It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growth Of China Manufacturing Nearly At A Halt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

China’s manufacturing activity decelerated to levels of only marginal growth amid a generally weak export outlook, though there was some good news in signs of easing inflation, according to rival surveys released Friday.

China’s official Purchasing Managers’ Index slipped to 50.9 in June from 52.0 in May, just above the 50 mark that separates expansion from contraction, according to data released by the China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing and National Bureau of Statistics.

Looks like China's manufacturing hasnt really grown much recently. This dosent mean they arent manufacturing much anymore, it means the expansion of manufacturing isnt growing much anymore. This apparently will ease inflation, according to the article.

Maybe this will help bring more manufacturing jobs back to the US?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
And yet it is still a struggle to buy anything that isnt made in China,

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I don't know about the jobs bit.

Maybe China is slowing down because they realize the market for goods (a lot of those goods being their exports) is shrinking.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
maybe i'm just paranoid.... My feeling has always been that china's low wage labour market will entice most western countries to close up factories and set up over there. Benefit obviously bigger profit for companies and lower end cost for comsumers. I know alot of our australian companies have with the most recent high profile being Bonds clothing. Many aussie jobs lost but still more profit for bonds and cheaper product for aussie consumers. Then one day china changes their game tactics and slow production or increase their wage rate, note the recent report of a huge electricity dept in china that will be passed on to factories over there. End result we lost jobs, and now it looks like consumer product will rise again without the money flowing through our economies. Economic warfare to strangle the west. Not all countries need to send in troops to gain anothers resourses. Also note ex australian prime minister kevin rudd was exposed by wikileaks as saying to the americans quote '' australia will not rule out millitary action to integrate china into the world ecomony''. What does that mean ??

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
maybe i'm really really paranoid, i think all the little conflict the west coalition are getting involved in is aimed at stirring china to the point they won't avoid military conflict anymore and we can then say but they attacked us the communist bastards and the mainstream public will believe its a good enough reason for war/invasion whatever you want to call it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
BBC World was reporting today that this had occurred after the Chinese government took measures to prevent their economy from "overheating". Whatever the hell that means.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There manufactoring is'nt growing because Americans are broke and can't afford to buy anymore from them than we allready do.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
such is life when most of the economy is based on coperate dollars instead of resourse dollars. Poor farmrs and miners etc that get broke when they actually have something to trade that actually exists. When will society realise you cant invent jobs and paper money and not expect it to catch up.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
There manufactoring is'nt growing because Americans are broke and can't afford to buy anymore from them than we allready do.

That is true and what goes around comes around. I read where now that China is losing jobs to countries where labor is even cheaper than it is there. Vietnam, Indonesia and India are now taking jobs from China. They did it to us and now someone is doing it to them. Maybe some day it will come full circle and we will get to be the ones doing the taking.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

That's the scariest part of globalization to me, it seems like a race to the bottom for wages and living standards in the western world.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That's 'cause China's economy is about to collapse.

2nd.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It does appear as though the people of the world are in effect being kicked out of the nest. Its time people. Stand up or lay down forever.

top topics

join