It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

It appears your reading and comprehension skills are selective at best.

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
this is why my country makes me sick!! we bow to these muslims in everyway but as soon as summat dont go their way their up in arms about it,

its not enough that your buying all the churches thes wanna dig up our ancesters aswell

well bring on a new crusade i say

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
On top of this they also are replacing churches with mosques....which i call colonization.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
woah wait a sec.. they are actually talking about doing this?

Please tell me this is some type of internet hoax..

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yes! Abdal Ullah calls it "multi-faith" because he himself is not sure who will win WW3... It could be a graveyard for either the British Nationalists or Muslim Radicals. It will be filled very quickly in any case.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I really dont see this happening in the UK without mass riots causing a lot of bloodshed to the Muslims in the UK. This is Islam, they dont respect anyone and will always try to impose their will on nations that they have no right to even breath in let alone tell people how things should be.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
who the hell do they think they are?

That is desicration. Unbelievable. I am 100% against this, if this happens, I will go take a giant dump in that place!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Why do you people in the UK put up with there evil muzzie crap . I say if the plan goes through then take your ancestors and strap a bomb to them and blow up the new Muslim graves , kinda like post mortem jihad . Boy that will put a new twist on things won't it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

not a good idea to dig up dead bodies. you don't know if any of them may have died of plague, cholora, ect.
and what about the dignity of the people who are currently buried there? if i had a family member buried there, i'd be mad as hell.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
It's time to just accept that the world has become insane. Instead of seeing every new instance as a separate event, just realize that common sense and sanilty are dead. That's what I do.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Godsontoo

i wonder what would happen if someone doused the area in pigs blood. would it make it unfit for muslims? i dunno.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
What ever happened to respect, dignity and honor? Oh wait pecan sandies don't know what those words mean.

link   
my opinion on this?

Let the Dead Rest.

older cemeteries are cool as hell to walk through. they are a literal time capsule and i like checking dates on tombstones and wondering what like was life was like for the intered(sp?).

link   
Why dont they leave the bodies where they are?

And bury the "multi faith" bodies in the local dog park right under the sand pit!!

Another Abdullah - terrorist in disguise!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Godsontoo

i dont no why we take it m8, cause our #e goverment licks the E.U arse and all these human rights they say we breach if we deport them this just does not apply to muslims

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It is standard practice to remove old graves to make way for new ones. Only very rich people have, historically, been able to afford permanent, ever lasting memorials, and most of those are usually fiddled with in one way or another, sooner or later. It is not desecration, it is merely getting rid of the old to make way for the new, and there, in that particular borough, the demand is greater for grave space of Muslims than it is for any other faith. The only untouched graveyards are village ones where demand for space is low. Check out the monumental mason's yard that you will find at the back of most cemetaries in the a major conurbations, and you will find piles and piles of grave markers that have been cleared to allow for fresh ones.

There is a great short story by Milan Kundera about this, set in Prague of course, but the same principle. It is normal. Commonplace. The only reason for the knee jerk reaction is because the Muslim angle is being pipped. This is not news it is hate mongering.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
There is a saying that some wines don't travel. That can be applied to some religions too!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
There is a saying that some wines don't travel. That can be applied to some religions too!

I wish it were applied to all, but I respect people's right to choice, and fortunately as a secular country, Britain at least allows for variety. Bigotry, comes and goes with the weather, and is most often accompanied by ignorance, so they can hardly be blamed for not realising that not one of us is indigenous to the Islands. We were all immigrants at one time or another in our heritage. The Muslims that come here will eventually settle in and be assimilated, just like the rest of us have, whether it be a couple of decades ago or a couple of millennia.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

So why do we bother burying our dead at all ? Some of those graves are probably families buried side by side. If anybody here can't see the wrong in digging them up then I'm afraid you need to go skip a few pebbles off the lake and think about your life !

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by joewalker

Yep got a link this story is 4 years old from 2007 here's the link to a forum on the topic I found

Random Forum - London 350,000 Graves could be dug up

Still a Tragedy none-the-less; it makes me sick thinking about it

But OP appears to be beating a dead horse unless we can find any updates about what actually happened
edit on 1-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join