It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I can't believe your tiny island still burys people...your running out of space already! start cremating people already and have nice services at the beach or spread the ashes over the english countryside.
The only space a graveyard should be offering now should be the size of a mailbox to store a small memorial stone and something the size of a file cabinet to store ashes should you want it there verses spread out and some various personal effects/pictures/etc (all combo locked)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

No really... You're free to go as you claimed you would. Now you go back on your word and post not once... but twice. If you don't like the thread then simply stay away! I'm not interested in any further circular dialogue with you or reading any more of your strawmen!

This is my last post to you... and you will note that I am a man of my word.

Ciao!

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I haven't read every post, but I'm sure it's been pointed out already that this story is almost 4 years old. www.dailymail.co.uk...

The fact nothing ever came of it just goes to show the anti-muslim propaganda the Daily Mail regularly prints.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I'm from NY and I remember they paved over some very old graves beside a church and made a parking lot there on top of where the gravestones were. I remember being aghast so this is not only the Muslims.

You can't really say "they do this" because everybody does.
If nobody is looking.

Otherwise we would see cemetery markers everywhere.
Where you are standing right now...probably someone is buried underneath it. They don't always make a big to-do about it. You never even know it happens.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
As far as I know the re use of cemeteries is actually a normal practice, what IS the issue here is that the new burial site will be Muslim only, non integration, even in death..

I cremated my Mother (after she died, I put this because there's some odd people in the world), she had never shown a preference and me as non religious thought cremation was the best option, every bit of space on earth counts.

Personally I'd make cremation the sole way at the end of life, those who believe normally believe that souls leave the body anyhow, so the body is a husk.

Sorry to be so down to earth (as it where) but space on Earth does count...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

The truly easiest answer to this sitution is mandate that everyone in England must be cremated at death. That would end all the bickering over who gets buried where. They could all keep their loved one on a book shelf or where ever they want to..

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Personally I'd make cremation the sole way at the end of life, those who believe normally believe that souls leave the body anyhow, so the body is a husk.

Sorry to be so down to earth (as it where) but space on Earth does count...

I agree with you 100%. Cremation is the way to go! Unfortunately many still superstitiously believe that there is no resurrection on judgement day when you burn the body. Being an atheist, resurrection isn't on my list of things to do.

IRM

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

The truly easiest answer to this sitution is mandate that everyone in England must be cremated at death. That would end all the bickering over who gets buried where. They could all keep their loved one on a book shelf or where ever they want to..

Or we can have that Christian Muslim-War we're gunning for.
Let's stop beating around the bush.
Attack Iran, win or lose and get it over with.

Be done with the "look what the heathen Muslims are doing now" threads.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Now that's creepy: digging up old bones for new bones. Might as well advocate CREMATION! It appears there is little land space for the deceased if new land owners decided to do whatever the heck they want. I guess it's okay. Old headstones look creepy anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Thats what the Muslims did to serbs Orthodox and Serb Christian during the war in bosnia in Sarajevo, the Muslims used a bulldozer to remove any Orthodox, Christian Serb or Croatian burials in the cemetery and place it as there own.

As for what happened to the bodies of Orthodox, Christian Serb or Croatian, that is an unknown the bodies were either burned or buried in the lakes.

This what really happened in Sarajevo, i am surprised that this happening in London.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Are they literally asking us to go to war with them? That was a historical site that didn't need a lot of attention!

If the do this, or if they already did it, then there goes a bunch of names of our ancestors out the window and forever forgotten, I don't want that.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I can't believe your tiny island still burys people...your running out of space already! start cremating people already and have nice services at the beach or spread the ashes over the english countryside.
The only space a graveyard should be offering now should be the size of a mailbox to store a small memorial stone and something the size of a file cabinet to store ashes should you want it there verses spread out and some various personal effects/pictures/etc (all combo locked)

Burying the dead is a tradition that pre dates judean ....Christian/ Roman colonisation in Britain....I guess old habits die hard.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think this is a lot of noise about nothing.
Graveyards are being taken over for car parks, shopping centres, etc, all the time.
It also states that it would be a multi-faith cemetary, but due to there being a large Muslem community in the area, there would be alot of Muslems burried there, geddit? Cos they live in that area!!! Most people get burried in the area where they lived.
This isn't about Islamification, it's about finding somewhere to dispose of corpses.

I'm more concerned that they're gonna destroy a nature reserve.
At the end of the day, the dead bodies won't give a crap about it.
The eco system there will give a crap.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It is a peaceful resting place for 350,000 souls

pretty stupid author considering if there even is a soul, it is definitely not gonna still be in a body after death

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Burying the dead is a tradition that pre dates judean ....Christian/ Roman colonisation in Britain....I guess old habits die hard.

I think most people are cremated nowadays in the UK.
Burial is too expensive.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
I think this is a lot of noise about nothing.
Graveyards are being taken over for car parks, shopping centres, etc, all the time.
It also states that it would be a multi-faith cemetary, but due to there being a large Muslem community in the area, there would be alot of Muslems burried there, geddit? Cos they live in that area!!! Most people get burried in the area where they lived.
This isn't about Islamification, it's about finding somewhere to dispose of corpses.

I'm more concerned that they're gonna destroy a nature reserve.
At the end of the day, the dead bodies won't give a crap about it.
The eco system there will give a crap.

I agree, I've already said as you have about the reuse of cemeteries being quite the norm, its done on a regular scale all over the world. What annoys me about cemeteries is that even in death you get buried in a 'section' aligned by faith, even in death people remain divided.

And yes, the destruction of the eco system is a serious concern...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

creamation would be the way to go but I beleive that islam does not allow it. But if it was the law they would just have to fly everyone back to the middle east to bury them within 24 hours.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by TheUniverse

No really... You're free to go as you claimed you would. Now you go back on your word and post not once... but twice. If you don't like the thread then simply stay away! I'm not interested in any further circular dialogue with you or reading any more of your strawmen!

The only circular Dialogue is your own You're the OP yet you ignore the Facts.

Deny Ignorance

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wikipedia- London Borough of Tower Hamlets- Demographics

The main religious groups are Christians (38.6%) and Muslims (36.4%).[28] The Muslim proportion of the borough's population is the largest out of all local authorities in England and Wales.

You scape-goat Muslims for you're Thread to garner attention and stars.

You needed something that was attention Grabbing.

But plans are afoot to dig up the ancient graves at Tower Hamlets Cemetery - and reopen it as a 21st century burial site. Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

Even in your original OP source it says so the author seemed to have the same Idea's as you though Pin the desecration of 350,000 Graves on the Muslims.

When Clearly there will be made room graves for all Religions, And Ethnic groups.

You needed a scape-goat and i exposed you. So you avoid replying...

Fair Enough

But i see through Infra-Red Man

I do not like the fact that they are desecrating a grave site

But that is not right to scape-goat a race/religion for such a thing when the Grave-site is being cleared or could have been cleared for all Race/Religions/Ethnic Groups

That is just appalling and shows that you presented skewed and jaded information towards your own agenda.

But plans are afoot to dig up the ancient graves at Tower Hamlets Cemetery - and reopen it as a 21st century burial site. Officially it would be known as a "multi-faith" cemetery but it is likely that it would principally answer calls for a moslem graveyard in the largely-Asian East London borough.

edit on 2-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Yes Bad news. Totally agree with you here . The Brits will need to employ all their hindu population to get ideas as how to stand up to the insidious muslim take over. This is just so very typical of how they go into any country and desecrate its sacred sites. Just ask any Indian . They have been victims of Islamist offensive behaviour for many hundreds of years .

The Indian hindus should start a thread showing how this was done in India and the lost of very ancient sites there that the mogal empors built mosques over top of . The site of Lord Rama being the most contenious then the birth site of Lord Krishna had a mosque built on top of it .

The strange part is that the British have not been conquered by the muslim invader as the India motherland was yet the British invite the muslim to destroy their sacred sites and ancient burial grounds are always considered scared site by all cultures .

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by davesmart

. The whole idea is to systematically whittle away at the culture and heritage of the host country and replace it with their own. There can be no real compromise between two cultures that are so fundamentally different. Like fire and water...

IRM
edit on 1/7/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

Wait....isn't that what White culture has been doing for the past few hundred years?!......Oh but that was different I guess....We had the means to get away with it!

Dear God, this is a local issue, about someone doing something stupid...it's not some organized plot! I really wish people would stop spreading such bigoted doctrine trying to demonize the Race that's the flavor of the month (or century as it may be....not too long ago it was the Jews being demonized for everything)

PS I don't bring up crimes of my White Ancestors because I think they are relevant to today..(That was done by people connected to me by no other reason than my Race. Just as this graveyard scandal is being perpetrated by someone who is connected to his people, only by the color of his skin)... I only bring them up because it shows the short of extraordinarily short memory,and attention span people have when they succumb to bigotry and ignorance.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join