It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The OP must know that the reverse happened to other parts of the world.

What's known as Haw Par Villa in Singapore, WAS A FORMER OLD MUSLIM CEMETERY. At present, Haw Par Villa is a PAID theme park showcasing the afterlife of Chinese beliefs. The protests by Muslims and Nationalists were silenced decades ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes i know its an old story but,,,,,,,

Thats why im getting cremated and not buried. Because when we are buried we have no say in what happens to our graves in the future.
When I die, I will donate my organs to the needy and what ever is left will be cremated and i will have my ashes thrown to the wind and the ocean.
This will save space for the future generations and maybe a few lives too.
And this will stop some silly debates about whom gets buried where and why and are they worthy enough, it will stop a future public official literally walking over my grave and deciding what they will do with it.
And better still, it would stop those archaeologist in the future from digging me up probing my butt to see what i ate last

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
But OP appears to be beating a dead horse unless we can find any updates about what actually happened

Yes.. as I said on page one, though the link I was given is only a couple of days old, it appears to be sourced from an older story. However it can be considered an insight into the gradual Islamisation of the UK and the methods used to achieve it. I have posted extra information about the current state of Tower Hamlets.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you read the recent story, it puts their cemetery agenda into perspective. I can only laugh at the apologists who come into this thread to call me ignorant or hater. Clearly they haven't read the extra article I posted on page 2. I suggest that anyone who hasn't read it to go back and do so... from start to finish!

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisdomnotemotion
The OP must know that the reverse happened to other parts of the world.

What's known as Haw Par Villa in Singapore, WAS A FORMER OLD MUSLIM CEMETERY. At present, Haw Par Villa is a PAID theme park showcasing the afterlife of Chinese beliefs. The protests by Muslims and Nationalists were silenced decades ago.

I really don't care for that strawman. It has nothing to do with the islamisation of the west, nor does it have anything to do with muslims wanting to exhume our ancestors so they can bury their own. As I said in my op. Building their temples over another cultures is how they roll. They have nothing but contempt for anything non muslim.

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hold on here. Something like this is going to have and OBVIOUS and probably intended reaction by the public. That particular group of Muslims are now the most unpopular and the perfect fall guys for a "terrorist" attack in London.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Yes you're right they will be assimilated, we are somewhat like the Borg in that respect. However as far as I'm concerned immigration needs to be taken right in hand now before it damages both the country, our youth's future.Duncan Smith has said something I agree with.

I'd raise an issue with you, how do you know I am not native to this country? There were people living in Britain before it was turned into an island by the flooding of the North Sea and Channel. en.wikipedia.org... the North sea and Channel.

You may be aware of the above link its interesting in that the dna of a man whom had died 9000 years ago in Cheddar was related to a local teacher there. I don't think you can raise the 'we are all immigrants at some time' quite so generally when lineage can be traced back that length of time.

I would say though that immigration brings in fresh genes and vitality into a culture, there will be bumps but I think Britain manages her bumps incredibly well. The difficulty comes where you get immigrants with a superior and separatist view of life, expecting special treatment such as special grave yards. 350,000 British graves is a very large number and a huge job, it won't be dealt with quickly and this is the sort of expensive, highly emotive and inflammatory action people will see as both challenging and disrespectful. Where are you also going to bury local non Muslim now certainly not next to their ancestors? That man who has suggested this will need to be very polite and careful, if he's arrogant in any way this is the type of thing that would bring our immigration problems to a nasty head.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Local Authorities Cemetries Order 1977

Is this 34 year old piece of legislation a part of the Muslim agenda ?

This order extinguishes ownership of graves after a 75 year period. Life in a crowded city ......

A Survey of London`s Burial Space Needs begun in April 1996, commissioned by the London Planning Advisory Committee (LPAC) " concluded that burial space in Inner London is extremely limited (less than 10 years' space remaining). "

Now if the Tower Hamlets Cemetery is situated in a largely-Asian East London borough and London is extremely limited for cemetery space and contemplating reusing 75 year+ burial grounds..... it stands to reason that should this 33 acre site be reconsecrated- Muslims will be buried there.

Your article `Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site`
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... is dated 12 October 2007

Flash forward to 2011 - what's happening with the Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park .....

1st Sunday of the month, 10am - 4pm Practical nature conservation project (5th Jun, 3rd Jul, 7th Aug. )

1st Thursday of the Month, 7:30pm - 9:30pm Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park committee meeting - (2nd Jun, 7th Jul, 4th Aug. )

2nd Sunday of the month, 2pm - 4pm Grave research- (12th Jun, 10th Jul, 14th Aug. )

3rd Saturday of the month, 10:30am - 12:30pm Bow Beasties wildlife watch club, (18th Jun, 16th Jul, 20th Aug. )

3rd Sunday of the month, 2pm - 4pm Guided Walk – (19th Jun, 17th Jul, 21st Aug. )

Courtesy of Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park

----------

Muslim Agenda ...

_____

There are numerous serious issues surrounding the Muslim faith - without you having to go and invent more.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
just a couple of points on this :

first - the " dignity " of the place , the site is 33 acres and allegedly contains 350000 bodies - you do the maths for grave density
thats excluding ` dead ` ground < pun intended > for buildings roads and paths

lastly , i am nore concerned by the proposed loss of yet another important inner city green space , than any other argument presented

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Not that I support ANY grave site being overturned... How is removing one graveyard to make way for another "islamization"?

Why can't the Muslims bury their dead in the same place they plan to move THESE bodies? Digging up dead of one religion in favor of another religion is wrong. In this case, it would be "Islamization".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

Thanks for reaffirming just how old the story in the OP is, tho I see he has moved onto another, more recent story..and not the one I expected either. Maybe later lol
..remember when ATS preferred fact over rhetoric...

Still a Tragedy none-the-less; it makes me sick thinking about it

The Cemetary Park is still there as it has been for the last 170 yrs...its now a Local Nature Reserve. The burial ground was deconscreted in 1966 and it would require an Act of Parliament to reconsecrate the ground.

The locals are pretty good at voicing discontent over the development of their local green areas. They are currently fighting off a plan by a water company to nick part of a different park/ recreational area for use in a sewer development...not sure that ppl coming together in Tower Hamlets is the image the OP would like to project tho.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by TheUniverse
But OP appears to be beating a dead horse unless we can find any updates about what actually happened

Yes.. as I said on page one, though the link I was given is only a couple of days old, it appears to be sourced from an older story. However it can be considered an insight into the gradual Islamisation of the UK and the methods used to achieve it. I have posted extra information about the current state of Tower Hamlets.

Ok First off my post/link was dated back to 2007 your post was dated to only 2009

So don't try to mix things up here i posted am topic that was dated back to 2007 your source is later don't mix things up here buddy. I was only adding that this was definitely a topic from a long time ago you're recent source doesn't really add much

And nowhere in your source linked does it add any further information about the Grave yard and the exhumation of 350,000 bodies itself.

You are spreading propaganda and fear mongering Islamophobia.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

When you read the recent story, it puts their cemetery agenda into perspective. I can only laugh at the apologists who come into this thread to call me ignorant or hater. Clearly they haven't read the extra article I posted on page 2. I suggest that anyone who hasn't read it to go back and do so... from start to finish!

Ok again i never was an apologists to anything and didn't really take sides but i can see how you're skewing information here. In the article you sourced nowhere does it speak about the grave yard and exhumation.

I never choose any sides was just simply showing that you're beating a dead horse

You're beating a dead horse

Unless you can come up with newer a source related to the topic in the OP

I surmise we will not hear from the OP again since he has been proven to be a fear monger and biased
edit on 1-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

The Article clearly says only a corner of the Graveyard will be for Muslim Grave sites

He said a corner of the cemetery would be reserved for Muslims who are buried in shrouds at a depth of 6ft and on their side facing Mecca. By law, any graves more than 75 years old can be removed.

The OP is biased and Skewing Information

He is Biased And i'd be surprised if he posts in the thread again

edit on 1-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Actually, that's one of the few truly offensive pieces here. That corner they are talking about is not some hypothetical area that they are planning to designate for Muslim burials. That corner already exists. They are saying that they want to save that corner, and tear down all the rest.

That's the one and only racist part of this entire story. The OP and legions of Islam-haters are trying to weave this graveyard desecration into some ridiculous "Muslims are taking over England!!" context. Forget religion. This is a historic site that should be preserved. When you start yelling about Islam, you are missing the point.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Would they allow people to do this to their grave sites? No!

So why does everyone have to do everything the muslims want....

this isn't an islamic world !!!!! It's a balanced multinational multicultural world...

They want everyone to do what they want without having to do anything anybody else wants.

And those in charge LET THEM !!!!

Once again....we are a dumb planet....

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That's not what I said. I want to know why the Muslims simply can't bury their dead at the location they want these people who are ALREADY buried moved? It seems like more work than what it's worth. Just bury the dead Muslims at the NEW location!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It is of grave concern that the dead can be raised and then buried again. This whole episode stinks and should be stopped dead in it's tracks before the rot sets in.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Actually, that's one of the few truly offensive pieces here.

Are you saying my statement is offensive? I'm assuming so, since you replied to a thread by "TheUniverse" which was a reply to me. If so, explain why ANYTHING in my post is offensive. In fact, report it. I don't think the mods would remove it. In fact, I'll report it, and see what they think. Here's what I wrote.

Why can't the Muslims bury their dead in the same place they plan to move THESE bodies? Digging up dead of one religion in favor of another religion is wrong. In this case, it would be "Islamization".

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Read the latest report on the Tower Hamlets. Clearly you have had more than one chance to read them yet you appear to have an aversion to doing so... but obviously none to regurgitating things that have already been said in this thread more than once. I wonder why that is?

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As Kilgore Trout said earlier, the sanctity of graves has long been compromised by economic considerations. I don't know exactly how many cemetaries in Britain have been excavated for conventional development rather than more burials but it's a lot, and the practice has been most employed in London.
Which is the more offensive, excavating cemetaries for property or for further use as cemetaries? The former I would think, but this seems to have been forgotten or overlooked by the objectors in this case.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
“Islamic sensitivities” is caricature, yes? I chuckled.

I try and not brood too much over Western civilizations’ relinquishment of heritage & culture to diametric cultures. Not from a position of political correctness, but from a realization that the Left’s (the facilitators of cultural invasion) weakness of mind & spirit is partially the fault of conservatives & ergo the result of my own inaction (albeit small inaction) within borders I call home. In what sense do I mean this? I sumbit that Leftists are not up to the task of leading nor fully understand the subtleties of leadership. In this sense Conservatives have failed Leftists and their respective constituents by virute of their failure to lead.

Somewhere along the way Conservatives hid behind a rock or a canvass or whatever & allowed that their own culture was evil … or something; & the ongoing state of affairs reflects that bit of extended quietude. Now the effects of such quietude reveal itself once again in the case that Brits may possibly be uprooted from their resting place to house foreigners whose own cultural and religious center of gravity (e.g. Saudi Arabia) would shun entirely the very same notion: uprooting its own people to bury foreigners.

I am not British; nevertheless, this is bunk. Not what you’ve spelled out (what you've spelled out is very well put from my point of view), but that the English proper may bend to this travesty.

Here is a bumper sticker theme: If Islam is so great, then why do they immigrate?

Naysayer Post Script: I am not with the politically correct camp. Deal with it.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Axebo because: added (the facilitators of cultural invasion)

edit on 2-7-2011 by Axebo because: ...

edit on 2-7-2011 by Axebo because: more ...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join