It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Euro Is Crumbling - SIMPLYFI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I thought I would post this short clip about the Euro currency and problems associated...

Produced by the BBC, it is just over 1 min long and basically explains all you need to know about what is going wrong...........

I do like the way the Euro symbol ORIGINATES from Greece in the first place (epsilon - signifying Stability........ kind of Ironic!!)

www.bbc.co.uk...

To all those 'hardened Economists out there then this is nothing new BUT for the rest who get bored of Economics quickly.... then this is a minute well spent I think in educating yourself....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I created a similar thread last night, I believe the Tories (who would love a reason to levae the Euro) have found their excuse to drum up enough public support to do so with Brussels unrealistic demands of a £100 billion a year budget increase of which the UK would pay £10 billion and an erosion of the £3 billion tax rebate we currently get. If Cameron gets his wish and the UK leaves, Germany will follow suit and the whole system will collapse.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I created a similar thread last night, I believe the Tories (who would love a reason to levae the Euro) have found their excuse to drum up enough public support to do so with Brussels unrealistic demands of a £100 billion a year budget increase of which the UK would pay £10 billion and an erosion of the £3 billion tax rebate we currently get. If Cameron gets his wish and the UK leaves, Germany will follow suit and the whole system will collapse.

Cameron and the Bilderbergs do NOT want to leave EU

The EU is their Empire

Adolfs Hitlers signature started the EEC (European Economic Council) which then gave birth to the EC (European Commission) and then the EU (European Union)

Or as Hitler would say

His United States of Europe

Get ready for ww3 , it's only around the corner.
The last few chess peices in the Middle East are being moved into place by the TPTB

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The dollar is next, it's all very depressing.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

michael1983l

I saw an interview earlier with John Redwood (Spock from a few years ago) and he was discussing this... the fact that the European Union wants countries to operate within their means YET increase contributions to the EU so they can be fiscally stupid....... it does beggar belief really....

In 2005 (?) Tony Blair agrred to remove the UK rebate to the EU in exchange for reform of the CAP (common agricultural policy)..... Did it happen.? NO...... we gave up something and Europe Stuck its fingers up at us and carried on !!!! Great Decision Tony Blair, one of many I think !!!!

michael1983l - I think alot of the General UK population have very short memories (not you I don't think).....

To all you complaining out there about the Tories blah, blah blah take at look at yourselves.....it's actually YOUR fault we are here....

Have a nice day
PDUK

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

its not that simple, we cant just pull out like that. the countries involved in the eu are bound by contracts as it were..
if uk pulled out the whole eu would probably collapse. that wouldnt be allowed to happen because there is so much at stake, certain countries would go under.
whilst it would be easier for us to pull out as we still have our own currency, germany is in the euro so it would be much more complicated for them.
the only way the eu will end is if it comes to a natural end which to be honest, it looks like the writing is already on the wall..
but even then it will take years for everything to return the way it was before the eu..

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Strange how Dominic Strauss Khan has just been released without bail and technically NO charge.............

www.bbc.co.uk...
Ex-IMF head Dominique Strauss-Kahn freed without bail

Were the Americans trying to set him up and unstabilise the Euro zone just take attention away from the Dollar and all it's woes...????

I think so

PDUK
edit on 1-7-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I have been of the opinion for a while that the current instability in both the Euro and US$ is due to an underlying economic war raging between the bankers/corporates in the US and those in Europe with nations like the UK caught in the crossfire (like a rabbit in headlights) and those like China seemingly intent on capitalising on this economic warfare.

But as with anything there are always winners (or profiteers) and in the current weakened state of the Euro the stronger nations like Germany benefit in exports etc.. I honestly wish I knew what the cost (in keeping Greece et al in this situation is) compares with the profits made in exports from the weakened Euro.

At the moment I would hedge my bets that there is more profit to be made from debauching the Euro by keeping the Greeks in the Euro zone than by kicking them out.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Our only hope is that once the Euro is worthless, maybe everyone will convert to US Dollars!!!!!!

Hey, I can hope can't I?

new topics

top topics

join