It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black on black campus violence! (Crazy Video!)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Did you guys see that other video on the same site? They just burned to man alive. I think I have never seen something so cruel in my life.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

i have to agree with this, a good point, i did think yeah but the only time we see our students acting like this is protests, but then i thought hold on most people at a football match are fully grown adults and should know better.

so yeah you have a good point.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Its going down! hopefully they finished up before the police showed up with shotguns.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by MiloNickels
do it. I'd love to see a video of whites acting like this... they are like needles in a haystack!!!

Just search for any footage of football ( soccer
) violence and hooliganism in Europe, and then you'll see hundreds of white people facing off and many of them knocking seven shades of crap out of each other.

All because of the fact that the two groups support different football teams !

I guess it must be in the DNA of white people to act like ''primitive animals'' when it comes to tribal disputes about football ?

edit on 2-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

My point exactly. You CAN'T find whites acting like this within similar contexts. Whites only do stuff like this in two specific contexts: sports (which I don't understand at all) or political activism (which is a noble and respectable reason). It's simply not an every day part of life like it is for blacks--who just do stuff like this across ALL contexts, and for ANY reason they can find--seemingly for fun most of the time (like the "game" "knock out king"--google it). You don't see whites involved giant brawls in burger kings, IHOPS, college cafeterias, beaches, water parks, carnivals, public streets, public schools, looking for random blacks to beat up in the streets, etc.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Eh, it's not a race issue, it's a species issue. We're a violent force on this planet and we tend to attempt to divide it by race when it comes to these incidents.

I hope the racists here on ATS are aware of the Whites not being the kindest of souls and history (as well as current times) show just that.

Enough with the racism on this site. Be civil and respect your fellow species or get the hell off our website that you hijacked.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Alright, I can't be the only one that just busted up laughing as the cops showed up on Segways right?

That was the last thing I expected to see. Priceless.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Someone has to represent stupid I guess it was that mobs turn that day to represent it. It has nothing to do with skin color, it has to do with having principles and morals, you either have them or you dont.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigma91
Alright, I can't be the only one that just busted up laughing as the cops showed up on Segways right?

That was the last thing I expected to see. Priceless.

no you was'nt that made me chuckle to, the students must of been intimadated into stopping, oh no wait the video goes on a bit longer afterwards.

edit on 2-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is pathetic, they're all acting like savages and animals..very primitive behavior, just fueling the stereotype and racism against blacks..these people seriously live in another world, they have no idea what impact on the world this behavior ends up causing.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'm of two minds on stuff like this..

on one hand, it's sad and predictable that every racist and pseudo-racist who sees this thread will come in and offer their hate-filled 2 cents. it confirms what they want to believe about us(I'm black). On the other hand, as a black man, I know my people are filled will self-hatred and same hatred(hatred of other folks that look like you), which is the basis for all the violence, crime, etc, within the black community. We tend to reject the best among us as inauthentic, while celebrating the worst among us as "real". Just yesterday, I was dealing with a brother..mind you, I'm an intelligent, well-spoken man. this dude immediately started in by calling me bougie(pronounced boo-gee), which in slang means, "not really black" or stuck up. he based this on my vocabulary. he even went so far as to assume that I only date white girls(he said so) even though we weren't even talking about women. I've heard this my whole life. I'm not stuck up, I'm just an intelligent black man, and, for that, I've taken a mountain of abuse from my own people(less so from white folks, but they refuse to believe that I grew up in the 'hood, even though I did).

Bottom line: black folks hate themselves, they hate each other, and they express that hatred through violence against each other and everyone else. sad, but demonstrably true. the fact that videos like this are CELEBRATED, in our community, not completely condemned, tells the story.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2388

Originally posted by drsamuelfrancis

My mother told me that if I had nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

But really, this is why I hope Elenin, yellowstone, a nuclear disaster or something else happens to the USA that wipes most (read between the lines) of the population out.

I guess they're just getting back to their "primitave roots", so to speak. That's what they did back in Africa, right? Solve issues with violence? What kind of world do we live in when this kind of thing happens, almost daily, in society.

Is your mother an ignorant, racist coward too?

Checkmate. "Primitive roots?" How much easier is it to spot a brain-dead, uneducated piece of trash than this. I bet you do hope that a disaster strikes, because you are so wise and advanced in your thinking and actions. We should all be like you. Moron.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
IMO, the title invites racial comments. We don't talk about "white on white" violence. Why make the race of the people the main issue? I don't think the OP meant to, but I'm curious about the title since I didn't see that at the link. Why not call it "Caribbean Festival 2011 Violence" or something?

As to the video, it's a brawl. Not only have I seen this before, I was in the middle of one in my youth (white on white).

This kind of display of youth plus testosterone is evident in every part of the world with every race. It is a shame that people can go against other people, but look at what they've been taught. Too many people today think that fighting is the answer. That's because we teach them that.

:shk:
edit on 7/1/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

If I could star your post more, I would.

I didn't even bother watching the video because I have seen so many brawls on youtube and other video sites. The 'black on black' part of the title is really unnecessary. We have had brawls at football matches in the UK for decades and the majority of people fighting are white.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
The same thing happend last year at a local college. Fight broke out in cafeteria with like 8 to 10 people fighting and got caught on video. These people are suppose to be adults. This isn't highschool or jr high. What really had me laughing is the cops rolling in on those silly 2 wheeled scooters or whatever the hell they are called. Thats why the fight didn't get broken up then. Who's going to take you seriously rolling around on those things?

Segway?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eec3fa024e6b.jpg[/atsimg]

Segway-Police-Unit-China

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Do your lowest socio economic classes make it into college in large numbers?

Here thanks to lottery scholarships, they often do. They often fail out before completing their degree, but you have them for at least the freshman year.

I know the UK is not less prone to violence in general, so if it never happens on your college campuses, I would bet its because you have stricter entrance requirements or other barriers that keep the riff raff out. Here in the US, if you have the money, someone will enroll you. Even if you arent college material in any real way.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I certainly understand where you are coming from, but you are aware that the United States still possesses some of the (if not THE) highest quality undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate education in the world right?

Some colleges/universities are better than others, obviously. This is reflected in post-graduate degree seekers, degree types and specialty as well as in the workplace.

I'm sure there were actually plenty of intelligent and capable individuals in that crowd (no sarcasm intended), if not in the fight itself. We've got to remember that the whole world doesn't revolve around one particular set of standards, norms or behavior. Like it or not.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

I'm sure there were actually plenty of intelligent and capable individuals in that crowd (no sarcasm intended), if not in the fight itself. We've got to remember that the whole world doesn't revolve around one particular set of standards, norms or behavior. Like it or not.

Im not saying at all that we dont have good institutions. I think we have some fine schools. My point was only that there are people getting into many of those schools who would not have before lottery scholarships, and since I was getting my degree when lottery scholarships began in New Mexico, I am very aware that the schools got a big influx of a very different type of student when they did.

They dont last long, because you need to maintain a certain GPA to keep the scholarship, and in some cases, the students were being pushed through high school to make it look like their high schools were performing better than they actually were. In a good college, very few professors will lower their grading criteria just to pass students. But it happens a lot in high school. Unfortunately for those kids, when they get to college, they are woefully unprepared, and they fail out rather quickly.

Its possible that a few of those kids were truly college worthy. In general, however, serious students dont act that way on campus. Not even in high school.

edit on 2-7-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Very valid points. I think it's also relevant to note that these are young kids (18 to roughly 22), most likely fueled by alcohol. I've seen plenty of frat boys at 90% Caucasian universities act in the same manner. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure there were at least 100 people crowded around the block cheering it on. This was over the course of visiting my friends in school while I was home on leave.

I'm actually enrolled in Virginia's largest (maybe 2nd largest) public university since discharging last year. Figured I might as well get some useful civilian education so I can provide for the family well into the future comfortably. This school admits quite a few individuals like those of which you speak. I've seen the same young dude who gave a brilliant and stimulating presentation with new and intelligent ideas outside acting like along the lines of these idiots (minus the drawn out mini-boxing matches). The culture these young men and women come from is far different from your average college student's. Many of the same racist things (not implying you have said such things) said in this thread could be applied to low-class minority neighborhood life. It's a different world from what many consider normal.

Young drunk college kids rarely display rational and intelligent behavior when celebrating as it seems the entire campus was. I'm wondering if this was a rivalry sports game between different colleges/universities. If that's the case I've seen stuff at WVU games that put these men and women to shame. I'm talking beer bottles hucked at children for wearing the opposing team's jersey. Young kids actually. I'm sure the same people will sober up and either graduate or go back to their 9-5's the following Monday.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto

Very valid points. I think it's also relevant to note that these are young kids (18 to roughly 22), most likely fueled by alcohol. I've seen plenty of frat boys at 90% Caucasian universities act in the same manner.

It is relevant, and you are right, frat boys are the more normal group that behaves kinda like this. And I say kinda not because they dont do the exact same behaviors, or worse even, but because they dont do them in ways that will get them expelled. (ie, they tend to do it out of the light of day and off campus at frat houses, or in the student ghetto, not on campus in broad daylight.)

I would never argue that there arent people who are traditional "college material" who are aggressive jerks. Absolutely there are. I also would never argue its a race issue. But the middle and upper class jerks tend to be well versed in how to keep their bad behavior behind the scenes enough that it doesnt affect their careers or grades. The video makes it look like an open brawl on campus in broad daylight on a school day, and while that is something you see in poor high schools all the time, its not something common on college campuses.

The better off and well educated learn how to conceal their bad behavior, but the lower socio economic classes often dont learn that little skill of keeping their nastiness in the closet. They just put it all out there for everyone to see, and its used against them.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
First of all I apologize for not responding to this thread earlier. I just got back from a week long trip and I wish I had a chance to reply earlier.

In any case, let me first state that most of you are incorrect in many of your assertions or assumptions about this topic. I would not want to go too deep into my statement above but I would state that (1) the title of this thread is totally inappropriate and needs to be changed and (2) the fight you see in the video has nothing at all to do with Howard University students.

FACTS

1. The people you see fighting/rioting in the video are NOT Howard University students

2. The DC Caribbean Carnival attract anywhere from 500,000 to 1 million plus people annually. Georgia Avenue, coincidentally where Howard University is, hosts this annual carnival and has been doing this for close to 10 years.

3. There has NEVER been any violent act or mob scene at the DC Carnival as you witnessed prior to this year's incident.

4. Approx. 90% of the people attending the DC Carnival are either West Indian nationals or have ties to the Caribbean and surrounding nations.

5. The other 10% attending are either locals or sightseers.

6. The people involved in the fight are from 2 known DC gangs, who have no real ties to the Carnival, Howard University or anything at all in general to do with the Carnival. They just happened to take their fight into the street and unfortunately spilled over and into the Carnival and marred this successful event.

7. BTW, Caribbean Carnivals are held annually around the world in places such as DC, Boston, Miami, NY (biggest one attracting 2 million plus folks), Canada, etc. For the most part, due to the large number turn-outs, there are some incidents of people falling and hurting themselves, etc but nothing of the sort as seen in the videos.

8. I happen to live approx 1 hr from DC. I have attended most of the carnivals in DC over the years but happened to miss this one.

CONSPIRACY THEORY

You all know I couldn't leave this thread without a little conspiracy theory, could you?

Well, many folks I talk to seem to believe there is some sort of government push to move the DC Carnival out from the Georgia Ave area and into a place such as Constitution Ave, NW. They tried that several years ago but the effort failed massively.

Why move? Big business and more affluent young, white folks are moving into DC rapidly, especially in that Georgia Ave corridor. Some people believe the fight was actually staged to help justify not funding future carnivals in that area. I don't necessarily believe that but where there is smoke, there usually is fire.

Something to think about.

I welcome all comments.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonseeker

Lets sweep under the rug, the true cause of this self-hatred.

People just don't wake up in the morning hating themselves. Self-hatred is a gradual process.

There is a cause for everything.

These causes can be traced back to Slavery, then to the civil rights movement with the assassination of the two greatest AA leaders to walk the Americas.

AA's needed a leader. All through European history, we see leaders stand up and guide their people to the promise land. People all through history.

But the AA's did not have one when they needed it, and the MINUTE they got it... and when the government or the white power structure of that day, saw these two leaders uniting and gaining more universal appeal, they took them DOWN, leaving the AA's back in the wilderness.

AA's need leadership and still do... we had it with two strong figures....HAD.

edit on 3-7-2011 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join