It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bullying Police Drag Boy, 13, Out of Bed at Midnight for Throwing an Apple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Just a further example of a police state misguided by the powers at be (This time in the UK). I agree with the father - come back in the morning and resolve the issue...

Please consider;

Link to reputable source!

When two police officers turned up on his doorstep at 11.20pm, Clive Lindoe feared the worst...

But the father of three was shocked and angry to learn the reason for the late-night visit – an allegation that his youngest son had thrown an apple at another boy.

...officers, who made him sign what is believed to have been a neighbourhood resolution agreement, used to resolve minor disputes – even though he denied hurling the apple in the first place.

In my day, your Dad would drag you up to the local pollice station, have a quite chat to the officer in charge and you would be taken out the back and have the absolute wits scared out of you and you would never do anything like it again.

In fact I was so frightened that my father would take me to the police station, I stayed out of serious trouble.

This is the police taking action without consent over something I'm sure most would agree we are not paying them to resolve.

Go out and solve real crimes!!!

edit on 1/7/2011 by Ashtanic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/7/2011 by Ashtanic because: Location of incident

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I had a white trash neighbor once make a nonsense noise complaint against my father.

He called the cops mid morning.

They decided the best time to deal with the complaint was nearly 15 hours later in the single digits of the AM.

I dint know if it's inconsiderate stupidity or some intentional harassment but they sure like to bang on doors in the wee hours for no reason at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
well, it sounds like the kid deserved it. After all he did ASSAULT another child!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashtanic

Its sounds like something you`d hear coming from the US and not UK,stupid is as stupid does I suppose which can be found all around the globe.

Its dumbfounding that they couldn`t have the common sense to sort out something so trivial in the morning though.

Bad form.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

Did you read my opinion?

Did you not have the same fear placed in you by your father or did your parents expect the police to resolve all your problems without your input?

My point is that YES the kid may have done something wrong, but should it have not been a concerted effort by all ADULTS to involve the police in an ADULT manner to teach the kid a lesson in the proper fashion? Rather than one family pointing a finger at another and telling the police to go fix it.

It takes two to make a child - And a community to raise it...

Case in point rested!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
keep calling the cops, you are going to end up dead. sorry for the one liner
edit on 1-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Apart from the grotesque reaction of the police - what kind of boy brings his parents to call the police, because his arm had been bruised by a thrown apple?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
What the heck is wrong with America. I've seen so many threads in the last week about the police going totally nuts at civillians for the most trivial of things.

Thankthe higher power that I live in Australia. Honestly, move here, it's the best country in the world.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ray1850

I would agree with your answer if the boy had
thrown a rock,but an apple

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by drsamuelfrancis

This is a story from the UK not America.The OP doesn`t make that clear.

Its in the link of the OP.

Mr Lindoe said his son had never been in trouble with the police before, and accused the officers of failing to listen to his side of the story when they grilled him at the family’s £250,000 bungalow on Saturday.

Unless there`s an Essex in America thats changed to Pounds.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just heads up to how Police work... if they get a call at night it usually means thet are working the night shift and can't come back in the morning. They just have to finish this call for service a citizen requested of them so they can go back "solving real crimes"

new topics

top topics

join