It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Has Finally Become Dick Cheney

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Because anarchy is an idiotic, fundamentally flawed ideal, which would leave most people up # creek without a paddle, and would regress human civilisation by about 10,000 years.

Just because governments are corrupt doesn't mean that a knee-jerk alternative should be mindlessly supported. Remodelling the current governmental structure is infinitely preferable to reverting to the ''Law of the Jungle'' way of living. Most self-proclaimed ''anarchists'' would run a mile if they had to live in their fantasy ''every man for himself'' society, and would soon be begging for someone to step in and help them in their new unsecure, lawless reality.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Please explain to me what is idiotic with being responsible for your own actions, allowing each and every person the right to life, liberty and property. Or is this some knee jerk reaction to the MSM's interpretation of anarchy? I'm sorry but I really don't think you have a clue as to what anarchy is. try doing a bit of research before getting on your high horse about the need for government.

Government hinders progress by its very nature. patents, copyrights and intellectual property are government granted monopolies that prevents us from truely advancing as a civilization.

Unless you actually work for the government, you spend 90% of your life living in anarchy, its that 10% that you dont that is the problem, and for such a small percentage, it sure as hell does a lot of damage

And if you believe that I have some mindless support for an idea as to how people can live together you are one judgemental uninformed F$%^
edit on 1-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by NuroSlam
when will you people embrace anarchy and put an end once and for all to the slave masters known a government?

Because anarchy is an idiotic, fundamentally flawed ideal, which would leave most people up # creek without a paddle, and would regress human civilisation by about 10,000 years.

Just because governments are corrupt doesn't mean that a knee-jerk alternative should be mindlessly supported. Remodelling the current governmental structure is infinitely preferable to reverting to the ''Law of the Jungle'' way of living. Most self-proclaimed ''anarchists'' would run a mile if they had to live in their fantasy ''every man for himself'' society, and would soon be begging for someone to step in and help them in their new unsecure, lawless reality.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Obviously don't know much about the anarchist movement besides what you think you saw in a movie, huh? I agree with the sentiment but you're uninformed rant is an indication of your knee jerking.
edit on 1-7-2011 by countupir because: got quote

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

While I respect your position. True anarchy is impossible in todays society. we would be going backwards in time instead of forwards.

While a lot of people would create small communities and respect each other . There would be many (and I mean MANY ) who would take advantage of those who practice true anarchy.

Ask yourself, "What would happen to the armed forces?" Would they be disbanded? If so what happens to the weapons? What would happen to industry?

As long as there is extreme violence, there is no hope for those who live peacefully and do not have it within their means to wage war against an enemy hell bent on destroying them. And in an anarchist world we would see the revival of many extreme ideologies which feed on power and actively attempt to gain control over land and resources to expand the empire. This is exactly what has happened for the last 10.000 years. Tribes vs Tribes to Empires vs Empires to Nations vs Nations.

To do what your suggesting would to take a step back and repeat our history. There must always be government, just one that is for the people and not against them.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

This just goes to show you that the President isn't running the show.
The governments power has been usurped and is being run by a shadow government.

As you can see there has been no change and it's business as usual.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain ....the...Great...er...Oz has spoken.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye
As long as there is extreme violence, there is no hope for those who live peacefully and do not have it within their means to wage war against an enemy hell bent on destroying them. And in an anarchist world we would see the revival of many extreme ideologies which feed on power and actively attempt to gain control over land and resources to expand the empire. This is exactly what has happened for the last 10.000 years. Tribes vs Tribes to Empires vs Empires to Nations vs Nations.

To do what your suggesting would to take a step back and repeat our history. There must always be government, just one that is for the people and not against them.

I see nothing wrong with hiring a free market military force to protect an area, one which is accountable to the people who pay them. suppose, I live in a community of 1000 people, would I pay to support a standing military? yes, would that mean they could wage war willy nilly? no, if they did they wouldn't get paid.

As long as there is government there will be slavery, its the cold hard fact. It is impossible to hold "government" accountable for its actions as there is no way to defund them. you can't withdraw your "consent". belief that government is the answer is an act of blind faith.

Nothing is going to change until we start to think outside the box, and the box is government.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

All governments are lier's and murderers, and that they are waging a war on our consciousness to make us fat, lazy and subservient.

If Ron Paul is not elected in 2012...I am leaving the country.

This needs a little more thought.....

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I have planned on leaving the country for a while now.

But I would be willing to stay and give Ron Paul a chance if he was elected, because unlike other politicians he "seems" to be honest. However if he ended up being just like every other president of the last 50 years. I would leave.

All governments are lier's and murderers. But that does not mean they will always be.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I see nothing wrong with hiring a free market military force to protect an area, one which is accountable to the people who pay them. suppose, I live in a community of 1000 people, would I pay to support a standing military? yes, would that mean they could wage war willy nilly? no, if they did they wouldn't get paid.

As long as there is government there will be slavery, its the cold hard fact. It is impossible to hold "government" accountable for its actions as there is no way to defund them. you can't withdraw your "consent". belief that government is the answer is an act of blind faith.

Nothing is going to change until we start to think outside the box, and the box is government.

A free market military? Mercenaries?

While your community may use this type of military for good, others will not. And you have to entertain the idea that the whole world would not adopt the idea of "true anarchism". So that means if a nation outside of the US evolved to have ideology like the Nazis or the Khmer Rouge, they would build up a military that would obliterate any type of mercenary force an existence (especially with todays technology). It would be the equivalent of the US/British western expansion which massacred the native Americans (who one could argue were "true anarchists").

The Government we have today is NOT the answer. But that does not mean that there is a form of government which will not work in the future, or be completely corrupt. Again a government must work for the people to improve the quality of life and humanity, as oppose to the forms of government which exist today which cater towards the rich and powerful and use the rest of us as slaves.

We will never truly reach the stars until we are united as a race. Instead of divided into tribes and separated by boundaries (like today) by the powerful who have hijacked philosophy and twisted it in their own way.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I was telling everyone I knew, during the run up to the 2008 elections that the things Hillary and Obama were saying about the Bush administrations wrong doings, when one of them got elected, they would embrace those very same things, and thank Bush, for putting them in place for them to use.

I am truly astonished that more people can't recognize, or don't want to recognize, the puppeteers at work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join