It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger over plan to dig up 350,000 bodies in historic London cemetery for Muslim burial site

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Or you could go somewhere quiet and reflect that you allowed a poster with an agenda and a four year old article wind you up...I hear teh Tower Hamlets Cemetary Park is nice..heres their events page:

www.towerhamletscemetery.org......theres a conservation day this Sunday.

edit on 1-7-2011 by joewalker because: forgot how to link

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

The point I get is that to dig up the remains in a cemetary for the purpose of cleansing the bones out because it isn't politically correct is despicable. What would we have for history if every race and religion in the past had done this practice. I also see no attemept of explaining what they plan to do with the remains. Rebury them, crush them, throw them in the ocean? Why would people of any faith want to bury their own in the sacred ground of another group and faith of people. Not only is that disturbing what many would consider Holy ground but also contaminate the boidies being buried there. Dig up a grave of pigs to make it a Muslim Burial Ground and see the response. This actually would be no difference to many of them. There is only one answer to what is behind such a unholy and dispicable thing is to bring offense to the people, to the culture, and to the religion of the buried there. Let it be a Native American or any other indeginous people of an area and see the outcries from the international community. All that being said this shows how low the leaders of England will go for their 30 pieces of silver.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by joewalker

Though I linked to a new article, I talk about the possibility of it being an older story on page one. Pay attention! The only agenda of this thread is to address the Islamic agenda. Nice try man!

If the Islamic agenda to exhume christians to make way for islamic burials has failed, then that's fantastic. However, if it were the sole choice of the Islamics, I think our man Abdal Ullah has made it quite clear how this would all end. The fact that their agenda may have failed in this instance is not evidence of no agenda.

IRM

edit on 1/7/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If you're going to have a multicultural society, you have to give and take. But respect should also be shown from both sides, meaning that this "multi-faith burial site" should be placed elsewhere. By removing these 350,000 grave sites is disrespectful towards the Britons and should be viewed as contempt in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's a sad shame to hear of such an old cemetery being destroyed but I don't think this has anything to do with religious agenda or the boogieman. It's simply a matter of utilising space.
People require burial and space runs out, happening everywhere not only cities.
When they need more room they remove the graves, lump any remains together up the corner of the cemetery - Sometimes the stones are laid flat- bunched together in their new position or removed completely.
Voila - 3 quarters of the cemetery is now available for more people.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

So youre saying there is nowhere else to open a cemetery near or outside london, lets just destroy a historic cemetery instead.
I'm looking at google earth, there is lots of room for a cemetery in the outlying areas of London
edit on 7/1/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by davesmart

It's probably the same incident, but nonetheless is a true insight into the Islamic agenda within western countries. Islam's history is one of imposing itself upon the significant sites of other peoples. The wanton destruction of Buddhist statues in Afghanistan is a good example. The whole idea is to systematically whittle away at the culture and heritage of the host country and replace it with their own. There can be no real compromise between two cultures that are so fundamentally different. Like fire and water... One will eventually obliterate the other. Islam only lives in 'peace' when it is the minority.

In the meantime, we are asked to 'tolerate' which is just another way of asking us to pretend to love something we essentially despise.

IRM

yes and the rest sit back and let the "very small %" of "nut jobs" do the dirty work.

it's like when i was young, "hey give it to mikey, he'll eat it anything!"

that's why after so many years it's still going on and getting bigger.

the west is not creating more idiots, it's their own getting mikey's to do it and they are making headway now.

lock em all up in the mote in god's eye.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I am a big supporter of letting the dead rest where they lay, then again for myself I'm very superstitious. Ever since the movie Poltergeist I won't go near a grave yard. Not only that it just isn't right don't care what your religion is you deserve to lay at rest how you and your family see fit, not moved because you are an incipience.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
and more....

Tower Hamlets Taliban: Death threats to women who don't wear veils. Gays attacked in the streets. And all in a borough at the heart of Britain's capital...

A Briton from Dorset who converted to Islam in 2009 and renamed himself Salahuddin (the son of teachers), Dart is one of several extremist Muslim preachers operating in the Tower Hamlets area of East London.

This vocal minority, who are causing increasing concern in the area, have lent this corner of the capital a new nickname — the Islamic republic of Tower Hamlets.

Source

It appears that the Tower Hamlets is becoming an Islamic Beachhead... and so, the Islamic desire for the exhumation of christians to make way for a muslim burial site gets drawn into perspective.

But wait... There's more! Sharia inspired violence too!

Recently, it was reported that a 31-year-old Asian woman who works in a local chemist’s had received death threats for refusing to wear a veil, even though she’s not a practising Muslim. Four weeks ago, the woman’s boss was apparently approached by an Asian in his 40s who told him his employee must cover her head and wear longer robes.

‘If she keeps working here and continues to dress like that, we will boycott you because this is a Muslim area,’ the shop’s owner was told.

Subsequently another, younger, Asian man came into the pharmacy and started shouting at the employee.

‘He said: “If you keep doing these things, we will kill you,”’ recalls a Bangladeshi-born man who witnessed the scene.

It is not the first time such death threats have been issued, and nor are they confined to issues of dress and deportment. In behaviour that some have compared to that of the Taliban in Afghanistan, homophobic abuse and physical attacks against gay men and women are also reported to be on the increase.

Those familiar with life in Tower Hamlets are not surprised. They say that such attitudes are commonplace. Residents have grown used to the fact that the council-run libraries are stocked with books and DVDs containing the extremist rantings of banned Islamist preachers.

Source

Please.. no one speak to me of compromise. This is their idea of compromise. To remove anything non Islamic from the area through violent extremism and intolerance of the host countries culture.

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

By law, any graves more than 75 years old can be removed. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This law is ultimately the key factor.

What is an appropriate amount of time before human remains can be removed .... a hundred years ,two hundred , a thousand years ... ???

Getting pissed off because its going to be the resting place of Muslim`s is ridiculous.

Would it be o.k if the graves were removed for Christians, Jews etc. (which also might also be the case )

Do you get my point ?

no, why should they be removed in the first place!

do they need a school or a highway or a hospital?

naw just space for dead muslims.

eta; you know something we don't?
edit on 1-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Suspiria

So youre saying there is nowhere else to open a cemetery near or outside london?

Any spare foot of land and there's a mad rush to build something on it. Cemetery's generally aren't a high priority since after the grave diggers strike it became increasingly popular for people to be cremated instead. Infact I would dare bet most people in the UK are cremated these days.

Anyway, people generally wish to be laid to rest near to where they live. Not miles away. London's a big place you know.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
I am a big supporter of letting the dead rest where they lay...

As am I, not out of religious or superstitious reasons but out of simple respect. These people have led their lives, they're fathers, mothers, sons and daughters. They were someones family. Someones best friend. They've cried, laughed and lived life. Now they rest. If we can't grant them (and ourselves) that simple dignity then we need to re-evaluate how civilized we really are.

Doesn't matter if the buried are Christians, Jew's, Muslims or Atheists. "We've done our time" so to speak.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Infact I would dare bet most people in the UK are cremated these days.

It's the most logical thing to do these days with the costs of funerals and burials, and space at a premium. Perhaps it's time for the muslims to update the way they do things too. Everyone else seems able to progress. So should they! Lets face it, facing Mecca is a flat earth belief system. As everyone knows, we live on a globe and no matter which way you face, you can draw a straight line to any other place on earth.

IRM

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Though I linked to a new article, I talk about the possibility of it being an older story on page one. Pay attention! The only agenda of this thread is to address the Islamic agenda. Nice try man!

The link in your OP just repeats the 2007 Daily Fail report. Nice try man

If the Islamic agenda to exhume christians to make way for islamic burials has failed, then that's fantastic

Yes, its our former graveyards turned wildlife areas 'they' want

However, if it were the sole choice of the Islamics, I think our man Abdal Ullah has made it quite clear how this would all end.

That would be Labour councillor Abdal Ullah...Government policy at the time was (and still maybe) to re use former burial grounds...its quite common practice in Europe and Australia.
I'm more of a cremation fella myself.

The fact that their agenda may have failed in this instance is not evidence of no agenda.

Yep, the government should do more to protect former Burial sites...they are a haven for wildlife and local historians and an assett to the community.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by joewalker

If the Islamic agenda......

So your issue isn`t with the exhumation , rather that it is Muslim remains being interred on the site. Right .

Would these Muslims happen to be British citizens ????

--------

My personally difficulty would be with the law stating that a grave can be removed after 75 years ..... whether that is to accommodate a carpark , road, hospital or a Muslim/ multi-faith cemetery .

Would you be so upset if they removed the remains to develop a nature reserve, to build a carpark etc. If yes, then your issue should be with the law allowing graves to be remove after 75 years - NOT with Muslims.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
It's a sad shame to hear of such an old cemetery being destroyed but I don't think this has anything to do with religious agenda or the boogieman. It's simply a matter of utilising space.
People require burial and space runs out, happening everywhere not only cities.
When they need more room they remove the graves, lump any remains together up the corner of the cemetery - Sometimes the stones are laid flat- bunched together in their new position or removed completely.
Voila - 3 quarters of the cemetery is now available for more people.

hi love your quotes and replys
you are right in that way,
plz dont obe me
nosferatu is still scary lol

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
There is one genocide that I would turn a blind eye too...

plz do tel if its not an ats rule

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The source is a 4 year old news story. I'm struggling to see the point in posting 4 year old news, has there been any recent news regarding this story?

Edit to add: I'm 100% against destroying burial sites, unfortunately this practice is very common, especially in cities where space is relatively tight.
edit on 1-7-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The smells more like greed/corruption than religious pressure.

Someone is trying to get rich.

The descendants of these dead who PAID for their family members to be buried there should ALL be refunded if they exhume their corpses. Let's see.... 350,000 x (What ever burial costs were, plus tombstones, all adjusted for inflation...about $2000) = $700 Million. Fine. As soon as this idiot who proposed this can cough up $700 Million to REFUND to the families, we can get moving forward on the project....

....What's that? Oh, you don't HAVE $700 Million? No problem, let the Muslims bury their dead elsewhere.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join