It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan singing bowl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hello All

No conspiracey here.......... just some plain old information about how a Tibetan singing bowl actually works....

Scientists have finally turned their attention to a musical instrument that has been around for millennia.

Tibetan singing bowls are used in various places in Asia, mainly for ceremonial purposes.

When filled with water, their singing creates a storm of tiny waves and water droplets which had remained unexplained until researchers in Belgium and the US took a closer look.

BBC Science reporter Jason Palmer explains what they discovered.

www.bbc.co.uk...

PDUK

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Nice video!

Watching the droplets form makes me think of the big bang! Maybe we are in a giant tibetan bowl and some creature is rubbin us good! All our galaxies and what not are like the droplets bouncing in the water in yer video!

Thankies!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, one of the first big influences in my life derived from studying the bodhisattva, and I've been fascinated ever since. There were accounts by early western missionaries that described monks being able to levitate objects using chants, and it's encouraging to see modern science getting off their dogmatic butts and finally looking into mysticism with something other skeptical disdain.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

That's the first time I've seen a signing bowl...very interesting.

You forgot the EX tags, they aren't optional.

External Source Tags - Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing

If you get the chance to hear or use one in person do it, great experience. Can find them in some local places as "earth or "world" stores that sell items to help profit poorer countrie's artisans, items made by hand from different countries.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow. Cool thread! I happen to have four singing bowls. Ranging from small to a 10 inch bowl - now that one has a very very long sustain.

Might have to fill one with water and see for myself these waves.

eta a cool video

edit on 1-7-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

one more eta

I just experimented with water in my 10 inch bowl.. WOW! Those water drops jumped completely out of the bowl. This is so cool!
edit on 1-7-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

join