociological?

There's another interesting research paper below (published in a major academic journal) entitled 'Sovereignty and the UFO' which goes into more detail about UFO denial and a 'prohibition' on taking the subject seriously.

'Sovereignty and the UFO'

UFO denial appears to be as much political as sociological—
more like Galileo’s ideas were political for the Catholic Church than like
the once ridiculed theory of continental drift. In short, considerable work
goes into ignoring UFOs, constituting them as objects only of ridicule and
scorn. To that extent one may speak of a “UFO taboo,” a prohibition in the
authoritative public sphere on taking UFOs seriously, or “thou shalt not try
very hard to find out what UFOs are.”

PDF Link

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That's an eye-opening speech for me. Most of the facts were not new, but I have never seen them put together in a way that makes the CIA propaganda efforts so obvious with respect to UFOs.

edit on 17-2-2012 by cloudyday because: removed political conspiracy ideas

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

That's an eye-opening speech for me. Most of the facts were not new, but I have never seen them put together in a way that makes the CIA propaganda efforts so obvious with respect to UFOs.

Cloudyday, yes the CIA have a bit of a sordid history when it comes to the UFO subject and there's some relevant documents about its involvement with the Robertson panel (and Condon Committee) in this thread:

The Robertson Panel: UFOs and Ridicule

As for Terry Hansen, that presentation is a bit of an eyeopener and he's conducted some pretty extensive research into the subject -here he is discussing the “CSICOP' organisation taken from Robert Hasting's article on the Skeptical Enquirer magazine:

Hansen continues, “CSICOP can accurately be described as a propaganda organization because it does not take anything approaching an objective position regarding UFOs. The organization’s stance is militantly anti-UFO research and it works hard to see that the news media broadcast its views whenever possible. When the subject of UFOs surfaces, either in the news media or any other public forum, CSICOP members turn out rapidly to add their own spin to whatever is being said. Through its ‘Council for Media Integrity’ CSICOP maintains close ties with the editorial staffs of such influential science publications as Scientific American, Nature, and New Scientist. Consequently, it’s not too hard to understand why balanced UFO articles seldom appear in those [magazines].”

link

Cheers.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Good article from the Herald Tribune on the corporate media's treatment of serious UFO research and Michael Morella's recent hack piece in the U.S. News & World Report.

One of the most facile, meaningless, and inhibiting phrases in the lexicon of The Great Taboo — and we see it repeated time and again — is “UFO believers.” The term, with its implication of religious fervor, is often applied by debunkers as a pejorative swipe at researchers and practically anyone else who takes this stuff seriously. But in the hands of the mainstream media, which expeditiously employs the label in what passes for coverage, the damage is difficult to calculate. No doubt, it leaves an enduring cultural imprint.

Buy two gallons of regular unleaded instead

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Okay, I read the pdf in the OP and listened to Terry Hansen's presentation. Interesting. No mention in the pdf of Dark Skies. Seven Days, Roswell (TV series), Roswell (TV movie), Taken, Fight of the Navigator, and probably quite a few others that seem to reside outside the basic premise of the paper, thumbing their noses at any such attittude and efforts on the part of the CIA, USAF, and NASA. Maybe the paper has it right and it's just that some productions won't have any credibility unless people can see that they refuse to be pushed around.

When Sean Connery mentioned on What's My Line? that the British Army had refused to cooperate on The Hill, no problem. That's easy. His word on that was good enough, and it would be diffcult to believe otherwise.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I still do not get how can NASA be involved when they spend billions on all these missions and operations that currently are utterly slow progress in space exploration not to say travel, why would be all the wasted money and time if they realled had access to more advanced technology?

Other than that I see where it goes, and the information is useful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join